Atlanta Braves Sleeveless Jersey Concept

bravesfan8604

Hey Guys! I'm a bit new to this, but I have been wanting to design a sleeveless jersey concept for the Atlanta Braves. I wanted to incorporate elements of the old feather logo from the 70's as well as today's color scheme. Hope you like it! I have both the Home and Away sets done; I might do a Dark Blue jersey also, possibly for BP or Spring Training. Lemme know whatcha think!

AtlantaBravesUniIdea3_zpscf29fd3e.jpg

Home

AtlantaBravesUniIdeaAway_zpsb3a9130a.jpg

Away

This was done on Paint, and the dumb thing saved the Away jersey as a .GIF from a .PNG... grr... anyway. Comments and criticism much appreciated!! (Edited: Reposted with better quality on the Away uni!)

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." - Yogi Berra

Interesting. Putting the above comment aside which may be valid, I would match the colour in the feather logo to the blue used in the rest of the set.

I would also change the A logo on the vest so that it is different to the cap logo - a whole different choice of logo rather than an alteration. Or even drop it altogether.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I love that you went out there on this. Baseball is the most bland unchanged uniform in sports. That said, you did a great job of making this adjustment. The feathers work well and you made a great "future past" look here. Putting the tomahawk on the front would've been overkill so you showed great restraint there as well

Interesting. Putting the above comment aside which may be valid, I would match the colour in the feather logo to the blue used in the rest of the set.

I would also change the A logo on the vest so that it is different to the cap logo - a whole different choice of logo rather than an alteration. Or even drop it altogether.

Changing the A logo would be correct IF you wanted to keep to that uni style but I like that you've matched them. Not crazy about the numbers on the front for some reason.....I'm not sure where marble is seeing a different color blue unless you've changed it since....

Do you realize that baseball jerseys are tucked in, other designs could work but this just doesnt

Yes, wonderbread, I played baseball for 12 years, so I know full well how different aspects of a baseball uniform work. If you are wondering about the stripes that extend to the bottom of the jersey, I did that for continuity and because sometimes, people wear them and don't tuck them in, i.e. if they wear them with jeans. If you are wondering about the length of the feathers, they could be shortened. This is, after all, a concept.

It could work (But it could also be a disaster) if the feathers extend into the pants, kind of like racing stripes

I thought about extending the feathers into the pants, but I dunno how that would look coming off the belt loop onto the length of the pants. Sounds like an interesting prospect!

Get rid of the feathers on the side's, and it's perfect.

I like that, as I was thinking the feathers made the jersey a bit noisy. I'll do the jersey without the feathers on the side, or figure out some way to incorporate the feather design... I just dig the feather for some reason...

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." - Yogi Berra

Archived