Calgary Flames Redesign

JCRGraphix

So I've entered this into the HJC Calgary Flames redesign competition. I decided to go with a western theme without being over-the-top. I also wanted a traditional striping look. The logos are evolved from their unused logos for their current third jersey. Thoughts?

flamesredesign.png

So I've entered this into the HJC Calgary Flames redesign competition. I decided to go with a western theme without being over-the-top. I also wanted a traditional striping look. The logos are evolved from their unused logos for their current third jersey. Thoughts?

flamesredesign.png

Perfect!, Perfect!, Perfect! The addition of black to the home set helps cure the problem with a red/yellow uniform being two bright colors. Plus, you kept the white uniform unchanged and it creates this brilliant look. (**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Fantastic job! Good modernized logos. The red uniform comes out quite well, you have a very good sense of color going on in it, what with the gold, black, and red. The white is another modernized bit and very clean and crisp. I say just take out the white on the black jersy, change the numbers, and you're in good shape.

I can see why the Flames rejected it.

I don't understand, the logo looks like it's ripped in half? I feel like this fixes a problem. Fire isn't perfect, it doesn't take the shape of the edge of the C. It cannot be grasped, or 'ripped'. I like it. The concept is near perfect. Black needs more red. Change the wordmark, make it all the same font as the numbers, possibly. But go with Calgary on top.

Archived