CFL 2020: A League-Wide Rebrand (16/16 ATLANTIC AND WINDSOR POSTED)

Edubdesign

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few more comments-

-The Hibernians have a nice use of colour for a unique look in the league.

-Moncton isn't bad, but maybe add more gold --there are already two teams using red & black--but hopefully the Stamps tone down the black--leave red & black to Ottawa, then if Moncton uses more gold they would stand out more.

-Argos--the Retros are a bit jarring colour-wise, and I'm not feeling the way you've used the blues together--maybe a change in striping. I'd like to see the old football boat on a retro or alt uni.

-TiCats I like except I'd leave the full tiger on the helmets, that style of logo fits a football helmet better.

-Lions--(As to the update--I already commented on the uni itself) I love the paw logo--since this is 2020 why can't they use the paw as the primary logo by then, after all you changed the TiCats helmet logo. It would be great to see the paw logo--if not on the primary helmets, at least on the retro and maybe the alt.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

More teams today; the Toronto Argonauts, and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

0vRQAqu.pngpZgVEoV.png

And, as an added bonus, here's the update for the BC Lions. Got rid of the stripes on the base layer, cleaned up the numbers, and added some more assorted tweak.

vQuFKr9.png

Digging everything so far, Eric. The BC update really didn't change anything for me, still looks good. My only problem with any of this is the template because I played in the old 3/4 sleeves as a kid and hated them. I don't think I could stress the word hate enough here. But this is where football is heading so I will just have to accept it. This is not putting down the fine work you've done....fine work indeed.

OK kids, gather 'round. It's bulk reply time.

Really like all of them.

The only change I would have is changing Moncton's name. I feel the name should be in English as well and do like what the RedBlacks are doing, having one name in English and one in French.

No need to, I mean, Faucons is Falcons in english. On a wordmark, he could make a fun U becoming an L, see.

I know Faucons is Falcons. I was just saying how the RedBlacks use

3484_ottawa__redblacks-wordmark-2014.png

and they also use

8575_ottawa__redblacks-wordmark-2014.png

Since New Brunswick is the only official bilingual province, I feel a team in Moncton could pull it off as well.

I figured that Faucons and Falcons are so similar, that they could be both "Les Faucons de Moncton" and "The Moncton Faucons," same way the Montreal Alouettes aren't called the Montreal Larks in English.

I wasn't planning on doing wordmarks, but I may do one later.

St. John's has the best use of color so far in this series. They all stand out on their own but work in tandem even better. Very nice. Do the Falcons have an actual logo or is the wing it?

Thank you Lee. For now, the wing is the primary logo, because I haven't come up with a good logo to go along with it. Hopefully, I'll get one designed later.

The Tiger-Cats alternate looks like the Michigan alternates. That's not a bad thing. Love these!

That was exactly what I was going for. Glad to see you like it!

Both Ontario teams look great, especially that T.O. widestripe heritage uni.

Very nice.

Excellent. Thank you, Sparky. I knew that Argo heritage uni was a hit-or-miss proposition, but I'm glad to see it's a relative hit.

A few more comments-

-The Hibernians have a nice use of colour for a unique look in the league.

-Moncton isn't bad, but maybe add more gold --there are already two teams using red & black--but hopefully the Stamps tone down the black--leave red & black to Ottawa, then if Moncton uses more gold they would stand out more.

-Argos--the Retros are a bit jarring colour-wise, and I'm not feeling the way you've used the blues together--maybe a change in striping. I'd like to see the old football boat on a retro or alt uni.

-TiCats I like except I'd leave the full tiger on the helmets, that style of logo fits a football helmet better.

-Lions--(As to the update--I already commented on the uni itself) I love the paw logo--since this is 2020 why can't they use the paw as the primary logo by then, after all you changed the TiCats helmet logo. It would be great to see the paw logo--if not on the primary helmets, at least on the retro and maybe the alt.

Thanks for the compliments for the Hibernians.

- For Moncton, I will be throwing in more gold in an later update. The Stamps will feature little to no black (silver will be there instead) and the Ottawa team (no longer the REDBLACKS, either) is black more than red, so I figured Moncton would work in its current state. I'll see what it looks like with more gold, though. Thanks for the tip.

- The retros are a little bit jarring, but that's exactly what I was going for: something bold. I like the old boat, too; it'll show up later in an update.

- For the Ti-Cats' helmet, I never liked the full body Tiger there, and I like the head there more, so I'm going to keep it that way.

- For the Lions, the helmet looks better to me with the lions' head on it than the paw, since the paw is already all over the uni. It probably could be on an alt, but I'm alright with that set the way it is now.

I'm assuming the nickname Hiberians for the St.John's franchise is refering to the Hibernia OIl Fields off the coast of Newfoundland? Why not call them the OIlers?

Hibernians refers to the oil fields, and Newfoundlands' British Isles heritage. That's why there's Scotland's navy blue, and Ireland's green and orange in the colours.

And, of course, some other team in Canada uses the Oilers as a name, so that doesn't really work.

Thanks for the tips, though.

New stuff will be posted tomorrow. Ujju2 will be pleased.

Archived