_nxche

OHL Re-Brand (entire league complete) *OUTDOOR CLASSIC ADDED*

I thought St Mikes where the Steelheads? Ice Dogs went from Sauga > St Cats > Sauga in your world. Then the Steelheads/Majors went from Toronto > Sauga > still unknown right? Lol, too many series' that I follow on here, so I may be mistaken.

I still feel an Expansion for the OHL is needed somewhere of something. Cornwall, Markham, Newmarket (York Region without a team still makes no sense to me especially if they want to take their new arena seriously), Bring back a St Cats team, and maybe a Toronto team (Scarborough) and thats about all I can think of.

Lets get the Petes over with next!

I thought St Mikes where the Steelheads? Ice Dogs went from Sauga > St Cats > Sauga in your world. Then the Steelheads/Majors went from Toronto > Sauga > still unknown right? Lol, too many series' that I follow on here, so I may be mistaken.

I still feel an Expansion for the OHL is needed somewhere of something. Cornwall, Markham, Newmarket (York Region without a team still makes no sense to me especially if they want to take their new arena seriously), Bring back a St Cats team, and maybe a Toronto team (Scarborough) and thats about all I can think of.

Lets get the Petes over with next!

Mississauga Steelheads > Mississauga Ice Dogs

Niagra Ice Dogs > ??????????

Petes next!

You can now find links to all the jerseys at the top of this thread, that way you don't have to go through all the pages!

Peterborough Petes

guctIz9.jpg

The Petes have a pretty steady brand, but I'm not the biggest fan. It seems so passive and boring. Usually I'm a fan of two-colour sets but this doesn't work for me. I added black, and a vegas gold from their '07-'09 alternates. I was actually a fan of that colour palette, it's very seldom used. I used a traditional striping pattern for continuity with the logo. The sleeve numbers would be over the sleeve stripes, of course.

xwBgUVk.jpg

The alternate goes back to their original colours for the fans! Faux-back type of jersey.

kmKDUi8.jpg

Who's next?

London Knights

vIAeliZ.jpg

I will never understand why the Knights took this logo of their jerseys! This is probably the best logo in the CHL, let alone the OHL. So I brought them back, along with an updated, modernized version of the first jerseys the Knights wore with this logo. Sort of a revamp of this identity! I love this set personally. The Knights brand has so much potential, and it's being wasted right now in my opinion.

VwFmLvG.jpg

Almost done guys! Belleville, Sarnia, or Niagra next??

Awesome. I do like the old school Knight head too though, maybe keep it on a black alternate?

Awesome stuff! I think the new/old knights logo would be perfect for an NHL team, but this being Major Junior, I do prefer the robo-knight. Glad both of these teams stayed similar.

Also, now I see how the Ice Dogs issue went. Are you still planning a location for the Niagara Ice Dogs or is it still open for discussion?

Nice, though on the Knights jersey I'd do something with the yoke, there's a pretty big empty space there. But as is it's still pretty good!

Sarnia please.

Awesome stuff! I think the new/old knights logo would be perfect for an NHL team, but this being Major Junior, I do prefer the robo-knight. Glad both of these teams stayed similar.

Also, now I see how the Ice Dogs issue went. Are you still planning a location for the Niagara Ice Dogs or is it still open for discussion?

Like I've said, I finished all of these prior to even starting the thread so I already finished the rebrand for Niagra. They are the St. Catharines Hawks (Re-birth of the St. Catharines Blackhawks). More on that when I post the jerseys!

Until then I will make a black alternate for the Knights with the original logo, then post Sarnia!

much better than their current home jerseys

Sarnia Sting

73pWCiC.jpg

Sarnia needs modern jerseys that are still bold without looking too childish. Their logo is very cartoony- but really good too. I feel like the jerseys they use now just don't do them much justice. I think I did a decent job at making a jersey that represents a team named "Sting" while still keeping it somewhat traditional.

T3KENi1.jpg

Not much to say about these sets, seems pretty self explanatory right?

Cfv9Ab9.jpg

Lose one of the stripes on the arm. Not quite sure why, but I have a feeling that it'll look a lot better. You're doing your 'Kingston is now purple because Who needs 2 black and gold teams?" statement justice with this, but I'm not totally sure about the jersey.... don't get me wrong, very nice concept though :P . Good work. Belleville Next?

Lose one of the stripes on the arm. Not quite sure why, but I have a feeling that it'll look a lot better. You're doing your 'Kingston is now purple because Who needs 2 black and gold teams?" statement justice with this, but I'm not totally sure about the jersey.... don't get me wrong, very nice concept though :P . Good work. Belleville Next?

I'm not a huge fan myself, but I didn't want a Bruin looking jersey and I wanted the whole bumble bee look to be there...

I think I got what I was trying to accomplish! I'm just upset that I wasn't able to post this until the end, since it isn't one of the stronger identities. I'm going to post Belleville right now because I'm trying to get these last two out as quick as I can! Haha, this took longer than I expected...

Belleville Bulls

7m5JuWM.jpg

Next to the Knights, this is my second favourite logo in the CHL. It's pretty dope if you ask me! I'm getting a little lazy with the explanations, I'm sorry! But what I went for here was a classic Flames colour palette, getting rid of the black and keeping things simple. Keeping in mind that this is the O I went for a fun sleeve pattern! I really like how this one turned out, it looks classic but not really... It's different! Can't put my finger on it but I like it.

4k20HDa.jpg

Wow, the Bulls are very nice! I too like this logo over the cartoon thing, Whats weird is that a logo this detailed would usually look bad but for some reason, it just works!

The Sting, again, I too like the logo. The jerseys are pretty unique but I was hoping for a Gold alt with endless black stripes everywhere. No white, just Gold and Black. Something completely different from the home/away design.

anyway I'm sad to see this re-brand come to a close, your designs have been very refreshing! I was getting real tired of damn Football Crossovers and very little minor league/junior leagues rebrands.

Last team guys! After this I have but one more thing left to post.

St. Catharines Hawks (Niagara Ice Dogs)

Ea3cXS9.jpg

Since Sauga claimed back their Ice Dogs brand, Niagara area was left to rebrand themselves. What I decided to do was dip into tradition and bring back the St. Catharines Blackhawks! I just trimmed down the unnecessarily long name, leaving us with the Hawks! I went for a sort of native feel with these jerseys- logo wise, striping pattern, and colour. I don't know if you get that vibe, but that was what I was trying to go for. After all, with a team name that honours the native settlers it is only fitting for a brand to take the same direction!

4jk2vdk.jpg

One more post guys and this thread is gone... For future reference I have left the links on the first post in this thread! You can either jump to my entire Imgur page (where there is only the OHL at the moment) that will hopefully be filled up with more concepts in the future, or go to each teams individual albums! If I do choose to add more jerseys for these teams I will definitely be posting them here. Thanks again for your support, and I'll make that next post asap.

Sometimes simplicity is all thats needed. I quite like it. The jersey overall looks very unique. I don't think I have seen a shoulder yoke quite like that and the striping reminds me of the St Cats logo. Was this perhaps part of your inspiration behind the striping?

By the way its spelled Niagara lmfao!! I had troubles with it forever too.

Sometimes simplicity is all thats needed. I quite like it. The jersey overall looks very unique. I don't think I have seen a shoulder yoke quite like that and the striping reminds me of the St Cats logo. Was this perhaps part of your inspiration behind the striping?

By the way its spelled Niagara lmfao!! I had troubles with it forever too.

Well maybe they should pronounce that second A..... haha

As for the striping, I didn't even notice the similarities until you mentioned it, I guess it's a nice touch though regardless!

Here's the last post guys!

Outdoor Classic

pKeq1WY.jpg

Make your way to Downtown Toronto to watch the Generals take on the Wolves in the "OHL 2014 Outdoor Classic". That is assuming these changes were made for this season.

bUoros6.jpg

Outdoor Classic looks beautiful.