– U P D A T E D – San Antonio Spurs Logo Concept

Go Red Sox!

Finally here is my logo concept for the San Antonio Spurs (primary, secondary, tertiary logo and wordmark logos). I like their current one but I think they should modernize it – at least a little. So, that's how I would have done it...

Spursprimarylogo_zps0bd0a3a2.jpg

Primary logo

Spurssecondarylogo_zpsffd05e4a.jpg

Secondary logo

Spursinitiallogo_zps7ea85bf7.jpg

Tertiary logo

Spurswordmarklogo_zps3f6e2d06.jpg

Primary wordmark logo

Spurswordmarklogo2_zpsb186f2a4.jpg

Secondary wordmark logo

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I saw your logo before you took the link down, and it was really cool. Now to put the picture into the forum, click on the picture so it is the biggest image on the screen, on the right of the image, there will be links to share this photo. Click on the one labeled direct, and it will be copied. Then, go to your post, click the edit button on the bottom, and you will see several options, find the image button (Below and slightly to the left of the emoticon button) Click on it and paste the image URL into the box. Hit post and you should have the image!

I saw your logo before you took the link down, and it was really cool. Now to put the picture into the forum, click on the picture so it is the biggest image on the screen, on the right of the image, there will be links to share this photo. Click on the one labeled direct, and it will be copied. Then, go to your post, click the edit button on the bottom, and you will see several options, find the image button (Below and slightly to the left of the emoticon button) Click on it and paste the image URL into the box. Hit post and you should have the image!

Thanks a lot for your help. I already used Photo Bucket yesterday but I did something wrong when using the Direct link on CCSL.net. Don't know what it exactly was...

Come to the concepts forum, they said. There will be concepts, they said.

LOL

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

If the end of the spur/star was on actual location of San Antonio, it would be perfect!

Thanks. I've already tried that out, but the shape of the state of Texas in combination with the script, the position of the spur and the location of San Antonio on the map won't match in a way that it eventually looks decently in terms of proportions. I could never place the spur in the actual location of San Antonio without the "Spurs" script looking completely misplaced. But the idea is a very good one – just impossible to put into practice. At least with this concept.

Looking good. I like the idea to sharpen the spur :lol:. As said, lot sharper, great silver and outline of texas. Well done fixes on the logo. Neccesary tweaks. The secondary wordmark is eye cathing as well.

9/10 great job man. Modernized perfectly. Hope you are doing uniforms and court concepts too!! Please? ?

Thank you! Court and uniform concepts will follow within the next couple of weeks...

This is an excellent example of giving a fresh look to a team without deviating much from the aesthetic they have used for decades with little change. Kudos. I do hope to see some uniforms, as well.

rATMcmK.png

Archived