Seattle Supersonics Modernization (Complete) - Alternates

SFGiants58

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo looks great now. Fixing the contrail really uncluttered it. My only further suggestion would be on the uniforms instead of having the primary logo on the shorts have one of the secondary logos instead, and perhaps not as big.

28mmjrr.jpg

The primary now looks perfect. The unis look spectacular. I'm not big on the number font, but they do work - and you're right, they're much better than the numbers from the wordmark's font.

I also like that you unitalicized the primary's wordmark. If the Sonics ever come back to Seattle, I would love to see this in person.

Really like the designs. Only thing that bothers me is the Space Needle in the secondary logo, It's the top of the Space Needle in the Seattle Sounders logo. Other than that, everything is very well done.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Thanks for the C+C. Here are the home and roads with a smaller shorts logo:

Home

12372974073_c44fcdc9d2_c.jpg

Road

12372973513_47b2f9aa66_c.jpg

Now the alternates. The first one is a yellow alternate, much like the one from the final set. Unlike that... thing, it is a recolor of the home uniform instead of the road uniform. Also, I feel that the green with white/green outlines jumps out more than white with green outlines. The other one is a Hardwood Classics alt, based on this.

Home/Road Alt

12300143756_ac86a3765c_c.jpg

Hardwood Classics Alt

12250208384_c45e50966d_c.jpg

Of all the concepts I've done, I'd like to say that this has been one of my favorites to design. Thanks guys for all the C+C.

Really WOW!!!!! great job. Only changes I would make would be ditching secondary logos and putting tertiary logo at center court. also what about jersey numbers matching font of script. block numbers seem a bit off when rest of design is more modern? would love to see it if your interested in those adjustments but overall great job.

Very like set of unis - great upgrade of the Sonics logo!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think this an okc (okay concept, pun intended). To be honest, the fonts you use bring your concept down plus the double outline is unnecessary. Try a more modern but simple font instead. And maybe swap the colors of the plane and outline (including the tail). The white tail kinda looks weird where as a green one could fit in even be used a line for the ball.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Some suggestions:

1) Make them like the lakers by having a yellow home and green road (both with colour).

2) Also, smaller jet. To me, It looks like the proportions are too far off.

Of course, Great work, I love this.

Thanks for the C+C guys, I tried several contrail options. The green contrail blurred in with the rest of the logo, and the four-to-one contrail looked too busy. So, I compromised and went with a white contrail that tails off.

12359864635_ef07e5fbe5_c.jpg

12360019533_366afa815b_b.jpg

12360392514_39e1c2cff4_b.jpg

With a white, tapering contrail, not only is it cleaner and less sizable than the old one, it also alludes to the inaugural logo/tertiary.

Love it. Just as you said, cleaner in every way. Awesome job man. Awesome job.

sig.png

• 1 month later...

Archived