2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky makes no sense as a track.

I mean, Chicago had to gave up a summer race for freaking Kentucky?

Yeah, they've had some problems with Kentucky. The very first race was a complete disaster, and the track is rougher than most dirt tracks. Maybe NASCAR should step away from Kentucky for a year or two while they fix their facilities.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3m-inks-three-year-deal-with-hendrick-motorsports-jeff-gordon-081214

It gets worse and worse for Roush.

Seriously, ever since Kurt Busch's 2005 Phoenix debacle, it's been all downhill for Roush save for Carl Edwards' 2008 and 2011 seasons.

53524353.jpg

I don't regret this at all, but oh how the mighty have fallen.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Have you ever noticed that save for Matt Kenseth in 2006 and a 9-win season from Carl Edwards in 2008, most drivers have not done too well since Ford switched from the Taurus to the Fusion?

In the 8 seasons NASCAR had the Ford Taurus, only once- 2001- did Roush not have a driver in the top 5 in the final standings of the season.

Robert Yates Racing was also never the same after they switched to the Fusion, not winning a race period from 2006-2009 after winning at least one race every year from 1989-2005. Look at how Jarrett/Sadler's performance dropped from solid 2004-2005 numbers to s diamal 2006.

Robert Yates Racing was also never the same after they switched to the Fusion, not winning a race period from 2006-2009 after winning at least one race every year from 1989-2005. Look at how Jarrett/Sadler's performance dropped from solid 2004-2005 numbers to s diamal 2006.

I think the death knell for RYR was losing Ricky Rudd in 2003. No knock on Elliot Sadler, but Jarrett and Rudd were a dynamite combination. Yates was finally put out of its misery when Jarrett left for Michael Waltrip racing.

Then Yates had Gilliland and Kvapil (and Menard) and due to sponsorship problems; Yates was forced to close the door. Gilliland, Kvapil and Menard just did not deliver any results and the sponsors left Yates high and dry.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Yeah, they've had some problems with Kentucky. The very first race was a complete disaster, and the track is rougher than most dirt tracks. Maybe NASCAR should step away from Kentucky for a year or two while they fix their facilities.

On the other hand, Chicagoland deserved to lose a race due to a decade of track mismanagement. From 2009-2011, they went through like four presidents.

They all kept the policy of only selling a "Track Pass", which was a season ticket to all the events. So in order to get Sprint Cup seats, you also had to buy the IndyCar and Nationwide weekends. They were doing that well into the economic downturn.

Once they finally got rid of that, it took them another year to realize that the track might get better early sales if they have an Early Purchase Discount once the schedule was announces.

So 3M guarentees Gordon is around for 3 more years. Chase Elliott will probably replace Kahne at some point I imagine. Maybe Roush can get him when his contract ends!

Not sure if last year was a fluke, or this year. It seems like Kahne's just had worse luck this year. I like Kahne, but I'd love to see Chase Elliott in a Cup ride. Dale Jr just does an amazing job as a team owner. He really builds and prepares drivers for Cup. I heard that one of his asphalt late model drivers is getting a chance in a Nationwide car, and I thought that was really cool.

Oh yeah man, I'm a huge Kahne fan and absolutely know that he has no luck, but it doesn't look good running 12th every week while his teammates all have multiple wins.

I figure he can bring sponsorship money anywhere he goes, and his performance hasn't even dropped that much. He could easily win at Michigan, Atlanta, or Bristol before the chase. I just imagine them axing Kahne for Chase if next year goes the same as this one.

So 3M guarentees Gordon is around for 3 more years. Chase Elliott will probably replace Kahne at some point I imagine. Maybe Roush can get him when his contract ends!

Not sure if last year was a fluke, or this year. It seems like Kahne's just had worse luck this year. I like Kahne, but I'd love to see Chase Elliott in a Cup ride. Dale Jr just does an amazing job as a team owner. He really builds and prepares drivers for Cup. I heard that one of his asphalt late model drivers is getting a chance in a Nationwide car, and I thought that was really cool.
The person I believe you're looking for is Josh Berry

The person I believe you're looking for is Josh Berry

Yep! Thank you :D

On the other hand, Chicagoland deserved to lose a race due to a decade of track mismanagement. From 2009-2011, they went through like four presidents.

They all kept the policy of only selling a "Track Pass", which was a season ticket to all the events. So in order to get Sprint Cup seats, you also had to buy the IndyCar and Nationwide weekends. They were doing that well into the economic downturn.

Once they finally got rid of that, it took them another year to realize that the track might get better early sales if they have an Early Purchase Discount once the schedule was announces.

Except Chicagoland never had two races. The summer race simply moved to the fall after a few years of it being a night race the second weekend of July.

Time to prepare for the new year...

Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

255uexk.jpg

Ryan Blaney:

hty6c3.jpg

Finally....

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-ns/news/carl-edwards-daniel-suarez-will-unveil-2015-plans/?v=2&s=1

Joe Gibbs Racing has scheduled a news conference for Tuesday.

Motorsports.com is hearing that Joe Gibbs Racing will announce Carl Edwards as its fourth Sprint Cup driver for the 2015 season next Tuesday.

baltimoreravens.png

Some qualifying news for all three series:

SPRINT CUP: At a blistering 206 avg. mph yesterday at Michigan, Jeff Gordon wins his second consecutive pole at Michigan. I won't be surprised if Michigan becomes the next restrictor plate, but with the proposal of a new engine with lower HP, that may not be necessary

NATIONWIDE: Sam Hornish Jr. takes the pole at his home track in Mid-Ohio. Alex Tagliani will start P2. I expect both of these guys to be competing for the win by the end of the race, but something tells me Brian Scott will pull a Brendan Gaughan and surprise everyone.

TRUCKS: I just watched the final round and it was the craziest thing I've seen with this new format. Everyone was lined up on pit road waiting until the last second to go off pit road, but only one driver was able to take time: Ryan Blaney. Basically, he won the poll by default. Joey Logano makes his 3rd start in the NCWTS this season and will start 2nd, while Austin Dillon and Kyle Busch are back in the trucks again this weekend

Also, it seems as if Marcos Ambrose and AJ Allmendinger picked up right where they left off last weekend as both drivers, as well as Kyle Larson, are up in the top 10 in practice while Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch lead the speed charts.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived