CFL 2020: A League-Wide Rebrand (16/16 ATLANTIC AND WINDSOR POSTED)

Edubdesign

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the differences, Team Canada and Calgary look a lot alike. As much as I hate BFBS, this calls for a third color.

Keep in mind, Team Canada is meant to be separate from the CFL teams, in the same way the US basketball team is separate from the NBA. Sure, the Dream Team has the same colour scheme as the 76ers, Wizards, Hawks, Pistons, Clippers, and Pelicans, but red/white/blue is the national colour scheme.

Dude, I love the template man! Any chance for a public release of it?

I'm definitely thinking about it, I think I'll post it when I've got all the teams posted. Thanks for the compliments.

Love these, the ones with yellow are especially good. But... Calgary looks to much like Ohio State.

Also, can you share your templates?

In hindsight, you're right. I tried getting rid of the black to avoid looking like the Buckeyes, but it looks like it didn't work. I'll replace it with a pale gold when I edit these.

And, like davidellias's post I quoted above, I'll post the template when the teams are all posted.

Team Canada vs Team International would make for an interesting all-star game.

Only once, and it wouldn't end well, since there aren't any Canadian quarterbacks in the CFL. All the QBs on Team Canada come from Canadian college ball. Will Finch and Cayman Shutter aren't bad, but they definitely not at the same level as today's CFL quarterbacks. If there was a football World Championship (one that actually had good professional players), Canada would still do well, but not as well as the US by any stretch.

An All-Star Border Battle is an interesting idea; I might just have to make a concept on that.

Anything else before the next two teams are posted? We're talking expansion teams next time 'round (including a team that takes their colours VERYSERIOUSLY)

Team Canada USA vs Team International would make for an interesting all-star game.

Fixed.

BTW, I know I haven't posted in here in a while, but these are truly excellent concepts, I'm not too much into CFL and CFL Uniform style, but I can say I prefer most of these rebrands to their current sets. Fantastic work here man.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think a lot of people think that the CFL would host an all-star game for all of the players in the world, or the Border Battle would include players from the NFL. I don't think that was what was meant. Because the Canadians, in my opinion, of the CFL, could hold their own against the Americans of the CFL. They're all in the CFL for a reason, guys. ;)

I think a lot of people think that the CFL would host an all-star game for all of the players in the world, or the Border Battle would include players from the NFL. I don't think that was what was meant. Because the Canadians, in my opinion, of the CFL, could hold their own against the Americans of the CFL. They're all in the CFL for a reason, guys. ;)

Thanks for understanding my comment, that's exactly what I meant. Nothing to do with NFL or American gridiron football. A game between Canada vs The Rest, for CFL players only, as a CFL all-star game.

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

Time for two more teams: the Ottawa Rebels (the team formerly known as the REDBLACKS) and the Okanagan Stags, playing out of Kelowna, BC.

Explanation of the new name for Ottawa;

- Starts with R (which is important for some reason)

- Has local sports history (pays tribute to the 1880's Rideau Rebels hockey team, a team that included the sons of Lord Stanley and James Creighton, the father of modern hockey)

- Brings to mind the image of rogue loggers on the Ottawa River (independent loggers have been working there for decades)

- Can still use current logo (which despite the bad name, I think is still a good logo)

- Better than REDBLACKS. (That should be enough of a reason, really.)

lusCnYi.png

2b6alqK.png

Just want to echo that I would love for you to release this template. It's excellent. All the concepts are great, too.

It's technically not his template, he traced Doug's template to work for paint :P

Just want to echo that I would love for you to release this template. It's excellent. All the concepts are great, too.

It's technically not his template, he traced Doug's template to work for paint :P

Which is why I'm hesitant to put it out here.

I'm not even sure I should be using it for this, but it was so damn good I couldn't resist.

Archived