Springfield patriots

Kess

My hometown of Springfield, Missouri is building a baseball stadium and arena to host minor league sports (baseball, hockey, arena football, etc.). It was recently reported in the local news that one of the moneybags behind some of the projects has secured the name "Springfield Patriots." At first it looked like that was going to be the name for the baseball team, but now it seems the name was chosen for a minor league hockey franchise.

With all that in mind, I didn't know if anybody would be bored enough to come up with logo and jersey concepts for a Patriots hockey and/or baseball team...just for fun.

I personally don't mind the name Patriots as it sure beats Ice __ Dogs for a name. I wish he would go with a name that relates to the community. Something that plays off the rail road and milling industries (both important to the towns development), or the civil war (there's a battlefield near the town and an actual battle was fought in Springfield), or the fact that the expression "The Mother Road" for Route 66 was conceived in Springfield and the historical road is marked through town and...well, I could go on all day. Anyway, just curious to see if anyone had some "Patriots" ideas.

Kess

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Isn't there already a team in the NAHL called the Springfield Spirit?

http://www.nahl.com/teams/sps/

I believe they moved from (suburban) St. Louis where they were the St. Louis Sting.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

:;):
hey i live in cape fair missouri good to see a sw missouri local on the board. the spirit play in jordan valley ice park and are co-ownrd by st louis rams grant winstrom, the  patriots hockey team will be owned by john Q hammons and play in a different arena and he is trying to get them affiliated with a nhl team somehow if i remember right.
sms.gif

The Spirit are in the NAHL, which is a U.S. Jr. "A" League...and has produced such players as Eric Lindros, Doug Weight and Brian Rolston. They were indeed the St. Louis Sting up until last October when new ownership - including Wistrom and Kelly Chase - bought the team and moved them to Springfield.

The new team will be a minor professional league. I've seen such names as the CHL and UHL thrown around as possible leagues. They will play in a new arena that is being built. The Ice Park where the Spirit play is nice, but was never intended to host such an event. Seating capacity is small, even when they bring in temporary bleachers for games.

1991--Got any ideas for the Patriots?

:) a few "half way ideas" but unfortunately i can see things in mind but can't draw them out very well, as i think of it, something with the colors of blue, white and silver as the main colors and red as the trim color. as far as a logo something with the upper quarter of the body (middle chest and up) with a man waving a war-torn and tattered flag (probablly a american flag or possiblly a missouri flag or even just the word "springfield" or "patriots" sewn onto a hockey stick.
sms.gif

I think that the UHL is the leading contender as far as the destination for the Patriots.  The Missouri River Otters (who play in St. Charles County - the far western section of the St. Louis Metro Area) have been in the league for 5 seasons now and really don't have a natural rival.  Personally, I'd love to see both the Otters and the Patriots go into the CHL which is a better league and would provide a good connection between the Oklahoma-Texas-New Mexico-Colorado teams and the Memphis and Indianapolis clubs.

Reaper '98...from Detroit Compuware's web page...

"This benchmark is higher than any other Junior A franchise in the United States.  Included in that success is the '89 -'90 season when Compuware went 42-0-2 with a roster that included 3 first round N.H.L. draft choices,  Eric Lindros, Pat Peake and Brian Rolston."

I know that Lindros played Major Junior hockey in Canada, but he apparently also spent time in the NAHL.

Archived