2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had never heard of this Buescher before today (I know his brother James won the Truck series title 2 years ago).

Personally, I think Road America was a better race than this one. When Hornish went out and Scott blew the lead on pit road, it was essentially over.

Surprised none of the Sprint Cup regulars made this race- Mid-Ohio to Michigan back and forth seems doable.

James Buescher is Chris' first cousin - and Steve Turner of Turner Scott Motorsports son-in-law

I had never heard of this Buescher before today (I know his brother James won the Truck series title 2 years ago).

Personally, I think Road America was a better race than this one. When Hornish went out and Scott blew the lead on pit road, it was essentially over.

Surprised none of the Sprint Cup regulars made this race- Mid-Ohio to Michigan back and forth seems doable.

I am GLAD there were no Cup drivers in the Nationwide series. It made for a much more entertaining race, though road courses are usually entertaining.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

James Buescher is Chris' first cousin - and Steve Turner of Turner Scott Motorsports son-in-law

I am GLAD there were no Cup drivers in the Nationwide series. It made for a much more entertaining race, though road courses are usually entertaining.

That is true. But I'm surprised Brad or Kyle didn't make a surprise debut.

Results from Michigan:

1. Gordon

2. Harvick

3. Logano

4. Menard

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Bowyer

7. Hamlin

8. Keslowski

9. Johnson

10. Biffle

Logano had the car though, both Penske cars looked good until Kes hit the wall & Joey just messed up. Harvick came out of nowhere but Gordon, in my opinion had just has a dominant car the whole year. Next up, A Saturday night race in Bristol!

baltimoreravens.png

Gordon didn't just have the best car today, but hands down all weekend. That thing was fast as soon as it rolled off the hauler.

Hendrick has now won 9/22 races, this year. That is awesome

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Hard to believe Gordon hadn't won here in 13 years!

And talk about how times have changed- when he won here in 1998, there were a lot of boos in Victory Lane. Today? None.

Also, only 5 other drivers from his last Michigan win were even in today's race- Harvick, Kenseth, Dale Jr, Burton, Ryan Newman (although technically Burton did replace another guy from that race in Tony Stewart).

Another win for a guy locked into the Chase. This is going to be the problem with the Chase field. I don't think we're EVER going to see 16 separate winners over the 26 races until the Chase field is set.

Although you'll probably see surprise winners like Aric Almirola and AJ Allmendinger in the field though.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Another win for a guy locked into the Chase. This is going to be the problem with the Chase field. I don't think we're EVER going to see 16 separate winners over the 26 races until the Chase field is set.

Although you'll probably see surprise winners like Aric Almirola and AJ Allmendinger in the field though.

3 races left, 4 more possible different winners... Someone's getting in via points and that will either be Kenseth or Newman with Kenseth being more likely.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Well, the Bristol night race will be an interesting test for what has been a Hendrick-dominated year.

In contrast to Charlotte and Martinsville, Bristol at night is histotrically not Hendrick country.

The funny thing is that they have won here in the spring 6 times- Gordon won 4 straight, Kyle Busch '07, Jimmie Johnson 2010- but Hendrick Motorsports has only won 3 of their 29 Bristol August races- and the last won came 12 years ago.

DW in '89, Labonte in the famous 1995, Jeff Gordon's 2002 bump-and-run.

Bristol at night is an absolutely tricky race to win even for the best. Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Kurt Busch have only won that race once. Jimmie's never won there- arguably the only marquee NASCAR race he's yet to win.

OTOH, Bristol has seen noteable first-race winners- Dale St, Irvin, Rusty, Kurt Busch- so there's a shot for Larson/Danica/Dillon.

I'm gonna go with a guy who has been very snakebitten in the night race- Kevin Harvick.

I'm gonna go with a guy who has been very snakebitten in the night race- Kevin Harvick.

I'm going to wait until Richmond to put money on Harvick. Yes, he's finished 2nd 4-consecutive races, but Richmond seems like his best chance

Denny Hamlin talking to Jr after the race, to voice his frustration? Um, Denny probably was mad at Jr, then realized, "oh *snap*, Junior Nation is too large, too passionate! I better come up with a better excuse."

LOL

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

19 seems like a weird choice; but whatever. It was pretty much a given that Edwards was going to go Joe Gibbs Racing.

I don't find the number choice weird. I find the sponsor choice to be the weirdest. Not very many people have heard of ARRIS. Why not go with Subway as the primary sponsor?

19 seems like a weird choice; but whatever. It was pretty much a given that Edwards was going to go Joe Gibbs Racing.

I don't find the number choice weird. I find the sponsor choice to be the weirdest. Not very many people have heard of ARRIS. Why not go with Subway as the primary sponsor?

That would've been Subway's decision

Archived