UHL - An Alternate Fantasy Hockey League

BrooklynTrblmkr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our team will be in the Bay Area, CA. Name still to be voted on by the fans. Once the name is established, we will have colors and logos. Voting ends on Monday so next week we will reveal the winning name. Thanks for the opportunity to be creative and have some fun! Names suggestions are welcome also.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

So, my history isn't going to be as expansive MDHgoalie39's, but here it goes:

Halifax Highlanders

The Highlanders were created back in the 1980's as part of an independent hockey league in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. As part of the 1982 MHL (Maritime Hockey League) expansion, it was either between the Halifax Wryms or Highlanders. During their time in the time in the league, they had the nickname "Medians" due to them being the middle team in rankings each season. During the league's last season (1991) the Highlanders, pulled through and managed to win the Champion's Cup. Following this last season, the NHL bought the MHL in fear of losing Nordiques markets. Given that the team was without a league, many players either retired or moved on with their lives. When rumors raised about NHL expansion, the city of Halifax jumped the gun, trying desperately to get a team back. And as a result, the Halifax Highlanders are back.

About the Team:

Highest win streak: W9 (1991)

Highest lose streak: L6 (1982)

Highest OT streak: OT3 (1991)

Team Colors: Scarlet, Kelly Green, Forest Green, and White

AHL Team: Saint John's Stags (Icecaps don't exist)

Team Colors: Brown, Gold, Navy, and White

That's what- She

Bay Area Hockey, LLC is proud to announce that their AHL affilliate will be the San Francisco Spiders. The Spiders are re-born after moving the team from Syracuse. The Crunch were not drawing crowds which caused the team to bleed money. After three losing seasons and losing their affilliate NHL Ducks, they were bought and moved out west. The Spiders were a fan favorite before having the team up and moved after one season in the IHL in 1995.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

In this league territorial rights are a non-issue! Unfortunately the Ontario region has been claimed. :( We'd still love to have you, tho.

Hmm...... then how about I take the Hartford region, as that's my second home? (I'm a dual-citizen) I'll bring back the Danbury Trashers as my AHL team........

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I am intrigued, is there a map I can see with the available regions please?

Also, that link you posted goes to a 404 Not Found Page.

I see... I forgot a letter. Here ya go: http://uhlfhl.webs.com/

As for the map, I had a little trouble generating one (the colors wouldn't work for some odd reason). So the list of regions is as follows:

1. QUEBEC ATLANTIC - Quebec, Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island

2. NORTH - Ontario, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Western Pennsylvania, Northern New York

3. NEW ENGLAND - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Conecticut

4. ATLANTIC - Southern New York, New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, DC

5. SOUTH - Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, N. & S. Carolina, Florida

6. CENTRAL - Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma

7. MOUNTAIN - Alberta, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada

8. PACIFIC - British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, California

Brooklyn_zps7f6a94db.jpg

I would like to claim the South, please;

North Carolina Zips

In 1995, George Preston Daytona, a wealthy businessman announced he would spearhead a campaign to bring professional hockey to North Carolina. The town he picked; his hometown of North Wilkesboro was far too small for the hustle and bustle NHL hockey would bring. Eventually, the NHL accepted a plan to bring hockey to Raleigh, North Carolina and left Daytona steaming. Fast forward to 2005, with the upstart UHL gaining traction, Daytona sought the perfect opportunity to get back at the NHL for spurning his plan. To unite the fans with a common goal, he rebranded his team and called them "North Carolina" instead of North Wilkesboro. Determined more then ever to bring high-action hockey to his small hometown, he surprised everyone with a run to the finals in 2005. The team was called North Carolina Mountaineers at that time, to honor the mountaineers who walked up and down the Appalachian Trail. Although they got swept (I assume this is best-of playoff series), fans flocked to both home games during the Finals. But, Daytona needed a flashier name to keep the fans interest. He chose Zips after seeing a practice and how his players "zipped" up and down the rink. The Zips had little success after their magical 2005 run, and Daytona is determined to show the Zips weren't a flash in the pan.

Statistics

UHL Runners-Up: (2005)

Leading Scorer: Patrick Bellafontaine

Leading Goalie: Rob Numbers

AHL Affiliate: Rockford Ice Hogs (Renamed Bristol Concrete Racers)

Team Colors: Navy Blue, Gold, White and Black

(About players, do we have liberties here, or do they have to be real hockey players?)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived