Dallas Mavericks Concept (logo/unis) -- UPDATED

Western Michigan

Since I'm not a huge fan of the Mavericks' current look, and prefer their old green and blue look, I've decided to (sort of) combine the two, while also adding my own spin to it.

Fair warning: I've only got MS Word and MS Paint to work with, so I apologize for the rather crude graphics.

Primary Logo: DallyMavsfulllogo.png

Alternate logo: DallyMavsgreen.png

As you can see, I remade the Mavs' inaugural logo with a more modern M. (The shadowing is really only there to make the white outline visible)

Home uniform: DallyMavswhiteuni.png

Road uniform: DallyMavsblueuni.png

Alternate uniform: DallyMavsgreenuni.png

I used the Mavs' current uniform piping, with the same colors and (not exactly but just about) the same number font from the Mavs' inaugural unis, while putting my own spin on the wordmark.

Let me know what you think.

dbacksbannersigs.png

I honestly like the current horsehead alternate logo as their pirmary, but with a green basketball. The unfiorms I like, but like others have said I'm not wild about the wordmark.

The-Dallas-Mavericks-Brilliant-And-Creat

Agreed

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! Glad some of you like my idea.

Made a few tweaks (only on the homes, but will change the rest of the sets to match the one that looks best) that might be more favorable. I went away from the italicized wordmark (I thought they used to have italics in their arched wordmark but was mistaken upon further review). Switched out the retro numbers for their current font.

Option A: DallyMavsC.png

My original with a tweaked wordmark and new numbers.

Option B: DallyMavsB.png

Tried going with "Mavericks" on the front. I feel like the lettering is too small to make this work, and I don't know how to make it taller (Hashtag Microsoft Word Problems).

Option C: DallyMavsA.png

Went with "Mavs" on the front, since "Mavericks" didn't come out too well.

Let me know what you guys think of the update!

dbacksbannersigs.png

The idea is great, but I would choose a different hue of green. This one looks too much like pea-green, while I remember the Mavs green to be more blue-ish green. As for the lettering, stick with Mavericks on the home shirt. Just make the blue upper body part slightly smaller and you have a clean look. I would prefer the same colour in piping with the shirt and shorts: right now you have picked green for the shirt and blue for the shorts. Pick blue for both, in my opinion. Also, adding a nice Texas star in blue and/or green on the back above the players name and on the front waistband of the shorts would not hurt this design.

The idea is great, but I would choose a different hue of green. This one looks too much like pea-green, while I remember the Mavs green to be more blue-ish green. As for the lettering, stick with Mavericks on the home shirt. Just make the blue upper body part slightly smaller and you have a clean look. I would prefer the same colour in piping with the shirt and shorts: right now you have picked green for the shirt and blue for the shorts. Pick blue for both, in my opinion. Also, adding a nice Texas star in blue and/or green on the back above the players name and on the front waistband of the shorts would not hurt this design.

The original Mavs green was a true kelly green

RoyTarpleyMavericks.jpg

The idea is great, but I would choose a different hue of green. This one looks too much like pea-green, while I remember the Mavs green to be more blue-ish green.

RoyTarpleyMavericks.jpg

Literally grabbed the colors from the original Mavs logo with the eyedropper tool.

dbacksbannersigs.png

The idea is great, but I would choose a different hue of green. This one looks too much like pea-green, while I remember the Mavs green to be more blue-ish green.

RoyTarpleyMavericks.jpg

Literally grabbed the colors from the original Mavs logo with the eyedropper tool.

Oh I think your colors are spot on, I was more responding to ingmar66 who thought maybe it should be more blue/green.

Archived