Fictional Football League - Team 5/50 - Reno Added on page 5

PlatinumAmphibian

Hey guys,

I am going to start up a fictional football league, creating all logos and uniforms, this will be my first big project, I am looking to place one team in each state of America, I know it seems pretty daunting to me too but that's the goal, I would also like to use towns or cities that are smaller markets and preferably don't have another professional team in the city, I know some states I may do larger cities. Not being from America it is hard for me to decide on some cities to use, I was wondering if you guys could help me choose some of the cities, even if you just say a few from your home state it would be much appreciated, If you want to go as far as a team name that would also be great, thanks for your time.

Completed teams

Wichita Ironwings - Page 2

Bangor Lumberjacks - Page 3

Atlantic City Hustle - Page 4

Salt Lake City Drones - Page 4

Reno Renegades - Page 5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an interesting project. I consider two states to be "home" for me, so:

Wisconsin - Racine, La Crosse, Madison, Eau Claire, Kenosha

Minnesota - Duluth, St. Cloud, Rochester, Mankato, Winona

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Off the top of my head - Rochester, MN is mainly known as the home to the Mayo Clinic - one of the best hospitals in the country. That's all I really got right now.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The great state of Arkansas! More than likely you'll want to do it as a state rather than a select city and for that you would want to consider:

• Ducks/Mallards
  • Twisters
  • Naturals
  • Diamonds
  • Miners

If you wanted to narrow it down to a certain city here are the largest & most known:

• Little Rock (capital city)
  • Fayetteville (home of the UofA - Razorbacks)
  • Fort Smith
  • Hope (home of Bill Clinton & Mike Huckabee)
  • Pine Bluff

Arkansas is also the World Capital of Duck Hunting; so something along the lines of Ducks or Mallards could be really cool!

Like kbaker19 said, I kinda have the two state situation(Ohio and Texas)

Ohio:

Columbus Conquest or Silverbacks, as Columbus is known for having one of the best zoos in the US, and the first zoo to have a gorilla give birth.

Cleveland Rockers, because Cleveland is the Rock n' Roll city

Cincinnati I don't know much about Cinncinati because I've only driven through it. I do know they are on a river so the Cincinnati Riverman?

Texas:

Austin Emprasarios, Emprasarios were like the lead colonists from the US to Tejas, and Stephen F. Austin was an Emprasario

Houston Barons or Merchants, Houston is known for oil and Houston is an international port

Dallas or Fort Worth Bulls, those cities were known for cattle ranching

That's what- She

New Jersey, if you want to do cities you have Newark, Jersey City, Atlantic City. For team names that would fit jersey you could of course go with something like Gangsters, Mobsters, Gambinos, etc. Or you could go with something to do with the myth of the New Jersey Devil. Or you can even go with a shark theme since the movie Jaws was based on a real great white shark attack that occurred on the Jersey Shore in 1916.

I actually just finished doing this on Teambuilder for NCAA 14. I have all 50 states represented into 2 conferences (25 each) and 10 divisions. Then I either play the game or have the Xbox sim it for me. I am only on Week 2 of a 15 week schedule. Are you planning on simming or playing seasons? Or are you just making the teams?

imperialssignature_by_officerpain138-dc2

Wikipedia is a handy place to learn about cities so you can gain inspiration for concepts. I do it all the time, and I doubt I'm the only one.

+1. I do this when researching names, especially, to get a feel for the local culture and also to avoid naming a team after an already-existing team in that region or a major rival. I recall a concept once where the author was creating a football team for the State of Oregon named the Cougars and who's colors were Purple and Gold. While that seems common knowledge, it was clear he hadn't done research since his team was basically a mashup of UW and WSU, and plopped into Oregon.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Indiana would be a great place to start. Indianapolis has the 500 so something along the lines of Speed, Racers, Accelerators, etc. Fort Wayne is also a great place! A lot of Mammoth/Mastodon bones found there. Heck even Evansville could be a start. Maybe try Louisville too in Kentucky.

Missouri:

- Jefferson City : State Capital

- Chesterfield : city about 45 minutes out of St. Louis

- Independence : start of the Oregon Trail

I could name some more, but most are small cities that I've never even heard of. And i think one of those 3 ^ would work perfectly

Missouri:

I could name some more, but most are small cities that I've never even heard of. And i think one of those 3 ^ would work perfectly

Actually Springfield is the 3rd largest city in the state behind only St. Louis and Kansas City. And O'Fallon and St. Charles are bigger and better St. Louis area options than Chesterfield.

Missouri:

Actually Springfield is the 3rd largest city in the state behind only St. Louis and Kansas City. And O'Fallon and St. Charles are bigger and better St. Louis area options than Chesterfield.

Yes i know, But i didn't want to include Springfield because i thought people would confuse it with Springfield, Illinois. Also i Just thought Chesterfield would work better because the Rams already have practice facilities out there that could be "lended" for a starter franchise (yes i realize its not and NFL team). Also i played football in Chesterfield so i admit that was biased :D

O'Fallon is a good one though. I just think Jeff City would work the best being that it is in the Middle of the State and that it is the capital of MO.

The Rams facilities are in Earth City, which is by Bridgeton and Maryland Heights.

there is a youth training facility in Chesterfield.

"The St. Louis Rams Training Academy is a new 20,000 square-foot indoor training and development facility featuring state-of-the-art video analysis labs and training equipment including a turf field, Olympic-style weight room with Rams branded power mats, and a 60-yard speed track with a laser timing system."

It was built for youth players, but none the less, still a nice facility

Archived