Hoopladawg87's NBA Uniform Redesigns - KINGS ALTERNATE added 7/29

iamdaviinci

Back with a few minor updates.

First, the Hornets concept has been updated with a new font for all of the text. I can't find the exact typeface thy use with their new logos, and I couldn't find anything too close, so I settled for a more modern typeface that is similar to the Bobcats' current typeface. I haven't decided if I think it's an upgrade or not, but I'd love any and all feedback. I also made the honeycomb pattern slightly more visible on the road version to match the visibility of it on the home version.

Home:

HornetsHomeConcept-2.jpg

Road:

HornetsRoadConcept-2.jpg

I also updated the recolorization of the Raptors concept. The front number is centered up, and I added a home white version. I don't like the look of it nearly as much as the road version, as it just seems like the color and balance of it is way off. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this please let me know.

Home:

RaptorsPurpleHomeConcept.jpg

Road:

RaptorsPurpleRoadConcept-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

What about if the outline on the home text was red instead of black?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlotte is pretty good now. Raptors are a whole lot better. I know a lot of people complained about that specific script on the chest but I dont mind it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump a semi-old thread, but....

Loving the Hornets concept, I think it works really well. I would say this though, the logo on the pants would likely be this one:

3894_charlotte__hornets_-alternate-2015.

since that is now their primary logo (or the primary logo without the wordmark anyway).

Also, you should make an alternate uni based on this logo:

4805_charlotte__hornets_-alternate-2015.

A buzz city uniform would be pretty cool if you ask me. Just some ideas if your interested. :)

• 2 months later...

Back after a long break with a new concept. I plan on scrapping my previous Charlotte Hornets concept and starting over fresh, but that won't be for a while.

For now, the victim is the Atlanta Hawks. I've never been a fan of their navy blue and red color scheme, so I spent a lot of time debating which of their classic color schemes I preferred - red and yellow or royal blue and lime green. For the sake of uniqueness I went with the royal and lime palette, as red and yellow will surely show up when I work with the Houston Rockets. Also making a return is the over-the-shoulder stripe, though it has been reconfigured to divide the front lettering and numbering. The font is modern and preserves the 'ATL' wordmark from their current alternate uniforms, and the newly-revamped 'Pac-Man' logo appears on the shorts.

I'm not too impressed with how this looks in its current state, as the unorthodox striping was frustrating to work with and got in the way of the front wordmark (hence, why 'ATL' appears instead of 'ATLANTA' or 'HAWKS'). Any and all input would be greatly appreciated, as I feel this concept has a ways to go before it is complete. Thanks in advance for the comments and criticism!

Home:

HawksHomeConcept.jpg

Road:

HawksRoadConcept.jpg

Alternate:

HawksAlternateConcept.jpg

I love the Hawks, color scheme and all. I do think "ATL" needs to be bigger, as does the number font. Also, put "HAWKS" on at least one of the jerseys (preferably home). Great start on the Hawks, I think these improvements will make it outstanding!

spacer.png

I appreciate everyone's input! Here are some updates...

Royal Blue and Lime Green Color Scheme

Home:

HawksHomeConcept-1.jpg

Road:

HawksRoadConcept-1.jpg

Alternate:

HawksAlternateConcept-1.jpg

Red and Yellow Color Scheme

Home:

HawksHomeConcept2.jpg

Road:

HawksRoadConcept2.jpg

Alternate:

HawksAlternateConcept2.jpg

I've spent some time retooling the wordmark text and size as well as recolored a separate set for comparison. The larger text looks a lot better, but I'm not sure how I feel about 'HAWKS' instead of 'ATL' on the home jersey... I like the idea as I traditionally prefer team names on home uniforms and city names on road uniforms, but unfortunately the striping seems to get in the way of the execution here. The red and yellow color scheme really pops on the road uniform, but the home uniform looks bland and the alternate turned out looking a lot more like the old Nike Rewind jerseys from the mid-2000's than I'm comfortable with. I like the red road uniform the most out of the six, but as a set I think I prefer the royal blue and lime green color scheme... Please let me know your thoughts and opinions!

The Hawks are OK. I do have a suggestion though: make the road jerseys say either "Atlanta" or "Hawks". The "ATL" should be for the alternates only. If you had to pick a color scheme I'd go with the red and gold. Unlike the alternates with the blue and green set the gold alternates could be worn both on the road and at home.

Here's what will likely be the final update for the Atlanta Hawks...

Home:

HawksHomeConcept2-1.jpg

Road:

HawksRoadConcept2-1.jpg

As much as I like the royal blue and lime green color scheme, that just doesn't come across to me as part of the Atlanta Hawks identity.The red and yellow color scheme does, however, and it looks a lot cleaner without the black striping. The yellow alternate uniform has been abandoned for now, but once all teams are completed I may revisit that component.

I'm going to clean up the Milwaukee Bucks and Toronto Raptors concepts I've already finalized to reflect the new jersey template with the NBA logo at the back of the neckline, and then I'll be on to the next team. Thanks for all of the input and constructive criticism!

Archived