Top 25 College Football Redesigns(added Ohio State & Baylor)

McCraeWilliamsProductions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, you seem to be able to use the tools to make your concepts look well rendered. It's difficult to make them look presentable when you are first starting, and you are doing that. Good job, but keep working to get better. I also like your take on these concepts. Very traditional, which I like. But again, don't be afraid to push the envelope a little more. You can make a traditional looking looking jersey while still doing some cool, innovative things. Keep growing and exploring new things. One more: not everything needs to be posted.

Now for specific criticism on MSU. As said before, the Northwestern stripes wouldn't really fly anymore at Michigan State. Also, lose the Spartans on the shoulders. If the Spartan is on the helmet, then why would it appear again mere inches below on the jersey? As it is, one of them is facing forward and the other is facing backward. For the "S" logo, I would use the S from the wordmark (if you need to use it at all). That will link the logo to the wordmark better. My least favorite part of the package are the black pants. I personally don't think the different colored belt area ever works. Have you ever worn any pants where the top 20% of them were a different color than the legs? There seems to be some sort of green stripe between the legs. What does this accomplish? Why have a different colored panel that is so hard to see? I don't really get the pants stripe either. The jersey is primarily black and green, but the pants have a random, abstract white stripe.

You have a solid start here. Keep working and improving.

I guess I was just trying to spice things up, I've never seen that two toned pant concept so I thought it might look alright.

One more thing, which I have been seeing a lot of lately. The areas circled in red below are the back bumpers. These areas are always white or black. For a realistic concept, they shouldn't be green or some other color.

Untitled_zps70452717.png

Actually some schools have begun making them other colors. Kent State painted their bumpers navy.

You've got some nice designs, however I don't think any of the three are upgrades.

Alabama: Starting with my favorite team so it may sound a little harsh. I don't like the design at all, there is really no point of switching Alabama to that design, it looks like they ordered USC's jersey template out of the Nike catalog, go back to the basics. I'm actually okay with the chest script, contrasting collars/cuffs aren't bad but I'm not really sure if I'm a fan of it. I'd say you should simplify the pants, go with a single stripe to match the helmet or a double stripe. I actually like all of the helmets, I think you executed them well, the black uniforms are alright, I wouldn't mind seeing them in a black alternate.

Michigan State: This is a nice concept, I don't think I'd take this over their current set though.

Auburn: Needs white letters/numbers on the blue jersey. It looks like a walmart jersey right now. The whole set is really just kind of lost IMO. If I were you and you really wanna stay away from their current set, why not base the entire set off of the orange jersey's template? That is easily the best look jersey of the group, I'd just add tiger stripes to the rest of the set and scrap the others. Also three different blue pants are unnecessary, just stick with the last two pants options you have.

Just my two cents, I really like your work overall but I think it could use some improvement.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

really like how on all three you went outside the box but my only complaints are id prefer a more reddish orange color for auburn and the block s for michigan state is used by alot of college teams and i think it would look better if you just recolored the spartan logo from the green helmet

Anybody's page loading slowly because of the pictures? Mine is.

I like your idea with Auburn, but it lacks consistency, you've changed the striping on the navy, orange, and silver jerseys, I feel like it would be better if you stuck with one pattern, but I still don't believe it's an upgrade to their current uni, but I'm a pretty big fan of Auburn's set, also like said above you need to fix the numbers, something doesn't look "right" about them, maybe thicken them a bit? I don't know but they just don't look right to me. And the blue pants are a bit over the top if you ask me.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I like your idea for LSU, but I simply think their uniform is a classic with the stripes and the helmet, although incorporating the tiger eye is an interesting idea, It needs to be resized vertically on the helmet though, it looks too far dragged out horizontally.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I like your idea for LSU, but I simply think their uniform is a classic with the stripes and the helmet, although incorporating the tiger eye is an interesting idea, It needs to be resized vertically on the helmet though, it looks too far dragged out horizontally.

I didnt drag the eye horizonitally, thats just how i is.

http://mccraewilliams.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mizzou-unis.jpg

mizzou-unis.jpg

Archived