NFL Trophy Room

wdm1219inpenna

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

TAMPABAYBUCCANEERS_zps06396f54.png

Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers:

TENNESSEETITANSHOUSTONOILERS_zps915b8d7a

Washington Redskins:

WASHINGTONREDSKINS_zpsc961765b.png

Thank you all for the feedback and kind suggestions. I hope to hear more from you about these. After Super Bowl XLVIII, I'll be updating one of these teams.

This might be a silly question or not but why not use the Bert Bell(NFC champs) and Lamar Hunt(AFC champs) trophies?

Thank you for the kind words griffin. A very good question kwmoore. Quite simply, I wasn't able to find a picture of either trophy that looked satisfactory to me, the way the Lombardi Trophy did, so I ended up using the AFC & NFC Championship Logo banners with respective years included.

Here is a link regarding the 2007-08 season for playoffs. The Browns did not qualify that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_NFL_playoffs

And to cover all bases, here's the 2006-2007 NFL playoff teams...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_NFL_playoffs

I used nfl.com plus my NFL Record & Fact book to re-verify which teams qualified for post season.

I am looking right now at my 2013 official NFL Record & Fact Book. Page 375 has the 2007 standings.

Patriots went 16-0 that year and won the AFC East - #1 seed

Steelers at 10-6 won the AFC North - #4 seed

Colts at 13-3 won the AFC South - #2 seed

Chargers at 11-5 won the AFC West - #3 seed

The 2 wildcard teams were

Jaguars 11-5 - #5 seed

Titans 10-6 - #6 seed

While it is true the Browns did go 10-6 that season, they did not qualify for the playoffs.

The quote below the standings in the book itself reads as follows:

Pittsburgh finished ahead of Cleveland based on head-to-head sweep (2-0).

Tennessee finished ahead of Cleveland based on better record vs. common opponents (4-1 to Browns' 3-2).

While it is true that the Cleveland INDIANS made the 2007 playoffs in MLB, and the Cleveland CAVALIERS made the playoffs for the 2006-07 & 2007-08 seasons, the Cleveland BROWNS did not qualify for post-season play in 2007.

Hope that clarifies that. Thank you all again for your input and feedback :)

I believe the past few years now the trophy style changed for the AFC & NFC Champions. Personally I loved the older looking trophies too, but with this current regime in place with the NFL, all things that once made a great game great are vanishing (kickoffs, defense being allowed to be played, games taking less than 3 hours to play, 12:30pm EST playoff game starts instead of 7:30 starts)...

SEATTLESEAHAWKS_zps8545fdc5.png

Congratulations to the 2013-14 Seattle Seahawks, for winning their first Super Bowl and Vince Lombardi Trophy. The Seahawks become the 19th different NFL franchise in 48 seasons to hoist the coveted trophy. The "unlucky" 13 who've yet to win a Super Bowl include:

Buffalo Bills (0-4) and no playoff berths since the 20th century (1999).

Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) and now a quarter century since their last Super Bowl berth.

Cleveland Browns (0-0) never won an AFC title until they became the Ravens.

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) had a couple of legit chances in the late 1990s, but now, forget it...

Tennessee Titans (0-1) just 1 yard shy some 14 years ago (hard to believe it's been THAT long already!)

Houston Texans (0-0) the baby of the NFL, being just in their 12th season total.

San Diego Chargers (0-1) got smoked by Steve Young and an invincible 49er team. Amazing that the Chargers actually scored 26 in that mismatch and boring game.

Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) typical Philadelphia teams always choke. The Phillies won in 1980 only because of Pete Rose, and playing 2 expansion teams in the playoffs, and in 2008 beating the Rays who were the worst team in baseball until that time.

Detroit Lions (0-0) even more pathetic than the Eagles, the Lions are the only NFC team to never even reach the Super Bowl. So many younger teams have done it.

Minnesota Vikings (0-4) some great Vikings' teams in the 1970s made it to the Super Bowl, but fizzled under the big spotlight. Hard to believe it's been 37 years now since the Vikings have been in a Super Bowl!

Atlanta Falcons (0-1) a fluke NFC Championship in 1998 got them to their first, and only Super Bowl, where they had no shot against Elway & the Broncos.

Carolina Panthers (0-1) had a real shot at winning until the darn kicker kicked a kickoff out of bounds, setting up the Patriots for an easy win...

Arizona Cardinals (0-1) came very close to winning it 5 years ago, but Big Ben & Santonio Holmes had something else to say about it

Archived