2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see Logano see victory lane for the third time. He's really coming into his own at Penske.

I'm convinced that if AJ didn't get busted and get kicked out of the #22, he'd be in Logano's position.

AJ had another solid Top 15 finish (14th), a week after finishing in the top 15 at Michigan.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Well the 2015 schedule came out here are some changes...

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/darlington-raceway-back-to-labor-day-weekend-as-nascar-releases-sprint-cup-series-schedule-082614

First the obvious...

Darlington moving to Labor Day

Atlanta takes over as the second points race of the year, one week after the Daytona 500.

Phoenix moves from the second race of the year to the fourth.

Bristol moves back five weeks, from mid-March to mid-April.

Kentucky moves from one week before the July Daytona race until one week after.

Charlotte and Kansas trade fall dates.

Surprisingly, perhaps, there are no changes in the tracks used for the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

baltimoreravens.png

Do you think it's easier to qualify on bigger tracks or smaller tracks?

I really depends, I'd say any track that has long turns and short straight aways is easier because if you make a mistake in the corner you have less straight away speed being lost before you can get into the next corner and run a better line.

In light of Darlington getting Labor Day back next year, I want your honest opinion here:

If Atlanta, and not California, had gotten the Labor Day race in 2004 and for the next few years, would there have been similar outcry to what we got?

Stewart's back? Oh, boy. I have a bad feeling about this.

I don't know how the NASCAR fans feel about him coming back. I'm not expecting him to get the Kyle Busch treatment, but I fear the fans cheering his return will get typecast ala Ravens fans cheering Ray Rice a few weeks back.

I don't know how the NASCAR fans feel about him coming back. I'm not expecting him to get the Kyle Busch treatment, but I fear the fans cheering his return will get typecast ala Ravens fans cheering Ray Rice a few weeks back.

Those fans that can sympathize and empathize with Tony will welcome him back, politely, unlike the dim bulbs in Baltimore. There will be some calling him names and such.

What I'm waiting for is the reaction of the true NASCAR media, those that have followed the sport and written about it for any length of time when the first "Gotcha journalist" and blog "reporter" asks an insensitive question.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

So based on your "expert" knowledge of things, you 100% know Tony did something wrong in the Ward incident and the fans should treat him like crap? Interesting... Remember, he is innocent until proven guilty, that is the American justice system, so stop implying that he did anything wrong.

Archived