NBA Courts Tweaked by TheRealPepman

TheRealPepman

@colortv would like to request a recolor of the current Knicks court, if I understood it correctly, with only the out of bounds area changed from blue to orange. I saw one you've done before on page 6 or so but it had font changes and also the key area on was changed to orange.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, colortv said:

Can anyone whip up a Knicks concept court, the current court except with orange on the outer perimeter instead of blue? With the outer perimeter verbiage in blue?

I think it would be an improvement over the current one.

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, sayahh said:

@colortv would like to request a recolor of the current Knicks court, if I understood it correctly, with only the out of bounds area changed from blue to orange. I saw one you've done before on page 6 or so but it had font changes and also the key area on was changed to orange.  Thanks.

I interpret this in 2 ways:

6RswOCq.jpg

StfT0Vx.jpg

6 hours ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Can you do a Cavs court that has the current logo set in the blue and orange color scheme from the 80s.

lAxMJGy.jpg

fqKeRe7.jpg

IqDlrdU.jpg

By the way, I will be out of town for the next 2.5 weeks, so please wait a little bit for me to address your requests. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 2

@PepMan33Conde  I went back and re-read what colortv wrote and I think it's a combination of both.  I took your second one and colored the three-point line as well as what I assume he meant by verbiage and colored that too.  I left "THEREALPEPMAN" in there because I only tweaked it and you did most of the work.

@colortv  Is this what you wanted?

knicks2.png

2 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

I interpret this in 2 ways:

6RswOCq.jpg

StfT0Vx.jpg

lAxMJGy.jpg

fqKeRe7.jpg

IqDlrdU.jpg

By the way, I will be out of town for the next 2.5 weeks, so please wait a little bit for me to address your requests. Thanks for understanding.

Yes, with some minor modifications as sayahh did. Although it is great to see the inverse version. Thank you. The Cavs courts look breathtaking.

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

@PepMan33Conde  I went back and re-read what colortv wrote and I think it's a combination of both.  I took your second one and colored the three-point line as well as what I assume he meant by verbiage and colored that too.  I left "THEREALPEPMAN" in there because I only tweaked it and you did most of the work.

@colortv  Is this what you wanted?

knicks2.png

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I should have just used the Lakers court as a reference for the color layout. I think this layout would improve the Knicks court tremendously, although the inverse version might be even better.

Any thoughts?

Can anyone explain why the Knicks shade of orange seems to translate across different images with so much variance?

This is how it should look IMO:

CQfMhX-UAAAGrd8.jpg-large.0.jpeg

But more often than not it appears lighter and more "washed out". Not singling out your designs in particular just something I've noticed for a long time.

4 minutes ago, colortv said:

I should have just used the Lakers court as a reference for the color layout.

I see what you mean.

Personally, I prefer the two Knicks courts that Pepman33Conde whipped up, though a few years back I might've liked orange everywhere there's blue.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:05 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

Thanks for making me realize I should make courts based on the  uniforms of NBA teams donning unusual colors. Might as well make for other uniforms. Just wait on it.

8BbplF2.jpg

I also worked on the Blazers' new logos.

ksStvEZ.jpg

SPCtzWY.jpg

Looks dope! Great job

9 minutes ago, colortv said:

Can anyone explain why the Knicks shade of orange seems to translate across different images with so much variance?

This is how it should look IMO:

CQfMhX-UAAAGrd8.jpg-large.0.jpeg

But more often than not it appears lighter and more "washed out". Not singling out your designs in particular just something I've noticed for a long time.

Not sure.  It could be the lighting.  I think Knicks and Lakers turn off the lights for the crowd to put the spotlight on the court, the players and the action.

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 1:25 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

I'll show you two options:

A (The one you requested)

yXhMrUm.jpg

B (Two-toned)

aF4QkY5.jpg

I made the court almost a year ago, and the Pistons at the time were very much content with the Palace. I do know that the Pistons will move at the Little Caesars Arena. I'll wait for the Pistons' official confirmation of using that logo before I slap the LCA logos on that court. 

Take the team name and roundel off the logo.  Just use the ball and wolf.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...