Official NACHAAC Thread (Hockey) - Seattle Mets Jerseys, and Rhode Island Logos

MrWonka

Do any of you remember my WIHL thread? I felt like that was starting off very well. The problem with that was, back then, all I was using to create logos was Photoshop. Now most of you know that PS is not the prefered application to create logos with. Recently I started getting to know Illustrator. Now that I think of myself an average goer with Ai, I decided to take another stab at a fake hockey league.

The first one I started was the WIHL that I mentioned above. This stood for 'Wonka's Imaginary Hockey League'. While I liked everything that was going on, most of those files are now gone. So instead of continuing that thread with some teams' identities I don't have anymore I decided to revamp this whole idea, and start fresh.

I now introduce to you all, the NACHAAC! National American and Canadian Hockey Association of America and Canada!

Yes, it's meant to have a comical twist on the name, so I don't want to hear about how it's not realistic. Deal with it, it's my thread.

(no logo yet for the league, I do plan on finishing one before I start releasing the complete sets of logos and jerseys for the team.)

This thread is not only just to show you guys the logos and jerseys. This thread is for you guys to help me along with the birth and growth of this fake league. If I'm ever stuck on a logo, you guys are here to help! If I'm ever stuck on a team name or a location, you guys are here to help. So I hope this will attract more people into the thread, knowing that they have some say in the league. (That's a big reason why I changed the name).

So, instead of this being a long post for someone to read, let's start getting into some information that I'm fine with releasing.

Current Teams in NACHAAC:

Eastern Conference

Hamilton Lynx

Rhode Island Anchors

Western Conference

Seattle Metropolitans

ATTENTION! ( I could care less what your view is on a team joining the league. I could care less if Atlanta probably couldn't hold another professional hockey team. This is fake for a reason, we can use our imagination for good.)

So without talking even more the next post in this will be starting this bad boy off!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice logo and I dig the league name. This should be a good series.

I feel like It's a good logo. At the same time I think somethings either missing something or needs to be changed.

I tried to incorporate a black and yellow color scheme like the old Hamilton Tigers, but it didn't look good at all. I really do like this color scheme though, but again, I'm willing to change if someone has another idea.

With just a few small changes, I already think this is a great improvement over the first attempt. I think I could be close to a final product very soon. I'd like to see what some of you think, but I'm liking this so far.

From old to new:

5ef5d3fdfa03d668a134361cf8ffb2a4.png2.03c2a3a82ad374921638823cc13407017.pngd91a03dfe8f95029047251f02274ae53.png3.0

I made the tufts of hair smaller, and made the whole logo slimmer. I thought it was getting too wide, and it looked fat, and fat didn't look fierce. With making the width less I think I made a younger, fiercer looking lynx. Almost done? Let me know!

It is a good start. I likeon the symmetry. The problem I see with it is the shading. What's a shadow on the right side is flipped into a highlight on the left side and that doesn't always work. For example, on the right side, you have a shadow around the eye to show that's it deep set. That's good. But on the opposite eye, the same area is white making it look like its bulging. It should be a shadow still just that the left eye shadow gets lost in the bigger shadow that is the left side of the face. Same thing goes for the ears and jawline. The left side looks like a photo negative of the right. Once you fix the shading, it will be much improved.

The chin is way pointy I think I would square it off and have the hair come from the corners of the chin more like a U and less like a V if that makes sense

Yes, the chin needs a definite upgrade.

It is a good start. I likeon the symmetry. The problem I see with it is the shading. What's a shadow on the right side is flipped into a highlight on the left side and that doesn't always work. For example, on the right side, you have a shadow around the eye to show that's it deep set. That's good. But on the opposite eye, the same area is white making it look like its bulging. It should be a shadow still just that the left eye shadow gets lost in the bigger shadow that is the left side of the face. Same thing goes for the ears and jawline. The left side looks like a photo negative of the right. Once you fix the shading, it will be much improved.

Shading is always a problem for me. At the same time, when you brought up 'negative' I also thought about that when I made the silver darker. I thought it could have maybe a different effect on the face. I'll definitely work on the shading though to see if I can improve it.

The mouth and eyes are a bit too smiley, seductive and almost feminine, maybe have it look a little more sternly and aggressive. Show some teeth and pupils. The lines, colours and shading are all right with me, nice design all in all.

I agree. My first step in this I'll probably move the 'eyebrows' down and have it overlap the actual eye. The mouth will be the tough part, but if I work on that it could also improve what McElroy has said above.

Add a little bit more blue to it, and I think you'll be good.

I'll see what I can change. I'm thinking about going for a blue jersey for the home. I wanted the blue to be a small accent on the logo, but it will probably be the main color in the jerseys. Maybe I can add some blue strokes in place of some things. Definitely will test some things out.

We'll see if there are more comments when I have more free time later, but hopefully version 4 will be ready later tonight. (I really hope so, I want to work on this right now, but school is more important sadly :(. Thanks all!

Looks way better now.

I agree, still trying to work on the 'snout' and mouth to make it look like it's farther from the face. Right now it kind of looks like it's just pasted on a flat face. A lot better than the start off one in my opinion.

What about adding those little tufts on the top of the ears? Kinda like this:

Lynx_lynx_poing.jpg

I...sort of did. If you look really close there is a small upward slope. I might make it a tad more noticeable, but I don't want to make them too big, for the sake of the length of the logo. I don't want it to bee too tall, or want those to grab attention. I will probably make them a tad more noticeable. Thanks for bringing it up.

ATTENTION: This will be one of the last updates on the logo. It's hard to please everyone with a logo, but as of right now I really like this. It's come a long way from the first take. I'm totally willing to change minor things that may be suggested, but here is the state that I'm at right now. Hell, this might be the last update.

a617970dac386fffca4b024b2766b5d0.png

Archived