Faux-Back Vintage West Virginia Mountaineers

hettinger_rl

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's actually the eye that's funny, he's missing his far cheek. Based on how the mouth is oriented, we should be able to see the far (his right) cheek bone. How much you want to play with that is up to you, but I think that's what's giving it that "something about it looks off..." look.

When it's finished, this is going to be epic. Like, send this to WVU epic.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is going to be a great logo, hettinger. I cannot wait to see a finished version. Perfect choice for the WV and perfect throwback feel to the Mountaineer face. Take this the whole way.

FsQiF2W.png

Thanks for all the C&C folks. I was wondering though; Do you think it would be ok to only use the school colors on the letters (WV) and use browns, flesh, and black for the hat, skin, and beard?

Yes, but I'd try it with only blue and yellow as well.

Thanks for all the C&C folks. I was wondering though; Do you think it would be ok to only use the school colors on the letters (WV) and use browns, flesh, and black for the hat, skin, and beard?

I think when it comes to the cap, you should use blue, gold for the WV monogram. But for the face and beard, flesh tone and brown.

I'm anxious to see how this turns out. The sketch is really good.

LehQRaC.png

I love a lot of it, but think the teeth showing compared to the bottom lip being so high is kind of drastic. A little out of place! But if you take the CC posted thus far and tweak it with color, it's going to be SICK. Keep up the good work!

That's kinda the style I'm going for:

27hs6we84mzwthm5rpg3.png1frdhdhgf3bgeyggt7dp.png7368.png3120_texas_a&m_aggies-mascot-2001.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Those are exactly the look you replicated with the Mountaineer. I would outline him in black, use blue for the hat, gold for the monogram, brown for the beard (though a darker shade of gold might be interesting for the whiskers) and flesh tone for the face.

LehQRaC.png

Ok, a couple of color combos here. The first is the WV colors right off of the mothership. I also went with a paler fleshtone. The second is more in line with the colors they use on field and a tanner flesh. Let me know what you think.

2n7k1ux.jpg2aj6mw9.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived