Super Bowl XLIX Logo Unveiled

sportsfan0518

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that this will be the actaul logo but it is interesting that Minnesota went with a unique logo as apposed to the same template as previous years.

Super-Bowl-LII-Logo-20141-415x400.jpg

That's the logo for the bid committee. Soooooo there is no template for those.

Yes I'm well aware that is a logo used in the proposal and there is no "template". I thought I had seen that Indianapolis had mocked up a logo as well but had used a similar format as the previous Super Bowl logos. That is all. no need for your snark.

Just saw a logo that had some association with the Super Bowl but didnt think it needed a new thread. nothing more nothing less.

So that NY/NJ regional logo wasn't a one off. I guess if we are stuck with this logo system I'm glad they added something unique to it. The national version will always be terrible so no change there, but the additions to the regional is nice. Good to see them change those up because the stadium alone doesn't really represent the region. Looking forward to SB 50 logo with the Golden Gate bridge and Levi's stadium.

Just so y'all have a reference for the "Regional" logos since the start of this system...

SuperBowl45_GRR4a_2011_SCC_SRGB_zpse6c55SuperBowl46_GRR1a_2012_SCC_SRGB_zpsb048eSuperBowl47_SOR01a_2012_SCC_SRGB_zps5dcf

SuperBowl48_EMR0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB_zps61

And the Arizona one is already posted but here it is again...

SB49_Primary_Regional_date_rgb_zpsc3f660

So that NY/NJ regional logo wasn't a one off. I guess if we are stuck with this logo system I'm glad they added something unique to it. The national version will always be terrible so no change there, but the additions to the regional is nice. Good to see them change those up because the stadium alone doesn't really represent the region. Looking forward to SB 50 logo with the Golden Gate bridge and Levi's stadium.

Just so y'all have a reference for the "Regional" logos since the start of this system...

[images redacted]

All of these piss me off.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The problem with all of these, is they feel like nothing. They don't feel like the city they represent. They don't feel like they are celebrating anything. They feel cold and uninteresting, like the league doesn't care and doesn't want you at home to care about the league or the game. The Super Bowl should be celebrated as the NFL's premier event and the logo should represent that.

SuperBowl45_GRR4a_2011_SCC_SRGB_zpse6c55SuperBowl46_GRR1a_2012_SCC_SRGB_zpsb048eSuperBowl47_SOR01a_2012_SCC_SRGB_zps5dcf

SuperBowl48_EMR0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB_zps61

All of these piss me off.

The problem with all of these, is they feel like nothing. They don't feel like the city they represent. They don't feel like they are celebrating anything. They feel cold and uninteresting, like the league doesn't care and doesn't want you at home to care about the league or the game. The Super Bowl should be celebrated as the NFL's premier event and the logo should represent that.

Both valid points and I'm inclined to agree, but at minimum the regional from last year and now this year do make an attempt to represent the location. Personally I can live with those, but for me the problem is they are still the regional logos. They should be the national marks and should be the main logo period.

The regional logo was the jersey patch for NY/NJ so it's probably gonna be that way from that point on, which is great. I understand why they have the non-detail logo though because painting that at midfield would probably be a pain in the ass.

bSLCtu2.png

Marketing wise, there has to be a reason why the Super Bowl turned to going with a "corporate" logo versus their old personable logos.

I can't imagine why this would be the case, But I don't see why the NFL would make this decision without having an overall objective from it. Citing laziness on the NFLs part just doesn't make sense.

Marketing wise, there has to be a reason why the Super Bowl turned to going with a "corporate" logo versus their old personable logos.

I can't imagine why this would be the case, But I don't see why the NFL would make this decision without having an overall objective from it. Citing laziness on the NFLs part just doesn't make sense.

They are BRANDING the Super Bowl. What can be more corporate than that? You can't have a real brand that changes its logo every year.

Before this, (from a brand/logo standpoint) the Super Bowl was a year-to-year event. Super Bowl XXXI was its own event, Super Bowl XXXII was its own event, etc. Each representing 1 season, 1 city. With the consistant logo they are branding this as an annual event that is connected to each Super Bowl every year. this is THE SUPER BOWL. Not the 2003 Super Bowl, 2004 Super Bowl etc. This is THE SUPER BOWL.

I know we love new and interesting logos and were always excited to see what the new logo would look like every year, but from a marketing/branding standpoint it really doesnt make sense to change a logo every year.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

...so I see they finally knocked down Jobing.com Arena and replaced it with an artificial canyon. Hope they didn't touch those fountains, though :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

They are BRANDING the Super Bowl. What can be more corporate than that? You can't have a real brand that changes its logo every year.

Before this, (from a brand/logo standpoint) the Super Bowl was a year-to-year event. Super Bowl XXXI was its own event, Super Bowl XXXII was its own event, etc. Each representing 1 season, 1 city. With the consistant logo they are branding this as an annual event that is connected to each Super Bowl every year. this is THE SUPER BOWL. Not the 2003 Super Bowl, 2004 Super Bowl etc. This is THE SUPER BOWL.

I know we love new and interesting logos and were always excited to see what the new logo would look like every year, but from a marketing/branding standpoint it really doesnt make sense to change a logo every year.

You do realize that on a website dedicated to sports logos, that pretty much no one is going to agree with this line of reasoning.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I agree and disagree at the same time. I agree on the branding of the Super Bowl in a way, but I also disagree with the logo changing every year as not working. WWE changes their Wrestlemania logo every year and it's a big brand. It can work if done right. Either way, here we are.

bSLCtu2.png

Everything about the desert landscape in this logo is too damn small and behind. The NFL did a much better job displaying the NY/NJ background for last year's logo than they did displaying Arizona this time. Just another fail in their long laundry list of Super Bowl logo fails of the recent past.

God! I wish the NFL would stop this ridiculous recycling the same ugly logo for the Super Bowl. I liked when they included the host team into the theme. Super Bowl 45 was ok. It was in Dallas area silver for Cowboys was good, I didn't like the design but it made sense. Now it just shows that the NFL is either too cheap or too lazy to come up with something new. The most fun thing about the Super Bowl logo being unveiled was 'oh I wonder what it'll be this year.' Now its just 'oh lets just throw on another numeral. It has become disappointing.

God! I wish the NFL would stop this ridiculous recycling the same ugly logo for the Super Bowl. I liked when they included the host team into the theme. Super Bowl 45 was ok. It was in Dallas area silver for Cowboys was good, I didn't like the design but it made sense. Now it just shows that the NFL is either too cheap or too lazy to come up with something new. The most fun thing about the Super Bowl logo being unveiled was 'oh I wonder what it'll be this year.' Now its just 'oh lets just throw on another numeral. It has become disappointing.

I'm pretty sure the NFL is not cheap.

rickyISking, you probably know this but I want to clarify. When I say cheap I don't mean in value I mean they put out a product that is low in cost...cheap. Not going to take much work to produce on large a scale... cheap. I know that the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business. I just didn't think that the NFL would be willing to force a logo down out throats every year, that for the last 3 years has looked shoddy at best. My 7 year old can draw up something more creative than the NFL has been able to put out in 5 years

Archived