If Football was in the Olympics(series conclusion)

JTswag187

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like with the USA one you're trying too hard on the helmet, stars and stripes just simply makes it to bust. I'd suggest maybe doing 3 stripes on the helmet, the outer ones being red, and the inner stripe being navy, but using 13 stars on it to pay homage to the 13 original colonies.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

seriously, no feedback?

Anyways here's the UK

12093474985_797c3eac74_o.png

the lion I got off there athletics website.

You're definitely over-emphasizing the blue here, the UK is primarily made up of England, as it is the most populous & powerful country, if it was England's way it would be a red-white, blue is only added through scotland, and the scottish blue is a much lighter shade than navy. It's a more light blue.

I'd definitely suggest mainly using red-white, eliminating grey, and using a lighter blue shade as an accent. It's not broken, but the colors need to be re-worked. I feel like you're trying too hard with the silver on some of these teams, sometimes it's a good medium, but in places like here, where their already is a 3rd color, it looks unnecessary and stale.

seriously, no feedback?

Anyways here's the UK

You're definitely over-emphasizing the blue here, the UK is primarily made up of England, as it is the most populous & powerful country, if it was England's way it would be a red-white, blue is only added through scotland, and the scottish blue is a much lighter shade than navy. It's a more light blue.

I'd definitely suggest mainly using red-white, eliminating grey, and using a lighter blue shade as an accent. It's not broken, but the colors need to be re-worked. I feel like you're trying too hard with the silver on some of these teams, sometimes it's a good medium, but in places like here, where their already is a 3rd color, it looks unnecessary and stale.

the grey was to represent castles and the history of the British monarchy

seriously, no feedback?

Anyways here's the UK

I TOTALLY disagree. I wouldn't go with representing each division by themselves. Quebec is Canada's biggest province is Quebec, so why not a full blue uni?. Eh, why not some Green Pants to give some love to Wales? This is the UK's team, so he's not going to lighten the blue, to accommodate Scotland's flag. No! It's the UK's blue.

I actually think that the silver is great in this case. No doubt, you need to add more red like Scruggy said, but I actually quite like silver here, certainly more so than Canada.

seriously, no feedback?

Anyways here's the UK

I TOTALLY disagree. I wouldn't go with representing each division by themselves. Quebec is Canada's biggest province is Quebec, so why not a full blue uni?. Eh, why not some Green Pants to give some love to Wales? This is the UK's team, so he's not going to lighten the blue, to accommodate Scotland's flag. No! It's the UK's blue.

I actually think that the silver is great in this case. No doubt, you need to add more red like Scruggy said, but I actually quite like silver here, certainly more so than Canada.

Well, there's a difference between a province and a country. ;)

I feel like the gray kind of sucks the life out of the red & blue here, the white would definitely make the red and blue stand out more. A lighter shade of gray could work as well, but sometimes I feel that a stone gray just sucks the life out of the colors around it in a concept.

seriously, no feedback?

Anyways here's the UK

I feel like the gray kind of sucks the life out of the red & blue here, the white would definitely make the red and blue stand out more. A lighter shade of gray could work as well, but sometimes I feel that a stone gray just sucks the life out of the colors around it in a concept.

Ugh! England's not a country! I get in this debate even other day! :P

I actually just came on to give my second thought of lightening the gray actually. I think that that'd be better

Quite possibly one of the best uniforms I have ever seen. I love the lion with it's different color mane, (even if it's not original, the way you used it was great.) A great representation of the country. Those colors are undeniably incredible. Blue and silver/grey. You could put more red, maybe thicker on the stripes, outline the numbers, or use it as a side insert. speaking of the stripes, you nailed the shape and pattern. The simplicity and style of the design can be compared to the colts, who have GREAT uniforms. Try a grey alternate. Bravo!

seriously, no feedback?

Anyways here's the UK

Ugh! England's not a country! I get in this debate even other day! :P

I actually just came on to give my second thought of lightening the gray actually. I think that that'd be better

No, Quebec is a province in a country. England is a country in a country. While Quebec and England have about the same amount of power in the Canada and UK's national governments, they still have different titles. The UK is a "country of countries" consisting of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. That's what it technically is listed in the book, while the respective countries really are just like states in the UK, it's kinda complicated.

I would like to see them try football in the Olympics. A much stripped down version perhaps. 40-man rosters. US would be limited to college players as it used to be in basketball. 10 minute quarters. Perhaps six qualifying teams in a single elimination tournament, with semifinal losers playing for Bronze.

Canada could field a pretty solid team. Mexico, Japan and Germany could probably field fairly competitive teams. And I'm sure some of the very top college players would skip to avoid injuries. Even then, I'm sure the US would be 20+ favorites in every game. But it could still be fun.

*Great Britain not the UK (Technically they compete as Great Britain and NI - shortened as GBR and known commonly as Team GB)

England is a country. It is a country as a part of the United Kingdom - which itself is a sovereign state.

If you are going to include flags, you need to include Northern Ireland too flag-northern-ireland-flagge-rechteckig-.

Team GB's official colours are Blue, White and Red. You do not need to include certain colours for each individual nation as they all belong to the United Kingdom.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

If you are going to include flags, you need to include Northern Ireland too flag-northern-ireland-flagge-rechteckig-.

That, or the St. Patrick's cross flag if the Ulster banner is too contentious.

Anyway I would lose the grey. It muddles the design. The lion logo, for example, doesn't stand out all that well on the grey helmet. Removing the grey and just going with blue, red, and white would do wonders.

Okay I've added more red to UK/GB/GBR/England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland/British people

12106831554_0604cb8c93_o.png

Germany:

the logo on the helmet is kind of a filler until I find/create something I like on the helmet

12106844634_1ee9134dfc_o.png

UK: Improvement, but still could be better, the gray's gotta go if you wanna make it look awesome. And you can just call it the UK, no need to exaggerate it based off an argument correctly explaining the nation.

Germany: For the helmet logo, I'd use the Eagle that Kaz posted, it's been the German coat of arms for 200+ years, and I'd replace the cream/gold color with the flag yellow, you gotta be as patriotic as possible. Also, maybe move the flag back inside the collar? It kinda gets lost in the stripe.

Okay I've added more red to UK/GB/GBR/England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland/British people

12106831554_0604cb8c93_o.png

Germany:

the logo on the helmet is kind of a filler until I find/create something I like on the helmet

12106844634_1ee9134dfc_o.png

UK: Improvement, but still could be better, the gray's gotta go if you wanna make it look awesome. And you can just call it the UK, no need to exaggerate it based off an argument correctly explaining the nation.

Germany: For the helmet logo, I'd use the Eagle that Kaz posted, it's been the German coat of arms for 200+ years, and I'd replace the cream/gold color with the flag yellow, you gotta be as patriotic as possible. Also, maybe move the flag back inside the collar? It kinda gets lost in the stripe.

UK: I might tweak the gray but it's not going anywhere.

USA: took your idea for the striping

12107967125_4226656078_o.png

Germany: Input the coat of arms. and the reason for the Gold color is because their soccer team uses it. That might see a change

12108316103_0c3db3f8ed_o.png

Archived