College Baseball 2014

cajunaggie08

If you're into that old school look, that's fine and your opinion. I'm into a nice, traditional button down uniform. I don't like the cutout panels like a BP jersey. It seems in this college thread, to be acceptable you need one or more of the following 1) pullover jersey 2) stirrups 3) some retro color like cream or powder blue. For me, like I said, I like a white uniform, a gray uniform, and a school/team color alternate. I like solid color socks as I feel stirrups are like lace up hockey collars and serve no purpose in today's game. The solid socks serve the purpose of showing a team color and being a sock. With players wearing pants the way they want, you have one guy with low socks, one with high, one with high striped stirrups, etc. That looks cluttered. Again, just my .02.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with PhantomDreamer posting that picture, leave it alone.

By the way, that pullover looks nice.

There is no excuse for liking sans-a-belt pants, they kill any look along with pull overs

Aren't those stirrups? I'd rather see those then baggy jeans that look thugish and unprofessional.

:shocked:

If he's gonna troll then at least show different uniforms. Those Michigan pullovers were posted back on whatever page it was.

There is nothing wrong with PhantomDreamer posting that picture, leave it alone.

By the way, that pullover looks nice.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

I agree. The camo was a really nice idea when it first started and I can't stand it now. Especially with teams that use their team colors in the camo design which doesn't make sense at all when you think about it.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

The UCF Knights will be paying homage to their history by wearing Citronauts uniforms next Saturday, 5/10 against Presbyterian. Back when UCF was Florida Technical University, the mascot the first two years or so was the Citronaut (a loveable tribute to the school's connection to NASA and a nod to the region's citrus industry).

I'm actually surprised Nike is doing a full custom job it seems, as they wouldn't implement any of our request football uniform changes prior to the 2013 season.

What is everyone's thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP9Wo4iLT5g

7877602.jpeg

The UCF Knights will be paying homage to their history by wearing Citronauts uniforms next Saturday, 5/10 against Presbyterian. Back when UCF was Florida Technical University, the mascot the first two years or so was the Citronaut (a loveable tribute to the school's connection to NASA and a nod to the region's citrus industry).

I'm actually surprised Nike is doing a full custom job it seems, as they wouldn't implement any of our request football uniform changes prior to the 2013 season.

7877602.jpeg

We need make a petition for UCF to go back to the Citronauts. It's such a badass name, and it's not generic like Knights.

7877602.jpeg

We need make a petition for UCF to go back to the Citronauts. It's such a badass name, and it's not generic like Knights.

I would agree with you, but UCF currently has some amazing logos. They are easily my top ten in D1 athletics.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Thanks to Kent St. and Rawlings. This is excellent. Seeing this, gives me hope that baseball indeed has a future. Other than the batting helmet, this is what baseball should look like. Grow the game.

BmxmRZpCIAEOhV8.jpg

That looks awful, that jersey has everything you could possibly have on a baseball uniform. Pinstripes, racing stripes, piping, a wordmark the same color as the jersey, with a blue tail, pull over. Nothing about it is good

Thanks to Kent St. and Rawlings. This is excellent. Seeing this, gives me hope that baseball indeed has a future. Other than the batting helmet, this is what baseball should look like. Grow the game.

BmxmRZpCIAEOhV8.jpg

When will you be banned again for senseless flooding of pullovers?? Lol it's kinda weird that you like the pullover but don't like the white front panel cap, which is kinda from the same era? There is a reason why MLB/Majestic went away from the pullover look. There aren't benefits from wearing these either. So why you say 'grow' the game... the game has already been there.

The pullover here isn't the issue, it's not bad. It's the white word mark on a white jersey, it's horrid.

Why should he be banned for having a bit of a bizarre obsession with pullovers? Dear lord people, you are all overreacting.

Anyone see FIUs uniforms yesterday on ESPN? Boy do they have some weird get-ups, but I'm not exactly sure if it was a one time thing or if they wear it often.

Why should he be banned for having a bit of a bizarre obsession with pullovers? Dear lord people, you are all overreacting.

Anyone see FIUs uniforms yesterday on ESPN? Boy do they have some weird get-ups, but I'm not exactly sure if it was a one time thing or if they wear it often.

Its not overreacting, it's called trolling and it's frowned upon in these parts. He's already been suspended for it once and obviously didn't learn his lesson.

On a uniform note, watched the A&M/LSU game today and the Aggies were wearing the 'Tequlia-Sunrise' template at home and LSU was wearing a yellow top with white pants on the road.

I must say, both teams wearing white pants looks weird and may I say "little league". I'd keep the yellow jersey for the home games and wear gray/purple on the road.

I'd assume they wore yellow/white due to the hot weather in college station. But there really isn't that big of a difference between white / gray IMHO.

Its not overreacting, it's called trolling and it's frowned upon in these parts. He's already been suspended for it once and obviously didn't learn his lesson.

On a uniform note, watched the A&M/LSU game today and the Aggies were wearing the 'Tequlia-Sunrise' template at home and LSU was wearing a yellow top with white pants on the road.

I must say, both teams wearing white pants looks weird and may I say "little league". I'd keep the yellow jersey for the home games and wear gray/purple on the road.

I'd assume they wore yellow/white due to the hot weather in college station. But there really isn't that big of a difference between white / gray IMHO.

I do not consider somebody posting frequently about a certain type of baseball uniform on a sports uniform forum "trolling".

I do not consider somebody posting frequently about a certain type of baseball uniform on a sports uniform forum "trolling".
"Grow the game!" The ultimate whatever, blame majestic for how players want to wear their uniforms and post a picture of Jacque Jones to "prove" that. "Oh Phantom, why do you like the pullovers so much?" "Grow the game! *posts another picture of a random pullover that was hideous from the eighties..." He is a troll. Just look at his page on baseball fever...

A lot of college teams are actually going with a colored top and white pants on the road these days. Miami does it, and I know of a few others too.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The yellow jerseys have nothing to do with College Station. The weather there is pretty much the same as it is in Baton Rouge. LSU's been wearing yellow tops (home or away) on Sunday ever since making a run to the national championship several years ago wearing yellow for much of that run. It's seen as a good luck charm now by the team.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived