College Lacrosse Has the Worst Uniforms: 2014 Edition

RyanMcD29

The 2014 college lacrosse season gets underway today. Not much has leaked over the offseason, which is odd given how the past few Januarys have been with teams revealing stuff. There's been pics of pads and helmets and gloves here and there, but nothing too much of jerseys and shorts.

However, this pretty much just means that there's going to be a bit of a delay in the godawfulness that is most likely sure to come given every single uniform and equipment supplier's track record recently.

We'll start things off with Lehigh, who play their first game today against one of the newbies of D-1 lacrosse, Furman. Looks like they went with the same look as last season with Nike's standard template.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfZ-9S4IgAA_OA2.jpg

So yeah, use this thread for all things men's lacrosse uniforms, whether it be NCAA or major club lacrosse, and lets enjoy the trainwrecks together!

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if any of you all are aware but I actually play college lacrosse at a small D2 HBCU school here in Washington, DC.

This year will be UDC's first season and our head coach is Scott Urick. The same Scott Urick that set numerous records at Georgetown and still is the Hoyas alltime scoring leader. Also, he is the son of longtime Georgetown Head Coach David Urick.

I'm not pictured in this photo but my jersey number is 17 (a tribute former Super Bowl MVP Doug Williams of the Washington Redskins). Also, my name is Brian Simpkins.

IMG_20140201_165850_zps4877f321.jpg

I didnt have a hand in what the uniforms looked like but I made sure there was no GFGS going on. We can wear black since it is in our official colors. But I have presented a plethora of concepts for future use to our coaches and it may actually be done.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I've learned so much from the Creamer boards ever since the age of 7, now I'm a freshman in college. And I appreciate each and every poster here especially, Discrim, Buc, ChrisClement, and ColorWerx. Without yall I wouldn't be the artist I am now. Thank you.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

I knew you were really into lax, but I had no idea you're actually you were actually going to be playing it in college. That's awesome! Best of luck with you in your career!

As for that Lehigh-Furman game, Furman obviously debuted new uniforms with their first D-1 game. It's... very grey.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I'm assuming the Paladins emphasized the use of gray to seperate their look from fellow A-Sun member, High Point. The shorts are ok but the wordmark and numbers should be purple, to be legible.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Oh god Towson and UA took a page from Princeton and Warrior with the sublimated tiger stripes. Shoot me.

Speaking of UA, Delaware's got some new threads as well. If it weren't for some of the stripes to nowhere these would be a pretty good look.

oEQ0ySg.png

• 2 weeks later...

:D I'm flattered...you're welcome Wizkid. Fittingly, you guys at UDC look like a lax version of the Skins. Towson...well, for those of you not stuck with dialup, be glad you're not me, the first pic's not showing up for me at the moment, so I'll just comment on the one that did: the black's alright, seems like they took a page out of Florida State's book with the patterened cuffs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't know how "new" these are, but they are definitely newer (and nicer) than what I wore playing up at App back in the day:

AppState-555x740.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

methodist university has a first year d3 lacrosse program (they won their opener 23-3 today) - the uni's look pretty solid, but i wish they used the custom numbers and wordmark on the jersey's (the number on the helmet is the custom font) - i was told that nike only gives them a choice of like 3 stock fonts, but given the UDC uniforms posted above, that doesn't appear to be accurate information....

the gloves are gait, and they are pretty sweet

rp_primary_MLAX_Team.jpg

jldesigns404eo.png

• 1 month later...

Mega bump because Nike's got some new concept thingy that Syracuse will be wearing this weekend: a sleeveless jersey with an undershirt

http://gear.insidelacrosse.com/news/2014/03/27/syracuse-orange-unveiling-navy-cascade-r-nike-and-stx-gear

03_13_14_Nike_Lacrosse_389_CC1.jpgSyracuse%20Navy%20Kit%20MAIN%20NIKE.jpg

It looks a little too football-ish but isn't too awful. Helmet looks very nice at the very least.

oEQ0ySg.png

At least the undershirt is over the shoulder pads. It drives me crazy when I see lacrosse teams practicing in tank tops with the shoulder pads exposed.

OB-DS231_0520la_G_20090520151935.jpg4348993712_b08cb1da76_o.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

At least the undershirt is over the shoulder pads. It drives me crazy when I see lacrosse teams practicing in tank tops with the shoulder pads exposed.

OB-DS231_0520la_G_20090520151935.jpg4348993712_b08cb1da76_o.jpg

I prefer the exposed pads look, probably because i use to play and felt it so much less constricting and cooler in terms of the amount of air flow which actually gets under the pads that way

Archived