OHL Re-Brand (entire league complete) *OUTDOOR CLASSIC ADDED*

_nxche

Its really good now; the sublimated stripes match up with the normal ones. Maybe have the alternate the complete barber pole style to tie it all together. It's the right amount of history with a modern design.

As for a suggestion as to what team next.... Barrie Colts haha... have fun with that.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I guess I'm the only one who likes the original better. IMO your logo worked better than the one on the second jersey set does.

How you said about the Armada being one of the only teams with a black and white color scheme, there's also TPS Turku of the Liiga (Finland) who, like the Armada have really sharp jerseys.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/europeantrophy/9648674720/in/set-72157635328612373/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/europeantrophy/9710052014/in/set-72157635452558074

(Don't know why it wouldn't let me upload these directly)

Too bad not many people care about Euro hockey.

To say I don't care sounds really mean. But I don't really follow European hockey, I do agree that they are nice uniforms! I feel like a minority when I say I really like black and white hockey jerseys!

Its really good now; the sublimated stripes match up with the normal ones. Maybe have the alternate the complete barber pole style to tie it all together. It's the right amount of history with a modern design.

As for a suggestion as to what team next.... Barrie Colts haha... have fun with that.

I like the barber pole idea a lot, and as for Barrie.. I'm jumping on that as we speak, that's definitely a challenge. Hopefully have them up by tomorrow if I don't get them finished tonight!

xOwzChW.jpg

The revised 67's jerseys look great, those sublimated barber pole stripes are the perfect way to give the team a fresh look. I'm a big fan of the rest of the series as well, I especially liked seeing the centre ice designs.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Barrie Colts

2nvr0v8.jpg

The Colts... not much to say about what they wear now other than yuck. The logo is a disaster, and the colour palette isn't utilized very well at all. The jerseys themselves are cookie cutter templates filled in MS Paint style. What I tried to do was bring in a modern striping pattern that could give Barrie their own look and give them a new logo to simplify and mature their brand. I chose to put the wordmark on the chest to give the jersey continuity and their new logo dawning the shoulder.

28wlylg.jpg

As for the alternate, I went in a completely different direction, trying to show the range of their new brand. I always thought Barrie should have a red alternate, considering the Colt on their current logo is wearing red, right?

32zhsag.jpg

Just as a side note, I finished each set before I even started the thread! For every new post I make I go back and make revisions to design flaws I didn't notice initially- in case you were curious!

Any suggestions on who I should do next?

xOwzChW.jpg

hmm, very different. The striping is very different. Maybe if the stripes formed more of a horseshoe shape, it could tie it together. The Alternate is perfect though. I actually think the horseshoe logo should be primary - btw what does the horseshoe look like sideways in the shape of a C, or possibly on a bit of an angle towards the top right?

After Barrie, I'm nervous to see the Gens. They are one of my 3 favourites, but I would hate to see them change. The multiple stripes are unique to them and that logo is already perfect. So to put me out of my misery, I'd like to see that next if you have it done haha.

1clkgtramg has done me a huge favour, and designed a "colt" logo for the Colts! I made extremely slight revisions to this, but all credit for the logo goes to him! I think it looks awesome.

2rpuvxl.jpg

262xy07.jpg

20tpiyc.jpg

I love the third jersey – in terms of the H and A jerseys, I would probably switch up the striping pattern to something a little more conventional.

please keep the jerseys coming, many of us are still following this!

The reason I'm trying to fade away from using traditional patterns for every team is because this is the OHL. These are young men playing, with a very, very young target audience. I like to keep that in mind as I design these!

xOwzChW.jpg

Oshawa Generals

21al3l.jpg

This is definitely one of my favourite identities in the O. The generals have such a distinctive look, I really couldn't change much. Wanted to give them a little bit of a retro feel and I made a new shoulder patch inspired by their Bruins-esque logo season!

2z840w7.jpg

The alternate jersey follows suit!

307w1l4.jpg

Who's next? We're almost done.

xOwzChW.jpg

Oshawa Generals

21al3l.jpg

This is definitely one of my favourite identities in the O. The generals have such a distinctive look, I really couldn't change much. Wanted to give them a little bit of a retro feel and I made a new shoulder patch inspired by their Bruins-esque logo season!

2z840w7.jpg

The alternate jersey follows suit!

307w1l4.jpg

Who's next? We're almost done.

Kingston. Oshawa is flawless. Subtle change that actually helps.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I think I need a cigarette... and I'm not even a smoker ;)

:shocked:

BTW, I've had an idea for a Generals' alternate logo for YEARS!!!!! but I know I don't have tohe talent to render it to give justice to the idea I'm visualizing, maybe I should share my idea with you...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

OMG! OMG! OMG! I think I need a cigarette... and I'm not even a smoker ;)

:shocked:

BTW, I've had an idea for a Generals' alternate logo for YEARS!!!!! but I know I don't have tohe talent to render it to give justice to the idea I'm visualizing, maybe I should share my idea with you...

I'm not the most skilled logo designer... I could give it a shot but I know that there is far better talent on this website! Believe me. Especially for logos!

xOwzChW.jpg

Gonna bust out the last few a bit quicker, I just wanted to thank everybody who has been following the post- whether you have just been lurking, giving positive feedback, or giving me suggestions- I appreciate it all! I honestly didn't think I was going to get such good reception on an OHL thread, so that's pretty cool. Besides a few other hobbies and passions, uniform design is one of my favourites! So I look to contribute my designs pretty often from now on. NHL Stadium Series 2015 up next? I'll make that one interactive as far as match-ups and locations go.

By the way I'm sorry to all the Kingston fans in advance, I'm not sure if what I did was okay or not- Don't hate me!

Kingston Frontenacs

2cxyrlc.jpg

Colour palette is a little different, I know. But why have two teams with black and yellow colour schemes? Makes no sense. And I'm well aware that Sarnia came into the league 5 years after the Frontenacs BUT what other colours could you give a team named the Sting? Anyways, Kingston doesn't even use their own brand- they're basically the Bruins. Even with the jerseys they introduced last year, I look at them and they are so Bruin-ish. Thus stating my argument on why I changed the colours! Why I chose purple? The Kingston brand have changed their colours several times over the course of their existence, clearly nothing has worked (if you consider their current palette a bust). Purple is the colour of royalty, fitting for a team starting with the word "King" If their name didn't have such sentiment to the area they play I would without a doubt change their name as well. Kingston Frontenacs is just so long! As you can tell, I'm not a huge fan of this teams branding, even for an OHL club it could be 10x better. As far as I know Kingston is it's own municipality, outside of Frontenac jurisdiction... So I was thinking Kingston Royals- or even the Kingston Kings to play on the whole "King" part of the city name! That's super fun, I mean it is an OHL team come on why such a serious brand?

As for the jersey, the vintage style is used to commemorate Kingston itself. Think about it, it's a hugely decorated city in Canadian history! First capital of Canada, first French trading post in Canada, all the military history? Definitely a brand that deserves some faux-heritage! Simple "K" to represent the city- nothing more nothing less. I'm sure you guys wont like the jersey initially, but after going over my reasoning I hope you could at least appreciate it. And now there is a purple team in the OHL. I think this works if you ask me. Once again, you don't see the name Frontenacs anywhere on the design. I'm simply keeping this for tradition's sake.

dp8hp4.jpg

EDIT: I did some research, Kingston is no longer a part of the Frontenac county...

xOwzChW.jpg

Do the QMJHL next, because those jerseys are GOD AWEFUL.

That's not a bad idea... Only thing is, doing the entire OHL took me a very long time! Like I said, I had these designs all finished before I attempted to run this thread. That's all while knowing the league pretty well, the teams historys, as well as the area. But I will give it a shot and see if I can make a thread out of it over time.

xOwzChW.jpg

Yay you left Oshawa the same, thank you lmfao!!!

Is that a cream/heritage white or just white with the way the jersey it? Cause Heritage White and Purple would be cool anyway, I do like the change. Actually, I miss the Dallas Stars version of Kingston. I never thought that logo was bad but oh well.

If you do fix the Q and then maybe do WHL, to see a Stadium Series/Heritage Classic for the entire Canadian Hockey league :)
Just trying to think of a concept series that hasnt been done before.

are the Sting, Petes, Bulls and Knights the only ones left? :( save the knights for last haha

Yay you left Oshawa the same, thank you lmfao!!!

Is that a cream/heritage white or just white with the way the jersey it? Cause Heritage White and Purple would be cool anyway, I do like the change. Actually, I miss the Dallas Stars version of Kingston. I never thought that logo was bad but oh well.

If you do fix the Q and then maybe do WHL, to see a Stadium Series/Heritage Classic for the entire Canadian Hockey league :)

Just trying to think of a concept series that hasnt been done before.

are the Sting, Petes, Bulls and Knights the only ones left? :( save the knights for last haha

That is a vintage white, thought it was cool!

And (what was formally) the Niagra Ice Dogs! Remember, the Mississauga Ice Dogs were the Steelheads- leaving Niagra without a brand! Who should be next?

And in regards to the Q and the WHL I'll give it a shot, wish me luck. Just really tough when you don't know a teams background, let alone the proper way to pronounce their names hahaha :D

xOwzChW.jpg

Archived