Re-designed Calgary Flames "Flaming C' logo (fixed)

sparkychewbarky

Hi guys...

I thought I'd try a quick re-do of the Calgary Flames "Flaming C" logo.

I really liked the old Atlanta Flames logo.

It had a nice 'flickering flame' look with the interaction between the positive and negative shapes.

The transition to a flaming C didn't go too well IMO.

To me it looks like a C with bad hair.

So I thought that I'd attempt to make it look more "flame-ish".

I've always preferred the sans-black Flames so here is that version...

c-red.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it might have a better 'flow' if the block on the top of the 'c' either turned into another flame, or was gone. I don't know, I'd like to see how it would look like that, it kind of just looks like a random block in the logo which doesn't fit well with the rest. Other than that, this is on pace to be one of my favorite Calgary logo redesign takes.

I do like it, but I have always hated that serif. It just never works for Calgary in my opinion. Maybe its cause the actual city flag has a sans-serif C, or cause I see it as an aerodynamic look since the C is clearly moving. Everything else is realistic.

The one with the black, red and yellow is AMAZING! It literally looks like the C is on fire. They should use it. Though If I may suggest, if possible add as well the "smoke silver:" that the Abbottsford Heat uses.

Chew, its too easy for you to make awesome concepts.

Heres a challenge (I honestly have no idea if its feasible) is there a way to make the flames on the left look like an F?

May not be doable but it'd be freaking awesome.

Hi bleuet...Great minds think alike :lol: ...

I also kind of saw an "F" in the design as you observed.

I couldn't pull it off, although I still might try, as a "CF" design would be really unique.

I think it might have a better 'flow' if the block on the top of the 'c' either turned into another flame, or was gone. I don't know, I'd like to see how it would look like that, it kind of just looks like a random block in the logo which doesn't fit well with the rest. Other than that, this is on pace to be one of my favorite Calgary logo redesign takes.

I do like it, but I have always hated that serif. It just never works for Calgary in my opinion. Maybe its cause the actual city flag has a sans-serif C, or cause I see it as an aerodynamic look since the C is clearly moving. Everything else is realistic.

Good advice MrW. and #1.

Gotta have that "flow" in a hockey logo, and toning down the blockish "C" improved the logo I think.

Thanks...

And thanks to all as always for the feedback.

Here's the logo with the changes...

c-red3.jpg

c-black2.jpg

cal-t.jpg

Archived