Logos That Need Redesigning

qwerty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Islander logo would look better without the blob in the middle that is Long Island imo

I don't know. I rather like the full logo, but this is a great mark:

Islanders-NY-Logo.jpg

Strip away all the silly chrome :censored:, and it will look great on the front of a blue sweater.

And add a little more orange

jmac11281 Was that an intentional shot at the Islanders cup drought, or do you legitimately want more orange, for example, as trim? ;)

Oh no shot at all! Come on, I'm a Flyers fan. I have no room to talk! But it definitely needs some more orange. Trim would be a good start. The Islanders are a blue and orange team.

• 2 weeks later...

That Islander logo would look better without the blob in the middle that is Long Island imo

I don't know. I rather like the full logo, but this is a great mark:

Islanders-NY-Logo.jpg

Strip away all the silly chrome :censored:, and it will look great on the front of a blue sweater.

And add a little more orange

Actually, the best that logo looked was on the orange practice jerseys, where it received a blue outline. It would be perfect for an orange third jersey, or perhaps needs an orange outline on that logo for it to really pop.

012914_isles.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Redesigned:

f1wggq2k8ql88fe33jzhw641u.gif

this is one of the most poorly drawn logos in pro sports. id be absolutely embarrassed to wear it. but the concept is strong enough that it just needs to be refined.

15988562013.gif

a lot of details need to be refined with this one. the 2 tone gold, the spots, the line work, and probably the shape of the skull.

857.gif

This is fine for the vintage "never change anything" look they have, but i would like to see some simplifying of the mark and a better monogram.

907.gif

theres about 2 too many strokes on this thing and the color palette could not be more boring. they play in a poorly lit dome, the whole identity seems so drab and lifeless. just going back tot heir original gold and working in more white into the uniforms would make a huge difference.

v7tehkwthrwefgounvi7znf5k.gif

too many ideas in one spot. it needs to be simplified. i don't think another NY monogram is the best answer, and this is another team with so much potential for a sweet logo. i would love to work with a team named the JETS.

g9mgk6x3ge26t44cccm9oq1vl.gif

i think you just keep the same concept and draw it better with thicker lines and a bit thinner font.

Replaced:

318.gif

i think there is a lot of imagery you can pull from Maryland to make a much better mark. i would love to see the colors refined as well. mostly, the yellow/athletic gold replace with vegas or old gold.

15041052013.gif

love the colors but i dont think theres anything else worth saving. a new idea is needed.

17227042013.gif

there's so much possibility for a cool logo with a team named the Vikings, this is a cheap and poorly executed idea. the line work is still too thin and the helmet and hair being the same color has always bothered me.

im5xz2q9bjbg44xep08bf5czq.gif

there's not much worth keeping about this logo. everything is poorly drawn. the circle and feathers is a nice idea but it all needs some work.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Redesigned:

50.gif

a really cool concept but again its one that needs to be redrawn. and drop the black line

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

i only keep this one in the redesigned category because i love roundels and i think thats a fine place to start. the colors are good but not great. theres not a really good harmony there. and it features a stick and a puck. i hate sporting equipment in logos and this one has 2 items along with that odd island shape. horrible type treatment. way too many ideas in one area

8lqmtthh0w2wgumr6goswqmki.gif

i like the idea of a howling coyote but it could be drawn better. it could also use another color to put some life into the identity. it's drab right now. putting a little turquoise or orange in it would be my suggestion.

Replaced:

173616512014.gif

the idea is not appealing and neither is the execution. keeping the colors would be fine but otherwise just start over. really, does anyone want to wear a duck foot on the front of a t shirt? how lame

fotih31tn5r345nufo5xxayh3.gif

i don't feel i really need to say anything here. just start over

71jepx81eqzz1l6q9g1g5j1lh.gif

too much potential to have something so lame. it looks alright on a jersey but they can do better

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

self explanatory. start over

174.gif

grown ass men wearing a skating penguin on their jerseys. no way. the triangle is a good place to start but replace this gold with athletic gold and come up with something not childish.

dmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif

the thin lines and colors scream "cheap". of all the shark logos ive ever seen in my life, this is one of the worst.

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

self explanatory. start over

GRAPHIC ARTIST

for the NBA there are 9 logos i'd like to make changes to and the 10 below i would like to replace with something new

slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif

this is clip art by todays standards and is hard to reproduce. its an ugly, complex, unimaginative logo. aesthetically, it's the opposite of what their uniforms are

qlpk0etqwelv8artgc7tvqefu.gif

i see things like this and just think "thats all you could come up with?" its like they're not even trying. it's Philadelphia! the American Revolution! stars and stripes and explosions! wheres the imagination? the pride? anything interesting at all?

khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

speaking of imagination, the name Thunder brings up lots of good stuff. a roaring crowd. a stampeding herd. a thunderstorm on the Oklahoma plains. please just TRY to be interesting.

hsuff5m3dgiv20kovde422r1f.gif

i love the idea of going all black and white and minimal but this logo is not only unattractive but dosent even correctly capture the design they were trying to reflect with it. thin, dainty lines don't help.

ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

way too much going on here. there are lines and shapes being squeezed and pulled all over the place. it feels uncomfortable and tense. i would like to see the blue more emphasized as well.

3079.gif

same flaws as OKC and Philly. Detroit has so much to pull from with the auto industry. i'd love to see a muscle car approach to this identity. the older one in these colors was on the right track.

bvv028jd1hhr8ee8ii7a0fg4i.gif

i'm not sure if its intentional that it looks like a cross between the Lakers and Dodgers, but this logo does not set them apart from anyone. it's a minor league logo at best.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

horrible line work and type. plus, it's a name-over-basketball concept. let's start over and give them the logo they deserve.

b3619brnphtx65s2th4p9eggf.gif

self explanatory right? surely no one likes this logo.

yfypcwqog6qx8658sn5w65huh.gif

cant take this logo seriously. i hate it. very detailed, bad type, bad colors, bad line work. just, no

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived