Hand-drawn Indianapolis MLB Concept

apate93

Hey, everyone. I've been a member for a while now but have never tried my hand at posting anything. Recently I got an idea to do a concept for an MLB expansion team in Indianapolis (unrealistic maybe, but hey, seemed like a fun idea). I decided to try and do this by hand and see how it went. So, I present, the Indianapolis Thunderbirds.

The team name and home uniform is inspired by my old high school, while the colors of red and black are inspired by the city's current AAA team. Indianapolis is a pretty traditional city, and this plays a pretty big role in its sports team's identities. The home jersey is white with red piping and trim, with black letters also trimmed in red, inspired by my alma mater's old unis. The away grey is

pretty plain, with black piping and red lettering. The black alternate uses white letters with red trim.

image_zps0db9e86c.jpg

Also, I was inspired by TheGiantsFan to try and design a stadium.

image_zps283b7010.jpg

Please excuse by art skills and keep in mind these are still pretty early and unpolished designs. Just wanted to get some feedback and see what everyone thinks.

The "I" logo is pretty cool with the little bolt coming down from the bottom. The red looks more orange to me, though. I like your idea for the stadium design! It'd be perfect if there's a great view of downtown Indianapolis past left field. Great job!

(And I feel kinda proud to have inspired people to make similar drawings to mine. Haha...)

The "I" logo is pretty cool with the little bolt coming down from the bottom. The red looks more orange to me, though. I like your idea for the stadium design! It'd be perfect if there's a great view of downtown Indianapolis past left field. Great job!

(And I feel kinda proud to have inspired people to make similar drawings to mine. Haha...)

Thanks! Yeah, looking at it now I see the lighting wasn't the best and it distorted the color a little bit. I'll pay attention to that more in the future.

Archived