Sign in to follow this  
sparky chewbarky

Re-designed Calgary Flames "Flaming C' logo (fixed)

I'm a big fan of that Uniform I think It's super modern but somehow still has a very classic look, Great work on the logo as well looks much more like a C that is on fire than a C and Fire had a baby

Thanks McElroy. The uni was a pretty generic design that was just created to display the logo.

However, I've come to like it also.

I lowered the stripes on the arms and stuck on the new logo...

calplayer3.jpg

Chew, its too easy for you to make awesome concepts.

Heres a challenge (I honestly have no idea if its feasible) is there a way to make the flames on the left look like an F?

May not be doable but it'd be freaking awesome.

Hi bleuet...Great minds think alike :lol: ...

I also kind of saw an "F" in the design as you observed.

I couldn't pull it off, although I still might try, as a "CF" design would be really unique.

I think it might have a better 'flow' if the block on the top of the 'c' either turned into another flame, or was gone. I don't know, I'd like to see how it would look like that, it kind of just looks like a random block in the logo which doesn't fit well with the rest. Other than that, this is on pace to be one of my favorite Calgary logo redesign takes.

I do like it, but I have always hated that serif. It just never works for Calgary in my opinion. Maybe its cause the actual city flag has a sans-serif C, or cause I see it as an aerodynamic look since the C is clearly moving. Everything else is realistic.

Good advice MrW. and #1.

Gotta have that "flow" in a hockey logo, and toning down the blockish "C" improved the logo I think.

Thanks...

And thanks to all as always for the feedback.

Here's the logo with the changes...

c-red3.jpg

c-black2.jpg

cal-t.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

The one with the black, red and yellow is AMAZING! It literally looks like the C is on fire. They should use it. Though If I may suggest, if possible add as well the "smoke silver:" that the Abbottsford Heat uses.

Thanks for the suggestion Garren. I'll check out that Abbottsford logo.

Chew, its too easy for you to make awesome concepts.

Heres a challenge (I honestly have no idea if its feasible) is there a way to make the flames on the left look like an F?

May not be doable but it'd be freaking awesome.

Hi bleuet...Great minds think alike :lol: ...

I also kind of saw an "F" in the design as you observed.

I couldn't pull it off, although I still might try, as a "CF" design would be really unique.

I think it might have a better 'flow' if the block on the top of the 'c' either turned into another flame, or was gone. I don't know, I'd like to see how it would look like that, it kind of just looks like a random block in the logo which doesn't fit well with the rest. Other than that, this is on pace to be one of my favorite Calgary logo redesign takes.

I do like it, but I have always hated that serif. It just never works for Calgary in my opinion. Maybe its cause the actual city flag has a sans-serif C, or cause I see it as an aerodynamic look since the C is clearly moving. Everything else is realistic.

Good advice MrW. and #1.

Gotta have that "flow" in a hockey logo, and toning down the blockish "C" improved the logo I think.

Thanks...

And thanks to all as always for the feedback.

Here's the logo with the changes...

c-red3.jpg

c-black2.jpg

cal-t.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks MrW.

Your suggestion made it much better.

Good eye on that.

I don't really have much to add but this is absolutely phenomenal!

The Flames have a bottom 5 logo in the NHL for me. As you say, it looks like a C with bad hair.

This update would take it into the top 10 at the very least.

Brilliant work.

Now it's perfect, get Calgary in these jerseys and maybe they will start winning!

Your logo on Wonka's jersey and they will be one of the best looking and most original brands out there!!

Wow! Calgary, take notice and buy these new versions of your logo right away from Sparky Chewbarky! Whatever the price that he will ask, it will be a small investment compared to the truckloads of cash that you will earn from selling merchandise with these beauties on it!

I don't really have much to add but this is absolutely phenomenal!

The Flames have a bottom 5 logo in the NHL for me. As you say, it looks like a C with bad hair.

This update would take it into the top 10 at the very least.

Brilliant work.

Thanks El...and I would think that, with a handle like El Scorcho...you would know your fire-theme logos.

Now it's perfect, get Calgary in these jerseys and maybe they will start winning!

Your logo on Wonka's jersey and they will be one of the best looking and most original brands out there!!

Thanks #1.

Wow! Calgary, take notice and buy these new versions of your logo right away from Sparky Chewbarky! Whatever the price that he will ask, it will be a small investment compared to the truckloads of cash that you will earn from selling merchandise with these beauties on it!

Would you like to be my agent, Ingmar?

Thank you.

This is what they need. Kudos.

I'm going to stand out from the crowd.

Sparky, this is some lame stuff, you need to look at what I got over on my threads, way better, saying this is garbage in an understatement. I pity you.

I do like your redesign, but the Flames logo is classic, it's uncomplicated, and gets it's point across.

You could seriously get away with doing that logo in one color. Great job.

What an intense redesign for Calgary. Awesome job in updating and giving them a sleek, yet vaguely intimidating logo.

I know i've already posted my kudos but after sleeping on it, this is the best logo update I have ever seen on these boards in terms of the gulf between old and new while still keeping the spirit of the old alive.

I picked the Blackhawks as my NHL team when I bought NHL99 because I thought they had the best logo/jersey combination. If this had been the Flames logo at the time I probably would be a Calgary fan right now.

I know professional sports teams as a rule don't take artwork they didn't commission and adopt it, but this could be the centrepiece in taking Calgary from one of the worst looks in the league to one of the best.

I do like your redesign, but the Flames logo is classic, it's uncomplicated, and gets it's point across.

This is where I'm at, minus the greengrocer's apostrophe. Great craftsmanship on display here, no question, but I wouldn't change the Flaming C for all the tea in China. Understand that I drink a lot of tea, too.