Fictional Football League - Team 5/50 - Reno Added on page 5

PlatinumAmphibian

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second team, The BANGOR LUMBERJACKS, Maines team is heavily based off of the fact that this town is known as the lumber capital.

Q8WKjPZ.png

GkCzlyD.png

eAjIUg7.png

Hope you guys like this one, keep the comments coming :) Especially on the logos.

Woohoo! Bangor represent!

I'm from Bangor, and Paul Bunyan is a huge thing here. Literally a huge thing. A giant statue of him is parked out in front of our new arena, representing our history as a lumber capital.

The wordmark is a little too think and muddled together for me.

I love the tartan colors. Our high school colors are crimson and white, and we had a Can-Am League (minor league baseball) team called the Lumberjacks in 2003 that used those colors with green as an accent (to represent trees I suppose).

mainescarf.png

I like the gold helmet and I agree, the logo is different which makes it appealing.

Thanks, I actually thought the logo was a gamble and that not many people would like it, but its good to know I was wrong :)

ba_dum_tss_meme-s1500x1294-310277.png

Oh come on! The one one saying that 'my only gripe is the ae's handle' was better! :P

I like the gold helmet and I agree, the logo is different which makes it appealing.

Thanks, I actually thought the logo was a gamble and that not many people would like it, but its good to know I was wrong :)

Oh come on! The one one saying that 'my only gripe is the ae's handle' was better! :P

I didn't realise what I had said with the gamble joke, haha, happy accident

Hey guys im struggling a bit for inspiration for team names so I was wondering if you guys could help, I was thinking about a team in Reno NV, what are your thoughts on the Golden Eagles or The Renogades

Renogades, Jokers (the card Joker relates to gambling and would be a very unique/fun logo), Devils (Sin City), Night Owls (people wander.. at night?). But I think the best two options would be Renogades or Jokers. Golden Eagles is too plain for such an exciting city like Reno.

Coming in a little late. I agree with whoever said Lehigh Valley for Pennsylvania.

I'm Canadian and even though you said one team per state, we still are in need of football teams in many of our provinces:

Halifax (Nova Scotia)
Moncton (New Brunswick)
St. John's (NFLD)
Charlottetown (PEI)
London (Ontario)
Mississauga (Ontario)
Quebec City (Quebec)
Sudbury (Northern Ontario)
Red Deer (Alberta)
Victoria (British Columbia)

If you are just doing the US then that's fine, I just thought I'd share some more cities. :)
nothing for Manitoba and Saskatchewan

Coming in a little late. I agree with whoever said Lehigh Valley for Pennsylvania.

I'm Canadian and even though you said one team per state, we still are in need of football teams in many of our provinces:

Halifax (Nova Scotia)

Moncton (New Brunswick)

St. John's (NFLD)

Charlottetown (PEI)

London (Ontario)

Mississauga (Ontario)

Quebec City (Quebec)

Red Deer (Alberta)

If you are just doing the US then that's fine, I just thought I'd share some more cities. :)

Ill probably expand internationally after I finish the initial 50 so I will keep them in mind

Halifax (Nova Scotia)

Moncton (New Brunswick)

St. John's (NFLD)

Charlottetown (PEI)

London (Ontario)

Mississauga (Ontario)

Quebec City (Quebec)

Red Deer (Alberta)

...What do you have against Manitoba and Saskatchewan?

Okay. I'm from Reno and used to live in Sudbury.

Reno Sparks: Sparks, NV is a city very close to Reno. The Reno Arch also features an actual spark. Search it up. Plus with the support of fans in Sparks, Reno could have a fairly large fan base.

Sudbury Nickels or Sudbury Miners: Sudbury is famous for nickel mining.

That's funny. I posted the exact same thing in a different thread today. Well played Kaz.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

My ideas for a team to represent the Great State of New York (since I'm from New York, of course)

Suggested Cities:

• Albany
  • Binghamton
  • Long Island
  • Niagara Falls
  • Poughkeepsie
  • Rochester
  • Syracuse
  • Utica
  • Yonkers

Suggested Nicknames:

• Dutchmen (New York was first settled by the Dutch in the early 17th Century as New Netherland)
  • Dukes (In 1664, the British claimed New Netherland from the Dutch and renamed the territory -- as well as the settlement of New Amsterdam -- in honor of James, the Duke of York)
  • Revolution (New York was the site of 1/3 of all the battles in the American Revolutionary War)
  • Beavers (The beaver is the state mammal of New York)
  • Snappers (The snapping turtle is the state reptile of New York)
  • Emperors (New York's nickname is "The Empire State")

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived