NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Bout time for this I suppose. To start us off, some descriptions from Uni Watch:

Last month I had exclusive news on new uni designs being developed for the Nets and Hornets. The same source who provided me with that scoop recently got back in touch with more NBA news, this time regarding a bunch of new uniforms to which he’s had access.

Just like last time, it’s not clear whether these new designs are prototypes, or still in development, or what. No visuals, either — just descriptions. Here’s what my source saw:

• There was a sleeved Warriors jersey in very dark gray, with a dark gray logo on the front and yellow numbers.

• There was another sleeved Warriors jersey (Golden State is apparently trying to set some kind of record in this category), this time in black with red and gold trim, and with Chinese characters on the front where the uni number would normally be.

• There was also a Magic jersey that’s essentially the same as their current home jersey, but in gray and with sleeves.

• And there was a new edition of the Raptors’ original purple uniform — a throwback for next season, perhaps..?

• My source also saw what appeared to be the 2015 All-Star warm-ups. They were black and white, had hoods, and basically had what my source describes as “a boxing look” (which would make sense, because next season’s All-Star Game is being played at Madison Square Garden, which still likes to call itself “the Mecca of Boxing,” even though it hasn’t hosted a fight of any significance in over a decade). The sleeves had patches on the arms for personal achievements — MVP, Rookie of the Year, etc.

• Related to the above: There was also a Lakers jersey and a Bulls jersey. Standard tank tops, no sleeves. The Lakers design was very dark gray with a white wordmark and numbers, and the Bulls design was a light silver with red letters and numbers. For reasons not worth explaining here, my source thinks these could be the templates for next year’s All-Star uniforms. If so, that would mean the league is doing something similar to the All-Star concepts recently proposed by Uni Watch reader Scott Moody (but Scott’s color choices for the two conferences were a lot better than dark gray and light silver).

As usual, none of that seems appealing.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A kid I used to go to school with had a gray pinstriped Orlando Magic jersey and I was always very jealous of it because it looked great. These will look decidedly less great, because they will have the current wordmark and sleeves, but they do have more potential than the rest of what's mentioned.

On another topic, shouldn't we change BFBS, GFGS, and SFSS(Sleeves) to BF$S, GF$S, and SF$S?

Bout time for this I suppose. To start us off, some descriptions from Uni Watch:

Last month I had exclusive news on new uni designs being developed for the Nets and Hornets. The same source who provided me with that scoop recently got back in touch with more NBA news, this time regarding a bunch of new uniforms to which he’s had access.

Just like last time, it’s not clear whether these new designs are prototypes, or still in development, or what. No visuals, either — just descriptions. Here’s what my source saw:

• There was a sleeved Warriors jersey in very dark gray, with a dark gray logo on the front and yellow numbers.

• There was another sleeved Warriors jersey (Golden State is apparently trying to set some kind of record in this category), this time in black with red and gold trim, and with Chinese characters on the front where the uni number would normally be.

As usual, none of that seems appealing.

The Warriors wanted that Chinese New Years jersey for last nights game. There was an article about it back in October. Looks like NBA told them it was too late. Maybe they will get it next year.

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Chinese-New-Year-jersey-in-works-for-Warriors-4905555.php

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I actually don't hate the idea of recolored team jerseys as All-Star jerseys, and it seems like they'd sell better than your typical "West All-Stars" jersey which I hardly ever see in the wild. Wonder if they're for the Saturday night events, though? Just guessing.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived