Super Bowl XLIX Logo Unveiled

sportsfan0518

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like all of us, I'm disappointed and angry that the NFL is continuing this awful trend of generic Super Bowl logos.

Speak for yourself. I think they could do a lot worse than these logos - they already have, many times.

I think thats a bit of a stretch. Sure some logos such as XXXV or XLIII were hit or miss, but you cannot deny the logos gave the game an identity that lasts forever for fans of the teams who played in those games. These logos offer no identity whatsoever, and I have a hard time looking at the XLVI logo as a Giants fan since its so similar to XLV, XLVII-XLIX.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I think maybe they will stop at Super Bowl 50 since it will just be an L and that would look really, really bare

I agree, even if they make the image gold like they did for Super Bowl L in Madden Franchise mode.

Even with the gold, just having 'L' underneath the Super Bowl logo is just asking for something added.

I do have a feeling that they'll try the current styling of the Super Bowl, it probably won't work given the circumstances.

It's gold in madden? Interesting. Anyone got a pic of this?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think maybe they will stop at Super Bowl 50 since it will just be an L and that would look really, really bare

I agree, even if they make the image gold like they did for Super Bowl L in Madden Franchise mode.

Even with the gold, just having 'L' underneath the Super Bowl logo is just asking for something added.

I do have a feeling that they'll try the current styling of the Super Bowl, it probably won't work given the circumstances.

SuperBowlL.png

SuperBowlL.png

The image looks really bare, considering the image they use in Madden is really small in comparison.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The French language uses addition for many of the names of their numbers. 94, for example, is 'quatre-vingt-quatorze', directly translating into four twenty fourteen, or 4x20+14. The NFL could take a page out of their book and either do XXXXX(10+10+10+10+10) or VX(5x10), both of which are invalid numbers, so there won't be a problem with future Super Bowls being named XXXXX or VX, like Madden 25 will have in 11 years. I personally like this idea better than the 50 idea.

You guys didn't really think 49 was going to use a unique logo, its just 49 might as well use the same.

What I think will happen is 50 will use a new logo, then 51 will introduce a new one they will use for a couple years.

That's my guess.

It's not that they're using the generic SB logo for every year. It's the fact that they ARE STILL designing unique SB logos for each year, but are only using them for local promotional purposes only.

Why wasn't this ever used? I watched the game, and didn't see these ones anywhere. No reason not to use it primarily...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01/30/super-bowl-2013-new-orleans_n_2576588.html

This years "unique" logo has actually been fairly prominent. I've seen it used a lot.

I've seen so many variations and I'm trying to find the high-res ones. Much like I'm still trying to find any and/or all the ones glowing back to Super Bowl XLV.

Why wasn't this ever used? I watched the game, and didn't see these ones anywhere. No reason not to use it primarily...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01/30/super-bowl-2013-new-orleans_n_2576588.html

Those logos were all over the Superdome during the game. The walls of the stands were plastered with it. Also the logos were pretty prominent all over the city leading up to the game.

gYH2mW9.png

This years "unique" logo has actually been fairly prominent. I've seen it used a lot.

And it's the primary logo on the game's website. I think it shows they never intended to lose the regional logos, colors and scripts, just the primary mark stays the same and it's grown on me. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with for next year.

Here are the "unique logos" that I have found for each of the past three Super Bowls. XLV did not have any one that I know of, probably because that was the original year of this standardized system.

XLVI's logo was sort of under the radar. It's mainly seen on the games website and on a lot of Giants champions gear, but it did not make many appearances besides that..

w0orp0.png

I know for a fact I have seen XLVII's in a purple background, but I could only find it in black. This logo got a bit more exposure, and was seen throughout the Superdome and the city of New Orleans last year.

260a59d.jpg

Finally, I feel like I have seen this XLVIII logo everywhere. From merchandise, the stadium, the ticket, the program, and everything in between, the NFL did a good job showing this logo off.

52kisg.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I think the current logo style looks great, particularly as a patch or on the field, as Old School mentioned before me, but it robs the games of their identity. I can look at a Super Bowl logo, at least from games in the last 15-or-so years and immediately know who won that game. Ever since they went to the new template, I really can't. It'll be especially crappy when they revisit venues in the very near future.

IUe6Hvh.png

Please source the watch Ride Along online.
Also Get here.
Please click here the watch Her online.
Also Click here to watch online.
Please Follow this link the watch Frozen online.
Also Click this to watch.
Please click here the watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug online.
Also click here.
Please Click here to watch online the watch The Legend of Hercules online.
Also Follow link.
Please follow the watch The Wolf of Wall Street online.
Also follow.
Please follow the watch Grudge Match online.
Also follow.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Lone Survivor online.
Also source.
Please click here the watch The Nut Job online.
Also source.
Please click here the watch Delivery Man online.
Also click here.
Please Follow this link the watch The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty online.
Also Follow this link.
Please click here the watch Devil's Due online.
Please source the watch American Hustle online.
Please follow the watch Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit online.
Also Get here.
Please Get here the watch Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? online.
Also Get here.

Archived