2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Oh, poor Jeffy. Someone spilt his milk. Brad did nothing wrong. Jeff left the hole open and Brad filled it, and then Jeff turned down on Brad. Jeff, stop acting like a baby. Let's see, first there was the wussy fight with Jeff Burton, then the temper-tantrum with Clint Bowyer at Phoenix, and now Brad races you hard and you throw another temper-tantrum. Jeff Gordon "Wonder-Baby". That's all baby Jeffy does, is whine and cry. It's a real man Jeffy when you need a distraction by Harvick to throw a punch. Gordon is straight out pathetic.

This. Honestly, he did get screwed by some cautions late. But you know what? They should've been thrown. Logano spun with cars coming, kahne did twice, and Bowyer did in the trioval. It happens to someone weekly. If Gordon had been in front at Talladega and they threw the caution for Larson spinning out of the pits, you all would've been irate. Kasey kahne has bad luck every other week, but no one has a right to complain because it's racing. It could happen in any series at any level.

Kes had a great start and went for a hole because he was trying to win. He was far behind after his car broke at martinsville, and his best shot at advancing was to win. That real estate was as much of his as Gordon's. Obviously he made that move not with the intention to blow Gordon's tire. But I gaurentee I know 6 other chase drivers who would've made the same move. Brad is aggressive but he likes to win. Penske has the best cars in the field right now, and they have a huge chance to win a title. God forbid, at the expense of an aging driver who thinks he deserves special treatment.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the second time in four weeks where Brad's on-track attitude has ruffled feathers. He's stated that he drives to win, like Earnhardt Sr and Senna, but what he doesn't understand is his "inspirations" backed up what they did ON track off. They didn't back done from confrontation, didn't try to use excuses. Someday, Brad will learn that there's a fine line between "racing hard and earning respect" and being a punk. So far, his peers are not respecting him.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

This is the second time in four weeks where Brad's on-track attitude has ruffled feathers. He's stated that he drives to win, like Earnhardt Sr and Senna, but what he doesn't understand is his "inspirations" backed up what they did ON track off. They didn't back done from confrontation, didn't try to use excuses. Someday, Brad will learn that there's a fine line between "racing hard and earning respect" and being a punk. So far, his peers are not respecting him.

This. I'd agree partially with what was stated above about Penske having the best cars. But I'd throw Hendrick in there as well. Sure, Hendrick has only 1 car left in the Chase, but they've done pretty damn well this year.

Penske finding ways to get extra downforce out of a car doesn't surprise me at all.

Obviously not a NASCAR guy but I'm still trying to figure out what Keselowski did wrong, exactly? If we had a restart at the Indy 500 with, say, two to go and Will Power was sitting third, I'd expect him to do the same damn thing. You're going for a title. If you've got a hole, go for it.

6fQjS3M.png

Penske finding ways to get extra downforce out of a car doesn't surprise me at all.

Obviously not a NASCAR guy but I'm still trying to figure out what Keselowski did wrong, exactly? If we had a restart at the Indy 500 with, say, two to go and Will Power was sitting third, I'd expect him to do the same damn thing. You're going for a title. If you've got a hole, go for it.

Kes really didn't nothing wrong, he found a hole and drove through it, but how he washed up the track and brushed up against Jeff makes some people think Keselowski intentionally caused Gordon's flat tire and spin.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

You ever notice that NASCAR drivers rarely get into serious off the track issues?

Yes, we had the Tony Stewart situation in August and Travis Kvapil a few years ago and Kurt Busch's 2005 Phoenix incident, but those are the norm rather than the exception.

For all the "Kyle Busch is a bad dude on the track" stuff, he has a clean crimincal record and he never has any issues with his wife Samantha.

The lack of an offseason means there is less chances for NASCAR drivers to really screw up away from the track.

So NASCAR announced the penalties this evening... Or should I say, lack-there-of, as the only ones who were fined/suspended/placed on probation were either crew members of the #24 or the #5. No driver received any penalties.

I do find it odd, though, that Ambrose and Mears can get into a scuffle at Richmond in May and both be penalized, yet Tony and Hamlin have been the only ones fined since Charlotte and they barely did anything.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

You ever notice that NASCAR drivers rarely get into serious off the track issues?

Yes, we had the Tony Stewart situation in August and Travis Kvapil a few years ago and Kurt Busch's 2005 Phoenix incident, but those are the norm rather than the exception.

For all the "Kyle Busch is a bad dude on the track" stuff, he has a clean crimincal record and he never has any issues with his wife Samantha.

The lack of an offseason means there is less chances for NASCAR drivers to really screw up away from the track.

Seem to have overlooked Jeremy Mayfield, Brian Rose (& Dad), and Aaron Fike.

and, just as we're talking off-the-track issues, news comes out that Kurt Busch is under investigation for domestic assault

I know he has a short fuse, but this still comes as a shock for me. If he's proven guilty, then I'll be surprised that he stooped to that level. I still think NASCAR (and other racecar) drivers generally tend to be the classier athletes of the world, but this would definitely hurt the reputation.

Harvick moves on, and Newman with a last corner pass to knock Gordon back out.

Meanwhile in Dawsonville...

It seems now that we have another family dynasty in NASCAR, congrats to Chase Elliot for winning the Nationwide series. I think this kid has a bright future.

Chase Elliot is a great talent. I'm glad that he won, and I'll be glad if Regan Smith can hold second to give JRM a 1-2 finish.

NASCAR is one race away from potentially being proven that the whole "emphasis on winning to win the championship" is flawed... Newman hasn't won a race all season and he's in the "Championship 4". All Newman has to do is finish 2nd at Homestead and Harvick, Logano, and Hamlin all have to finish behind him.

I think NASCAR is going to have some issues if Newman wins this whole thing. The changes to the championship format has already chased away a lot of fans -- I'm sure many more will follow if a guy who's had a pretty mediocre season wins the championship. Ryan Newman being in the final four despite not being a factor all season is a joke.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived