College Baseball 2014

cajunaggie08

Why should he be banned for having a bit of a bizarre obsession with pullovers? Dear lord people, you are all overreacting.

Anyone see FIUs uniforms yesterday on ESPN? Boy do they have some weird get-ups, but I'm not exactly sure if it was a one time thing or if they wear it often.

Its not overreacting, it's called trolling and it's frowned upon in these parts. He's already been suspended for it once and obviously didn't learn his lesson.

On a uniform note, watched the A&M/LSU game today and the Aggies were wearing the 'Tequlia-Sunrise' template at home and LSU was wearing a yellow top with white pants on the road.

I must say, both teams wearing white pants looks weird and may I say "little league". I'd keep the yellow jersey for the home games and wear gray/purple on the road.

I'd assume they wore yellow/white due to the hot weather in college station. But there really isn't that big of a difference between white / gray IMHO.

Why should he be banned for having a bit of a bizarre obsession with pullovers? Dear lord people, you are all overreacting.

Anyone see FIUs uniforms yesterday on ESPN? Boy do they have some weird get-ups, but I'm not exactly sure if it was a one time thing or if they wear it often.

Its not overreacting, it's called trolling and it's frowned upon in these parts. He's already been suspended for it once and obviously didn't learn his lesson.

On a uniform note, watched the A&M/LSU game today and the Aggies were wearing the 'Tequlia-Sunrise' template at home and LSU was wearing a yellow top with white pants on the road.

I must say, both teams wearing white pants looks weird and may I say "little league". I'd keep the yellow jersey for the home games and wear gray/purple on the road.

I'd assume they wore yellow/white due to the hot weather in college station. But there really isn't that big of a difference between white / gray IMHO.

The yellow jerseys have nothing to do with College Station. The weather there is pretty much the same as it is in Baton Rouge. LSU's been wearing yellow tops (home or away) on Sunday ever since making a run to the national championship several years ago wearing yellow for much of that run. It's seen as a good luck charm now by the team.

I did mention that the weather was hot in College Station.. Just assumed thats why they wore Yellow over White on the road. I was just saying how weird it looks when both teams where white pants.. One should wear gray and the other white.. I must say those yellow jerseys would look horrid with gray pants IMHO.

Just a statement that when both teams wear white it looks 'little league'.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kent St. uniforms got me a follow from a national baseball writer. Obviously, there's a segment of the population that "gets it".

Oh wow that's cool, want a cookie??

The Kent St. uniforms got me a follow from a national baseball writer. Obviously, there's a segment of the population that "gets it".

Cool story, I once got a picture with Andruw Jones, I was six and was wearing a kids jersey and I'm sure the only reason he took the picture with me was because he wanted the braves to wear the designed for kids jersey as a team...

I did mention that the weather was hot in College Station.. Just assumed thats why they wore Yellow over White on the road. I was just saying how weird it looks when both teams where white pants.. One should wear gray and the other white.. I must say those yellow jerseys would look horrid with gray pants IMHO.

Just a statement that when both teams wear white it looks 'little league'.

Based on teams that come through Knoxville, it's very common for road teams to wear wear a colored jersey with white pants in college baseball and college softball. Most teams do use three sets and they rarely do laundry on the road. You can't just throw team uniforms into the hotel guest laundry and laundromats don't always have the extra tools needed to remove baseball/softball grass and dirt stains.

In SEC softball, the road team actually wears their home white uniform in the middle game of the series, a rule that dates back to a time when the teams weren't as well-funded as their are now and didn't have more than two sets of uniforms.

In SEC baseball, the home team lets the road team know what they are wearing for each game of the series and the road team has to wear a jersey that contrasts, no rule on the pants.

All I was expressing was my opinion on the matter that when both teams wear white it looks 'little league'. Lol I already understood the reasoning behind it. :)

I don't mind the white pant/colored jersey for college and HS but would rather grey/colored be used. I'd be more upset if an MLB team wore white/colored on the road. They have the resources/rules to have white and grey sets for home and road. And to be able to wash them too.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

I don't mind the white pant/colored jersey for college and HS but would rather grey/colored be used. I'd be more upset if an MLB team wore white/colored on the road. They have the resources/rules to have white and grey sets for home and road. And to be able to wash them too.

I agree with this. Although like many others, I prefer when teams stick to gray/dark alternates on the road. If they absolutely must wear white pants, that's where the dark alt jersey comes in. In fact many MLB teams did it in the 70s, the Padres' brown "Taco Bell" jersey being one famous example.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Adidas-made Mother's Day unis for Mississippi State-

BnIO3GFCEAAKzW5.jpg

They're hideous, but I guess I'm okay with them if they're worn on Mother's Day only and never worn again.

And of course it has to be in either the 80's White Sox template or the tequila sunrise template. God, Adidas is bad.

Adidas-made Mother's Day unis for Mississippi State-

BnIO3GFCEAAKzW5.jpg

They're hideous, but I guess I'm okay with them if they're worn on Mother's Day only and never worn again.

Why are all things female associated with pink? Is it the only feminine color that marketers can associate with women? Or does this have the inevitable bca tie in which inevitably we will never again be able to celebrate mom without the bc component. I know mlb started it but this sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Adidas has crossed the line.

EFC4692D-F569-47EB-A54E-038762A9ED85.jpg

There was also a vine that showed the back of an anthracite jersey that I can only presume has the same design on the front.

With the pinstripe, cream, and 80's uniforms, Mississippi State has some of the best uniforms in College Baseball. Why do they continue to let Adidias give them this crap?

There was also a vine that showed the back of an anthracite jersey that I can only presume has the same design on the front.

With the pinstripe, cream, and 80's uniforms, Mississippi State has some of the best uniforms in College Baseball. Why do they continue to let Adidias give them this crap?

Well at least this is something unique. Does college baseball require team/school names on front of jerseys? It's almost a turn ahead the clock jersey but grounded with the school's motto.

Well at least this is something unique. Does college baseball require team/school names on front of jerseys? It's almost a turn ahead the clock jersey but grounded with the school's motto.

I really want to reserve my thoughts until I see it on the field, but I just can't. These are pretty bad...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

these Mississippi St Unis look like a t shirt you'd buy at a gas station in Starkville (and I like Starkville, except that I couldn't buy cold beer in the city limits.) I guess all the adidas schools will be wearing a version of these? Can't wait to see the Rock Chalk KU ones

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived