JohnnyRfl's Hockey Concepts

johnrafael

EDIT: I made a new concept, for Team Canada, go through the topic to find it. I don't believe this could turn into a series, because I'm in a shortage of time, but I'll maybe keep this topic to further concepts, avoiding flood.

So, I found the Olympic Swift template in a PDF from Nike, and decided to give it a try. Brazil is not a major favorite in much sports otherwise soccer and volley. We have a really good team in female handball, a decent basketball team and underdog teams in Baseball and Rugby. Football is growing, but our Jaguars still are inexperient.

Ice hockey is still a dream. We don't have an official IIHF ice rink (lack of interest and investment from the stupid government), and most of the players play inline hockey. But dream is free, then I made this.

jll81Ju.png

8ARFX84.png

h5YtUBk.png

I'm still open to minor edits on it, so feel free to suggest. Used the Southern cross because I think this is a under-used symbol. I'd like to see it more in national teams.

I think this would good on the ice. I like the shoulder caps. Good idea. Another good simple design. The logo is escpiecially good, you didn't fool with anything just went with a nice symbol that made sense on the design. Drop the soullouette on the shoulders and you're great.

This should be Austraila not Brazil all of this is not even close to what Brazil would have. The colors and even the star constellation are exactly what Austrailia would have, and its a blueish green. Given the constellation that is on the jersey is also in the flag, but its small and on austrailia's flag it is much bigger also the small star in the middle should be more to the left. So, its a good jersey, but poorly thought out and executed. DOWN VOTE

This should be Austraila not Brazil all of this is not even close to what Brazil would have.

Brazil don't have a national hockey team. I created this from scratch. Not because Brazil has a soccer team better than the others that all uniforms must be copy of soccer.

The colors and even the star constellation are exactly what Austrailia would have, and its a blueish green.

Australia uses Gold/Green for home uniforms and navy/gold to away uniforms. The Greenish Blue (This is more blue than green, then this is blue.) is based on 2011 Football away jersey, but darker.

405504_300_Nike_Brazil_Away_Jersey_2011-

Given the constellation that is on the jersey is also in the flag, but its small and on austrailia's flag it is much bigger also the small star in the middle should be more to the left.

The Southern Cross of 5-point stars is a native symbol of Brazil, featured in national Coat of Arms. The size does not matter because representation is not only the flag. The position is also irrelevant because it is a design creation, not an astronomical map. In its series of alternate jerseys, Nike made a jersey with 5 stars aligned as a cross.

camisa-brasil.jpg,

So, its a good jersey, but poorly thought out and executed. DOWN VOTE

It is not poorly thought, this is more thought than you can imagine and know about brazilian culture and symbols. I'm Brazilian, I know my country, I know what I'm doing.

I agree it looks a lot like Australia, from the blue with the green tinge, to the use of the southern cross.

I would lighten the blue to a more royal type color, make the yellow jersey the primary use the green on the white jersey and make the pants and helmet green.

I'm not disputing your knowledge of your culture but it looks a lot like Australia

Some peoples ignorance to the Southern Cross is just embarrassing. It is on Brasil's Flag, Australia's. New Zealand's, New Guinea and a few more Territories/Islands in Oceania. Even some Provinces in Argentina have it too.

As for the blue being a blue green, I definitely saw what you did. It is blue, and Blue and Green is very traditional for Brasil. Australia uses a Golden Yellow, where Brasil uses a sometimes florescent Lemon Yellow. Australia's blue is also Navy. Not seeing the connection to the critisism in that regard. How many countries use Red White and Blue? Oh that's right, too many to count. BTW Australia's National Hockey team uses gold main with green striping, so this is fine.

As much as I hate this template, its a realistic concept. Australia will keep its Kangaroo as the main logo, Brasil can keep the Southern Cross. Only problem I have is Brasil's Southern Cross is usually mirrored - the small star is on the left.

Some peoples ignorance to the Southern Cross is just embarrassing. It is on Brasil's Flag, Australia's. New Zealand's, New Guinea and a few more Territories/Islands in Oceania. Even some Provinces in Argentina have it too.

As for the blue being a blue green, I definitely saw what you did. It is blue, and Blue and Green is very traditional for Brasil. Australia uses a Golden Yellow, where Brasil uses a sometimes florescent Lemon Yellow. Australia's blue is also Navy. Not seeing the connection to the critisism in that regard. How many countries use Red White and Blue? Oh that's right, too many to count. BTW Australia's National Hockey team uses gold main with green striping, so this is fine.

As much as I hate this template, its a realistic concept. Australia will keep its Kangaroo as the main logo, Brasil can keep the Southern Cross. Only problem I have is Brasil's Southern Cross is usually mirrored - the small star is on the left.

look at Australia's Olympic uniforms/most of the national teams uniforms. the blue used here is very similar to the Australian green

I like the uniforms a lot, but i prefer the brighter blue that you don't like. The Southern Cross as a symbol is excellent as a secondary logo, for the primary logo I would choose a ferocious looking version of your beautiful national bird: the sabia laranjeira or Rufous bellied thrush with its distinctive blue head and orange belly.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived