Pittsburgh Penguins Alternate Jersey Concept

MigratingToast

Hi all. This is my first concept so c/c is very welcome.

I went for a classic, clean looking jersey because I love the old fashioned kind of look. However I used the newer "Vegas Gold" to try to modernize it and keep the Penguin identity unique.

S8RBr7x.png

My name is Rod and I like to party.

vegas gold and white have a tendency to blend together at distance. they're too similar. Creates a smudged effect. Though it has been done in varying amounts, I think the Penguins' numbers, which have been unchanged since they were on the 2000 3rd jersey, demonstrates that perfectly. White and gold never touch, and they're always highly legible because of it.

I think eliminating white altogether, except for in the logo and numbers, would look pretty sharp. Use white the way the Wild use red in their new white sweaters.

It's good, but I think there might be some better ideas in this same vein.

Oh, and this might or might not bother anybody, but I just realized you have the same look as the Leafs but in black and gold. Between Tampa Bay and Carolina, they're a bit sensitive about their jersey patterns recently lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

vegas gold and white have a tendency to blend together at distance. they're too similar. Creates a smudged effect. Though it has been done in varying amounts, I think the Penguins' numbers, which have been unchanged since they were on the 2000 3rd jersey, demonstrates that perfectly. White and gold never touch, and they're always highly legible because of it.

I think eliminating white altogether, except for in the logo and numbers, would look pretty sharp. Use white the way the Wild use red in their new white sweaters.

It's good, but I think there might be some better ideas in this same vein.

Oh, and this might or might not bother anybody, but I just realized you have the same look as the Leafs but in black and gold. Between Tampa Bay and Carolina, they're a bit sensitive about their jersey patterns recently lol

Yeah I actually love both the Leafs and the Carolina jerseys. I really like your point about eliminating white. I was also thinking about using various stripe widths as well all being Vegas gold. Also the comment about the Wild jerseys makes a lot of sense too. So to recap you mentioned my 3 favorite jerseys in the NHL haha (Wild away, Leafs, Carolina)

My name is Rod and I like to party.

Have to say I liked the original better, this just looks like one of those jerseys that you can buy at Walmart or Target. White needs to make a comeback in the outer stripes, and the vegas yoke has to go, then it should look better.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I say bring back some white, just don't let the white and gold touch and you should be good! Right now there are 2 issues I see with the jersey: 1. Striping is all over the place, you nailed it on the first one with the stripes- maybe go back to that but separate the gold and white? 2. Looks like a Drake inspired OVO jersey, not the first thing I'd want a hockey jersey to remind me of.

xOwzChW.jpg

Simple and clean - don't clutter it up with a bunch of other stuff. Nice touch with the city logo on the shoulders.

Great job "toast"!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived