If Football was in the Olympics(series conclusion)

JTswag187

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it racist that I want the number font of Mexico to be Old English?

I don't know how you could find a font racist, and old english would look like crap on that jersey,

I like this concept, the helmet and pants stripes are very unique, and so is the number font, and it also looks good. Although I'm not sure about the Chevron-esque thing with the helmet stripes going across the jersey, a little bit of overkill and an eyesore for me.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Mexico and Austria will have updates once I get a bit more feedback.

France:

12142828495_57890a15d6_o.png

Sorry, this just doesn't work. The gold and fleur de lis were only used to represent the Kingdom of France, while the red, white, and blue tricolour flag and the faces crest were and are still used by the Republic of France. There's no way a team representing the Republic of France uses Royalist symbols the way you've used them.

France:

Sorry, this just doesn't work. The gold and fleur de lis were only used to represent the Kingdom of France, while the red, white, and blue tricolour flag and the faces crest were and are still used by the Republic of France. There's no way a team representing the Republic of France uses Royalist symbols the way you've used them.

Seconded it. Throw off all references to Kingdom of France. The French Rooster is a better symbol:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coq_gaulois

France:

Seconded it. Throw off all references to Kingdom of France. The French Rooster is a better symbol:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coq_gaulois

Thirded (Is that a word?). Also, no offence, but the number font looks terrible, and all the history reasons Ice_Cap stated, while I usually am a fan of fleur-de-lis concepts, this one just doesn't click.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

This initially confused me. I thought you were mixing Sweden and France for some reason. Ditch the gold for France.

Slightly off topic (or not), is Sweden using Invader Gold for their helmets or is it just me?

Yeah that's right. It's a good look in my opinion.

That royal looks swell on the french uniforms. The gold helmet is great as well. It has a lot of french spirit. Maybe try it without red, the fluer de lis on the jersys, and the different shouders. The logo you have is great, just see what others you can put on the helmet.

France:

The gold helmet does not seem good. The French are very nationalists and republicans, the rooster is the symbol and the flag.

Okay I've added more red to UK/GB/GBR/England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland/British people

12106831554_0604cb8c93_o.png

Germany:

the logo on the helmet is kind of a filler until I find/create something I like on the helmet

12106844634_1ee9134dfc_o.png

UK: Improvement, but still could be better, the gray's gotta go if you wanna make it look awesome. And you can just call it the UK, no need to exaggerate it based off an argument correctly explaining the nation.

Germany: For the helmet logo, I'd use the Eagle that Kaz posted, it's been the German coat of arms for 200+ years, and I'd replace the cream/gold color with the flag yellow, you gotta be as patriotic as possible. Also, maybe move the flag back inside the collar? It kinda gets lost in the stripe.

UK: I might tweak the gray but it's not going anywhere.

USA: took your idea for the striping

12107967125_4226656078_o.png

Germany: Input the coat of arms. and the reason for the Gold color is because their soccer team uses it. That might see a change

12108316103_0c3db3f8ed_o.png

Beautiful germany! Try it with white helmet.

Austria - The unis, again, look stellar. It's the helmet. I think you're overthinking it. They've got a very simple flag, so you could get away with a solid red helmet with your crest on the back. It doesn't need to be wild to look good. Which brings me to

France - Not a fan. Keep it simple, and pull in references when they don't over do it. ALL the references is too many references. The Fleur-de-lis is one of the most iconic symbols in the world, you can easily use that to make a killer look without overdoing it. You might be able to get away with a sublimated pattern on the back, similar to the 08 US Basketball team.

2008%20USA%20Team.png

I get what you're trying to do with the color scheme, but it's just not working right now. Maybe if you went to Royal Blue/Gold, it'd mesh a little better. But that doesn't scream France to me - You've gone heavily toward flag colors up until this uniform, why break the pattern if it's worked SO WELL for your other uni's?

I don't know how you could find a font racist, and old english would look like crap on that jersey,

Because gangs, that's why.

It might be a little out there, but I would make the home jersey that gold color, and then use the German flag as a consistent loop around the whole jersey for both jerseys. Kinda like how Northwestern uses northwestern stripes.

Now you see why I can't have Germany with Northwestern stripes.

12125892546_8841bd984f_o.png

Germany:fixed the flag size

12125632894_3ea950fdab_o.png

also from now on any logos used will be shown separately like Austria.

Austria is more beautiful than the real
American-Football-WM-2011-Bild3.jpg
Maybe more work on the helmet.

Austria - The unis, again, look stellar. It's the helmet. I think you're overthinking it. They've got a very simple flag, so you could get away with a solid red helmet with your crest on the back. It doesn't need to be wild to look good. Which brings me to

France - Not a fan. Keep it simple, and pull in references when they don't over do it. ALL the references is too many references. The Fleur-de-lis is one of the most iconic symbols in the world, you can easily use that to make a killer look without overdoing it. You might be able to get away with a sublimated pattern on the back, similar to the 08 US Basketball team.

2008%20USA%20Team.png

I get what you're trying to do with the color scheme, but it's just not working right now. Maybe if you went to Royal Blue/Gold, it'd mesh a little better. But that doesn't scream France to me - You've gone heavily toward flag colors up until this uniform, why break the pattern if it's worked SO WELL for your other uni's?

Because gangs, that's why.

Really?! But there is no problem using red (Bloods) and blue (Crips)?

Archived