College Lacrosse Has the Worst Uniforms: 2014 Edition

RyanMcD29

I painted a hockey cage white, it worked to a point. i thought about doing it to a lax helmet, but thought that lax was too rough and the paint would get chipped really fast

i imagine it's factory powder coated, though...my son has a black cage on his helmet, and it has a gritty (not slick) feel which tells me it's not just paint

jldesigns404eo.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mega bump because Nike's got some new concept thingy that Syracuse will be wearing this weekend: a sleeveless jersey with an undershirt

http://gear.insidelacrosse.com/news/2014/03/27/syracuse-orange-unveiling-navy-cascade-r-nike-and-stx-gear

03_13_14_Nike_Lacrosse_389_CC1.jpgSyracuse%20Navy%20Kit%20MAIN%20NIKE.jpg

It looks a little too football-ish but isn't too awful. Helmet looks very nice at the very least.

No. Just no. Save it for basketball. I like sleeves in lacrosse.

From a former player's perspective, these would be great. It can get really hot out and there and more air flow would be nice. From an aesthetics position, these are horrible and I expect most players will go completely sleeveless instead of wearing those undershirts.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

I don't think they look that bad. I don't really like the idea that much; but if they were regular sleeves, they'd look pretty cool.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mega bump because Nike's got some new concept thingy that Syracuse will be wearing this weekend: a sleeveless jersey with an undershirt

http://gear.insidelacrosse.com/news/2014/03/27/syracuse-orange-unveiling-navy-cascade-r-nike-and-stx-gear

03_13_14_Nike_Lacrosse_389_CC1.jpgSyracuse%20Navy%20Kit%20MAIN%20NIKE.jpg

It looks a little too football-ish but isn't too awful. Helmet looks very nice at the very least.

No. Just no. Save it for basketball. I like sleeves in lacrosse.

From a former player's perspective, these would be great. It can get really hot out and there and more air flow would be nice. From an aesthetics position, these are horrible and I expect most players will go completely sleeveless instead of wearing those undershirts.

As a current player, I understand the heat of the season, and I still prefer sleeves. My team undershirt is very lightweight, and even during the hottest part of year I wear it under my jersey. Our jerseys are by Nike, and the underarm area is well ventilated.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Take away the logos and you'd still be able to tell who this is. Jesus...

BkVaa4OCQAAcwaY.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes, it's for Oregon's women's team.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

watching princeton/lehigh that i taped earlier...the princeton numbers are literally not visible on tv...white numbers on white jersey outlined in orange...no pics yet, but they are bad...there are pics of their gloves at http://gear.insidelacrosse.com/news/2014/04/08/princeton-tigers-premiering-new-warrior-gear

Wouldn't be a College Lacrosse Uniform thread without Warrior screwing up Princeton in some way or another!

INYVUKYPUOHAALP.20140409175536.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

watching princeton/lehigh that i taped earlier...the princeton numbers are literally not visible on tv...white numbers on white jersey outlined in orange...no pics yet, but they are bad...there are pics of their gloves at http://gear.insidelacrosse.com/news/2014/04/08/princeton-tigers-premiering-new-warrior-gear

Wouldn't be a College Lacrosse Uniform thread without Warrior screwing up Princeton in some way or another!

How are those even legal?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Princeton is orange and black. They couldn't fit black into the uniform anywhere?

Because it's not football or basketball. It's rather annoying.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...

St. John's breaking out some alts tonight against Penn

BmGgn11IgAA-eaq.jpg

I love the skyline on the sleeves. it is a much more subtle version of the Felipe Lopez uniforms.

20091119_lopez_250x375.jpg

Also, is that supposed to be a street map within the numbers?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

St. John's breaking out some alts tonight against Penn

BmGgn11IgAA-eaq.jpg

I love the skyline on the sleeves. it is a much more subtle version of the Felipe Lopez uniforms.

20091119_lopez_250x375.jpg

Also, is that supposed to be a street map within the numbers?

Yup. Easily one of the better alts I've seen in lacrosse, so kudos to UA on that one. The street map's subtle enough to not be a distraction but clear enough to be a cool touch

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• 2 months later...

Archived