Underrated Logos that need more recognition

Elwood From Canada

ECHL New Orleans Brass alternate logo.

echl-new_orleans_brass_2001.gif

(seriously, it's been twelve years since they folded...and nine since Katrina. Surprised somebody hasn't tried to bring pro hockey back in some form to the NOLA)

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This logo would be better if it didn't have that beveled wordmark. If they had used a slightly less angular font, without the bevel, it would have been pretty good.

i think you are forgetting the overly cartoony rocket ship that for what ever reason has a face?

That's the best part of the logo.

I hate that logo in large part because of the face on the rocket...but that's why I am surprised it does not get more love around here. It's "campy". It "does not take itself too seriously." Fans of the angry dolphin wearing a helmet should love this.

Here's my pick:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/159/full/598.gif

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

eb3sxcc37ihpn0tufwx5ivoi4.gif

This is the home uniform of the NHL's New York Rangers. It's very clean, The colors are great and indisputable and the font is among the best in sports history.

I somewhat agree. As a Rangers fan, I think this uniform gets a good deal of love, because I see people wearing it all the time, and I also have one myself. However, like most uniforms, this one doesn't get the full respect it deserves because most fans (myself and everyone who posts on this site not included) don't care much about what their team is wearing. Personally, I like their road jersey (which I also have) a little better because of the stripes on the shoulders.h1eamoh1z0z6zju4p2jl158gn.gif

In my opinion, the Boston Bruins primary is very underrated.venf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf.gif

Most people just look at it and think, "It's just a B in a circle, what's the big deal?" And that, my friends, is where they are wrong. Yes, it is a B in a circle, I'll give them that. However, the circle is actually a wheel and hub, a reference to the "Hub City". If you take a look at the logos they had before this one, you'll see that this one is about ten thousand steps up from those logos. Not only does it keep up with tradition, it has a sort of fresh, futuristic look to it compared to the previous logos. The "appendages" on the left side of the B were a great addition to this logo, and to me, make this logo one of my favorites.

ECHL New Orleans Brass alternate logo.

echl-new_orleans_brass_2001.gif

(seriously, it's been twelve years since they folded...and nine since Katrina. Surprised somebody hasn't tried to bring pro hockey back in some form to the NOLA)

That's just creepy

New Orleans can be a very creepy place sometimes...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

. However, the circle is actually a wheel and hub, a reference to the "Hub City".

Not trying to call you out, Bleedblue, but I gotta step in here. This is at least the third time on this site I've seen someone refer to Boston as the "Hub City".

The correct nickname is "The Hub." http://www.celebrateboston.com/culture/the-hub-origin.htm

Calling Boston the "Hub City" is like referring to New York as the "Big Apple City." It just sounds so wrong.

. However, the circle is actually a wheel and hub, a reference to the "Hub City".

Not trying to call you out, Bleedblue, but I gotta step in here. This is at least the third time on this site I've seen someone refer to Boston as the "Hub City".

The correct nickname is "The Hub." http://www.celebrateboston.com/culture/the-hub-origin.htm

Calling Boston the "Hub City" is like referring to New York as the "Big Apple City." It just sounds so wrong.

It's also been called "The Hub of the Universe"

Seriously, the ECHL had a LOT of underrated logos way back in the day:

In particular, the Jacksonville Lizard Kings opened a lot of doors in their day (dodges trash thrown at the bad pun):

bg3cifbiqdfthk89g3pg.gif

Lexington Men O'War (surprised they only played one season)

czzovwou4vlceqbrmegf.gif

Macon Whoopee (how can you NOT love this one?)

1j1v7j0t14h0jka6fc5h.gif

bYhYmxh.png

Archived