Classic Super Bowl End Zone Concepts

andycumbee19

Currently working on a Bucs creamsicle SBEZ, but I've come across 2 problems.

1. That era of Bucs football didn't have a team-specific wordmark. I know they used a generic "Tampa Bay" font in their home end zones, but that obviously wouldn't work for a SBEZ. I'm gonna use my imagination since these are just concepts, after all.

2. Back in those days I seem to recall them being in the AFC. When did They switch to NFC? Or am I just Wrong about the AFC thing?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Currently working on a Bucs creamsicle SBEZ, but I've come across 2 problems.

1. That era of Bucs football didn't have a team-specific wordmark. I know they used a generic "Tampa Bay" font in their home end zones, but that obviously wouldn't work for a SBEZ. I'm gonna use my imagination since these are just concepts, after all.

2. Back in those days I seem to recall them being in the AFC. When did They switch to NFC? Or am I just Wrong about the AFC thing?

The Bucs played their original season in the AFC west, then switched with the Seahawks after the season and moved to the NFC.

Cant wait to see the Cowboys one.....I really miss these types of end zones.....they made the field stand out in the Super Bowl .........any reason why the No Fun Leauge got away from this?

6 of Dallas's Super Bowl appearances had the giant helmets in the endzones. (Only ones that didn't were 5 and 6 which had the logo in a small circle).

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXohX6ivKvIS6csevUfZaxPF7NNPQJMIKvWa3YdY6F3l22i_dK

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Fantastic work!! Always dreamed in my head how these end zones would appear as a kid. Painted Super Bowl fields enjoyed their prime throughout the 1980's & 90's. Unfortunately, the last of the Super Bowl fields of the "prime age" appeared in 2001 when they painted the team colors around the "numbers" and the painted team color stripe on the 20's. Months before Super Bowl XLIV, I wrote George Toma requesting helmet end zones & team colored number outlines etc. Obviously it did not happen and Toma was involved at one time. Hopefully this will brought back ... By the way, this year was the worst as far as Super Bowl fields. When they painted the end zones under the canopy, they must of been mixed up with the Giant/Jet endzone logo alignments.

Archived