2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Engines have started. Should be back to racing soon. I hope it's not rain shortened but the threat of rain should make for some good racing.

edit: Very good racing so far.

double edit: The commercial breaks every four minutes is more than just a little annoying, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*MASSIVE ROAR Of approval. All is right in the NASCAR world.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Happy Junior won and happy with Jeff Gordon's fourth place finish -- glad he had a shot there in the green-white-checker.

Great race, though. After the rain delay, they never went back to the single line racing they started the race with.

Also, I can't believe Austin Dillon got a top 10... involved in that first big wreck and then caused two others.

IUe6Hvh.png

*long slow clap for Jr*

Eh, I'm not happy Junior won. Sure, it may be "good for the sport", but I think it would've been better had someone like Jeff Gordon won. Even though I really dislike Gordon, I'd have been happier seeing Gordon win then Junior, who I really despise.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

NASCAR needs Junior to start winning and stop being just Mr. Popularity. If he can be in the chase until the last race it could be a fun season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That was an intense race, the last 20 laps, it could've been anyone's race. Junior had the best car, but so did Keselowski, Hamlin, Kenseth, Johnson & Harvick amongst others. The rookie race is going to be rather interesting IMO. However, I'm hoping this is Junior's year, one can dream.

Top 10

1. Earnhardt Jr.

2. Hamlin

3. Keselowski

4. Gordon

5. Johnson

6. Kenseth

7. Stenhouse Jr.

8. Biffle

9. Dillon

10. Mears

I can't to see what happens in Phoenix.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for Phoenix:

Well we had our first knockout qualifying with a Penske 1-2 with Keselowski & Logano. It's interesting on how they're taking a system that's used & adapting to it. It'll take some getting used to but I think it has potential.

baltimoreravens.png

So what happened was cars would go out, run a quick lap, then coast around and cool the engine to pit and get the car worked on for another lap. It made the session kind of dangerous for everyone. When they taked to drvers after the 30 minute session they all said that was the problem. I know F1 has had something happen like this last year where teams found a loophole in the rules. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I like the new qualifying very much, but raysox brings up a good point. Just imagine if this was at Martinsville or a road course? I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR does step in and try to eliminate that loophole

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Phoenix:

1. Harvick

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Keselowski

4. Logano

5. Gordon

6. Johnson

7. Newman

8. Edwards

9. Kyle Busch

10. McMurray

Harvick just had a dominate car the whole day, next to Kes & Logano. Little E is still going strong for now, on to Vegas.

baltimoreravens.png

Am I the only one who thinks they should enforce the out of bounds rule at Phoenix?

Daytona and Talladega are the only two tracks with out of bounds rules.

But it just looks so beyond odd. I know it's cause of the dogleg but still....

Am I the only one who thinks they should enforce the out of bounds rule at Phoenix?

Daytona and Talladega are the only two tracks with out of bounds rules.

But it just looks so beyond odd. I know it's cause of the dogleg but still....
Gordon actually used the dogleg to his advantage yesterday. Running 7th with 2 to go, he just divebombed into the dogleg and ended up 5th.

I'm all for using every bit of the race track, except at the superspeedways where it's both outta bounds (given) and could be disastrous considering how slick the apron is.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived