2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

OK, i need to vent... I'll just spoiler it:

NASCAR seriously needs to get their crap together. This qualifying format is obviously not working when you have three cars (17 - Stenhouse Jr, 51 - Allgaier, 36 - Sorenson) miss the race even though they have attempted all 31 races so far this season. It's complete and utter bullcrap. They seriously need to go back to the Top 35 rule and change the process a second time. Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, and Kevin Harvick are all starting at the back because of this format. What I'd do to change it is to keep the group qualifying for all tracks EXCEPT FOR the superspeedways. Heat races should be used for those tracks, as they already run in large groups in qualifying. Plus, if it continues, someone's going to get killed if one of those cars on-track hits someone on the bottom of the track.

Speaking of Formats, this Chase format has some flaws in it... and by some, I mean it's one giant flaw. You have guys like Ryan Newman, who hasn't won a race all year, in the Top 5 because he's been getting lucky. Meanwhile, BK, JJ, and Jr. - with 11 wins between them - are probably going to be eliminated. Don't get me wrong, I like Newman, but I don't think he's deserving of a Championship because he got hot at the right time. He's basically the New York Giants of NASCAR, only the difference is that I like Newman much more. Not to mention that Jeff Gordon is on the bubble while Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch - 3 wins total - are in favorable spots going into today's race. I will say that if Harvick or Joey win the title, I wouldn't be surprised because they have been running good all year, though I'd like to see Joey win it more than Kevin simply because he has more wins, but if Kevin wins it, then I'd consider that a half-win for Hendrick because it is, after all, his equipment that he's giving.

I have also considered leaving/unfollowing the sport for a little while. Brian France has brought the sport down in the past decade. It's time for some new blood as competition director that gives the fans what they want instead of "Hey, you know what would be funny? If we restarted everything right at the end of the season!!!!!!1111one!!!!uno!!1eleven" I liked the chase at first, but that was before it changed every flippin year

*exhales*

Couldn't agree more. I like your idea of heat races. As a dirt racer, that would intrigue me even more :)

Thanks man.

As for the race... ooh boy. Basically all I have to say is "Go Gordon". I will say that I smell 2012 all over again: Brad dominates, Jimmie falls out of contention later into the chase (all though this one was an earlier exit), comes back the next season - 2013 - and wins the title because, as Chad Knaus and the rest of the crew have said themselves, they were looking ahead to the next season at the end of 2012. This year, JJ and Co. have roughly four more weeks of studying next season's rule package to prepare for 2015. I expect them to return to normal next year.

EDIT: Oh, and I've been seeing this image come across my Facebook page for the past week or so, really made me laugh:

10731117_639629882816234_351760415740579

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from Martinsville:

1. Earnhardt Jr.

2. Gordon

3. Newman

4. Stewart

5. Logano

6. Kenseth

7. Bowyer

8. Hamlin

9. Allmendinger

10. Ragan

2 red flags, Kes & Harvick being dealt some blows and a dominant performance from Gordon. Little E looked good through the race. Next up, Texas.

baltimoreravens.png

More WWE action at Texas.

I'm a huge 24 fan, but Gordon's embarrassing himself... that wasn't Keselowski's fault. It was completely the result of the 24 teams idiotic decision to choose the outside line on the restart and then Gordon dropping down into Keselowski.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm a huge 24 fan, but Gordon's embarrassing himself... that wasn't Keselowski's fault. It was completely the result of the 24 teams idiotic decision to choose the outside line on the restart and then Gordon dropping down into Keselowski.

Harvick with the shove from behind during the brawl.

I wouldn't say it was 100% Gordon's fault there, as I wouldn't call it 100% Kez's fault. Just a racing incident of someone diving for a small gap and someone not knowing that a driver was headed to the gap and he closed it. I WILL say that Kez has been driving like a complete *insert Gordon's phrase here* the whole Chase. I'm going to say that it'll be even more intense next week... hopefully :P

From one camera view, you can see him just hanging out and waiting behind Kez's car, then once he turned around he came in with the shove. Another fun day in NASCAR.

I got a feeling, its going be ugly once they get to Phoenix...

Results from Texas:

1.Johnson

2. Harvick

3. Keselowski

4. Kyle Busch

5. McMurray

6. Earnhardt Jr.

7. Larson

8. Kurt Busch

9. Edwards

10. Hamlin

SN: I was impressed with Kurt today. He had a great car tonight & drove it like there was no tomorrow. Even Tony Stewart was doing pretty dang well. It seemed like that tires were the issue, some having to reuse old tires as well.

baltimoreravens.png

I wouldn't say it was 100% Gordon's fault there, as I wouldn't call it 100% Kez's fault. Just a racing incident of someone diving for a small gap and someone not knowing that a driver was headed to the gap and he closed it. I WILL say that Kez has been driving like a complete *insert Gordon's phrase here* the whole Chase. I'm going to say that it'll be even more intense next week... hopefully :P

From one camera view, you can see him just hanging out and waiting behind Kez's car, then once he turned around he came in with the shove. Another fun day in NASCAR.

Either way, it all resulted from the decision to take the outside lane on the restart, which was beyond stupid, regardless of what happened on the prior one. What's really stupid is all of the teams pulling the fender right in front of the rear tires out, pretty much causing a flat tire on any type of contact. And since every team did it, wasn't the difference negated?

IUe6Hvh.png

Either way, it all resulted from the decision to take the outside lane on the restart, which was beyond stupid, regardless of what happened on the prior one. What's really stupid is all of the teams pulling the fender right in front of the rear tires out, pretty much causing a flat tire on any type of contact. And since every team did it, wasn't the difference negated?

I think NASCAR needs to step in on that

I think NASCAR needs to step in on that

Yeah, I mean otherwise the worst that would've happened was a fender rubbing the tire, which Gordon could have rode out through the checker. Whatever, I don't even want to watch the last two races. I'm a big Gordon fan but I'm pretty upset with that team after everything that transpired.

Also, cautions caused by Clint Boyer spins/wrecks seem to screw Jeff Gordon a lot.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's not a fender flare. It's a wing. It helps in creating down force, some sources say as much as 80 lbs. NASCAR is fully culpable in this. They're allowing teams to use it, first used, by the way, by Keselowski. Penske has a ton and I mean a TON of engineering in their corporation. They know it helps the down force.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Oh, poor Jeffy. Someone spilt his milk. Brad did nothing wrong. Jeff left the hole open and Brad filled it, and then Jeff turned down on Brad. Jeff, stop acting like a baby. Let's see, first there was the wussy fight with Jeff Burton, then the temper-tantrum with Clint Bowyer at Phoenix, and now Brad races you hard and you throw another temper-tantrum. Jeff Gordon "Wonder-Baby". That's all baby Jeffy does, is whine and cry. It's a real man Jeffy when you need a distraction by Harvick to throw a punch. Gordon is straight out pathetic.

Archived