College Baseball 2014

cajunaggie08

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest question: I read somewhere that the reason college baseball programs have different Friday, Saturday and Sunday uniforms is because it's hard for equipment managers to get them all washed, dried and pressed from game to game, especially on the weekends.

Pressed? Haha, I have never had a uniform pressed.

Hey!!! My mom used to press my Little League jersey... :welcome:

Do college teams even have uniforms designated for home and away anymore? I've been working on baseball content for my site, and I learned that the starting pitcher chooses the combo for every game, at least for Auburn that is. And through the little research I did with pictures from last year, it seems like every uniform aspect was worn both at home and away. Possibly one jersey only staying at home, but it seemed like the uniforms are extremely versatile now and no longer are designated for specifically home or away.

I have never seen FSU wear grey in Tallahassee for a regular season game, and I've been attending home games for more than 25 years.

Great to see those striped socks/stirrups going somewhere. I understand personal preferences as far as comfort goes, but pajama pants just look plain sloppy.

And to answer the question previously posed, the concept of a home and road uniform is definitely disappearing in the college ranks, especially for smaller schools as walkerws pointed out. My school, for example, typically wears white one day per home series and gray one day per road series (then the colored alternates are mixed in), but the grays have appeared at home a few times throughout the years. It's a real headache for believers in more traditional aesthetics such as myself, but logistically it makes sense.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I've always loved the Astros and White Sox designs, and was enjoying the resurrection of them, but adidas has completely over killed it now. Most, if not every single one of adidas's teams are wearing pretty much the exact same design. It literally looks like someone from a site similar to this made every team they want being the same thing but in different colors. Adidas took it a step further and actually made the uniforms and put them on the field...

Get a grip adidas.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Vented caps for Oregon? Really? Add "venting" to the list of ridiculous and unnecessary fads. Players were just fine without them for the first century and a half of baseball, why the sudden need? The main issue with the venting, to me, is the design discontinuity that it presents. Pinstripes (when present elsewhere) are left off the vent panels, and some teams even make the vents a contrasting color against the fabric around it. Please stop.

the pinstripes are no the vented part, so i don't know what your problem is, it's no different than a "trucker hat" really, but better looking.

That's exactly what I'm saying--there are no pinstripes on vents of uniforms/caps. Look more closely at the pinstriped Oregon cap and you'll see it. The same problem also exists for the Yankees and Cubs home unis and it's an eyesore.

No such problem exists for the Yankees. They don't wear COOLBASE, hence no vents. That's the reason they stuck with doubleknits.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It's bad enough Milwaukee has to play at the sh~ttiest ballpark in D1, but apparently we always have to have the most terrible uniforms. This was literally the best picture from the website.

1959581_10101733144526538_1253525009_n.j

Yes, our school colors are still black and gold... I think.

Louisville wore a couple of uniform combos in their first 3 games.

Louisville vs WVU

9704963.jpeg

Louisville vs Citadel

9708910.jpeg

Louisville vs Delaware:

9712835.jpeg

My favorite combo is the white with pinstripes but if they want to make it better, I would swap the color of the lettering to red to make it pop more. Also there needs to be more consistently within the set in general.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Louisville vs WVU

9704963.jpeg

Louisville vs Citadel

9708910.jpeg

Louisville vs Delaware:

9712835.jpeg

My favorite combo is the white with pinstripes but if they want to make it better, I would swap the color of the lettering to red to make it pop more. Also there needs to be more consistently within the set in general.

Why'd they play against 3 different teams?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Louisville vs WVU

9704963.jpeg

Louisville vs Citadel

9708910.jpeg

Louisville vs Delaware:

9712835.jpeg

Louisville vs WVU

9704963.jpeg

Louisville vs Citadel

9708910.jpeg

Louisville vs Delaware:

9712835.jpeg

Lot of teams host a round robin tournament to start the season.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived