NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

Next up from the Central division is the Cleveland Cavaliers! I think this turned out to be a pretty classic set with a hint of modernity. I took their trim striping and translated it here. I liked the way to color-blocked sleeves looked with the striping. It added some interest beyond just three lines.

l6VSkAU.png

kpQjCHV.png

0o6P66K.png

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now our penultimate team, and one of my favorites I've done in the series thus far, the Indiana Pacers. I thought their striping worked well as shoulder loops, and they way the color block the main side panel created a nice opportunity for using contrasting sleeves. I also went with an extra wide helmet stripe to mimic the wide part of the pants stripe. For whatever reason I liked the way the roundel looked on the helmet, though I had tried it on many other teams and disliked it. So for the alternate I went with an oversized "P."

uOtuZlv.png

m7ZjyXX.png

OTXKHBE.png

This thread has been a pleasure to follow, your concepts are all very well executed. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Bucks, and maybe a bonus round in store (Supersonics)?

QPR%20Sig.png

Next up from the Central division is the Cleveland Cavaliers! I think this turned out to be a pretty classic set with a hint of modernity. I took their trim striping and translated it here. I liked the way to color-blocked sleeves looked with the striping. It added some interest beyond just three lines.

l6VSkAU.png

kpQjCHV.png

0o6P66K.png

As a Cavs fan, I have been waiting FOREVER for this and it is FLAWLESS , almost PERFECT. Can you do a "Cavfanatic" alternate as well and use the blue in a jersey? thanks! Been a pleasure to follow along!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The Pacers is great. The shoulder sleeve is a nice way of translating the piping, but the pant stripe I'm not sold on but there's not a whole lot you could do. The rounded logo does look much better on the primary helmet than the P but the alt is pretty dope too. Great thread by the way sad to see it almost end.

Here we are at the end. The final team, the Milwaukee Bucks! First, a no-brainer, I put the horns on the helmet. Secondly, I thought their tapered side panels worked well as a tapered yoke, similar to what Michigan State has. Then for the away, I brought back a gorgeous throwback; complete with Bongo!

7V0xNCA.png

ooylZcA.png

g7Pmjl6.png

I want to say thanks for everyone that followed along! I had a lot of fun doing this, so no doubt I'll be doing something else in the future. Thank you for all your suggestions, they may not have all shown up in the thread but I tried almost all of them and I appreciate the feedback. Cheers!

Awesome series! For Bucks alt jerseys, could you make the numbers black? I think that would make them "pop" more.

Then it wouldn't be true to the spirit of the throwback, the Bucks didn't wear black numbers in the 1980's, and they shouldn't be anywhere near the throwback alternate.

Very nice work, and great idea using the antlers instead of the logo for the helmets. Their striping pattern also translates very well to a football uniform. The alternates, though, are my favorite of the bunch. Showing some restraint with the Irish Rainbows works well here.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived