Brooklyn Nets... updated throwback

EvanBirchfield

Okay so I saw the Brooklyn Nets uniforms that are supposed to be a nod to the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball uniforms and they look awful to me personally. They sort of remind me of ref jerseys but I don't know. Anyways I got bored and made what I think would look cool. Basically kept the Nets jersey style and added blue. They are simple but I love them compared to the sleeved ones that came out. By the way whoever decided to put sleeves on a basketball jersey should be in the unemployment line...awful just awful.

broookyln.png

Okay so I saw the Brooklyn Nets uniforms that are supposed to be a nod to the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball uniforms and they look awful to me personally. They sort of remind me of ref jerseys but I don't know. Anyways I got bored and made what I think would look cool. Basically kept the Nets jersey style and added blue. They are simple but I love them compared to the sleeved ones that came out. By the way whoever decided to put sleeves on a basketball jersey should be in the unemployment line...awful just awful.

broookyln.png

The referees uniform comparison hits the nail on the head! I don't like this color neither. P.S.: Your design is fresh and clean. I like it!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

You're right, they don't look like the dodgers, and they are a little boring. And I think you made a better version, looks nice and retro, a good uniform they should have considered. Another example of a uniform made great by simplicity. Good job, Evan.

The sleeved jersey has been used before, Evan. But if it was in the NBA, I can't remember. I know I've seen pics of college and high school teams with sleeved jerseys from the 40'-50's.

Edit: over at Uni Watch, there's an article titled "Something Up Their Sleeves" from last Feb. There are pics from the pre-NBA days of the Celtics and the....wait for it....Sheboygan Red Skins. That should tell you how long it's been, not including college teams.

I'm seriously happy ya'll like them. I'm doing all mine on regular ole paint till I get the hang of some other programs so thank you! I did the red because a few of you mentioned it and I think it looks better so thank you for suggesting it. By the way if any of you who are good at photoshop and what not feel free to take the idea and run with it.

broookyln1.png

I feel like that's almost an LA Dodger homage uniform. The Brooklyn Dodgers never wore red on their uniform. I understand its an homage to old nets team, but I would leave it all blue myself.

They actually did have red on their uniform:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=nl_1952_brooklyn.gif&Entryid=826

On the back of the uniform, I'm pretty sure the number was blue, though.

Archived