NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

Now we move into our final division, the Central division. First up, the Detroit Pistons. Their side panels work perfectly as classic sleeve stripes, for what I think makes a great football set. Even the Motor City set's side paneling fit well on the Nike template as far as seams go.

O2Z3tGn.png

2aBnvBK.png

vo1uHiL.png

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think tv15 and Bolt957 may be psychic. As I was tweaking the pinstripes on the alt, I went ahead and made the home jersey blue, then come here to post it and there are your comments! :P

I thinned up the pinstripes a bit, only used them on the jersey and actually took the time to make them look somewhat realistic with curves and whatnot.

rr4QHiE.png

EIYmYSe.png

NPEJb9j.png

yea thats good stuff. i think their current pinstriipes would look good on a football jersey too, the way they flair out at the top. heres an unpopular opinion - i think football uniforms need some pinstripes. i think they could look great

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

For the Pistons helmet, have you tried matching the helmet stripes to the jerseys and having an area that's filled in between the 2 smaller stripes? Other than that maybe a logo change on the helmet but everything looks great. Can't wait to see the Cavs!

Next up is the Chicago Bulls. They posed an interesting challenge in trying to translate to a football uniform because of the diamonds on the shorts. By putting it on the shoulder, I think it maintains it's prominence rather than squishing it to fit on the pants. I think home and away look really nice, but then there's the black alt: the horns on the helmet was a no-brainer and I think it looks really nice when paired with the black out uni.

AI19tux.png

nk9hZ7S.png

nSVcmRW.png

What about a helmet reversal? Red helmet with horns and black horn-tips; black helmet with Bulls head on the side? Could the horns over the visor be bigger perhaps?

Any room for red pants anywhere?

Could these combinations work:

red top with black pants with black helmet with shorts' stripe on the helmet;

white top and red pants with red horned helmet;

full red monochrome, with red helmet and shorts' stripe on the helmet?

Would the Bulls' Diamond work on the back of the helmet, with the player number in it?

OR

Could the Bull's Diamond be used on the side of the red helmet to highlight the Bulls' logo inside it?

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

I know that using a red helmet decreases visibility of the Bull logo some, but something felt so..."Bulls" about using red. White felt out of place. And I didn't like how black worked for the primary helmet, one reason being that none of their uniforms use the Bull logo on black.

I did play with a few different sizes of bulls' horns on the alt helmet, but the main issue is that when you get too big, you can see the horns as much from the front, and I thought that was important.

Archived