NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the serif wordmark on those gray Celtics alts? Looks like the kind of mistake you'd find on a counterfeit bought overseas.

nba_g_brussell_300.jpg

That font may be the one thing I do like on the jerseys.

B1zQmhiIMAAZx78.png

That might be it.

I'm a big Celtics fan, but I'm not a fan of these at all.

I wish they were green and gold like their St. Patricks Day ones, but I guess if they are still going to wear those, they can't be too similar.

Screen-shot-2014-11-06-at-10.25.36-PM.pn

I find it amusing that Marcus Smart got his 33 number tattoo'd but can't continue to wear it in the pros. Seeing the 3363 caught my eye.

As for the uniforms, no thanks. Count me as not a fan.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

These are horrible. Just horrendous. Nothing says "pride" about wearing a color unrelated to your team, in a template that's different from your regular jerseys, with random patches of color and sleeves. The template alone is so bad that these would be awful even if they were in team colors.

The NBA is going to hell. We're getting ads on all jerseys soon. And even the uniform change unrelated to ads, the title patch on the necks, is dumb, pointless and makes the jerseys look worse. Within ten years, we'll have Adidas or Nike outfitting teams with 40 random color jerseys each year, ads will fully supplant team wordmarks on the jersey chests, and we'll prove that Americans can be just as shameful and tacky as Europeans when it comes to sports aesthetics.

I just hope the Bulls have enough duct tape to hold Derrick Rose's knees together so they can win another championship before I inevitably can't take it any more and completely give up on the NBA.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

For everyone saying that the Celtics in sleeved unis is sacrilege, they began their existence in sleeves:

8506592453_a3292e3bc4_z.jpg

Not defending the unis in any way (they're pretty terrible), but there is precedent....

They should have at least pretended to attempt to model the new sleeved alts after these.

For shame Celtics. For shame.

90758391980.gif

For everyone saying that the Celtics in sleeved unis is sacrilege, they began their existence in sleeves:

Not defending the unis in any way (they're pretty terrible), but there is precedent....

So then they should bring those back rather than put out a jersey that "celebrates the past" in a non-team color with a hyper-modern design that does not fit the team even a little bit.

On a purely logistical level, I don't get why the numbers white rather than green or even black on such a light grey jersey. Also don't understand why they're bringing back the 60s serif font on this thing, of all the jerseys to do so.

On a more subjective level, JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY YOU ARE THE CELTICS, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS.\

I hope this at least means the black-trim alternates are dead. I can't handle two separate Celtic abominations of this level.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

What's with the serif wordmark on those gray Celtics alts? Looks like the kind of mistake you'd find on a counterfeit bought overseas.

nba_g_brussell_300.jpg

I guess, but even those uniforms had radially arched letters, not vertically arched like the standard sans-serif wordmark. I know this sounds like a half-baked complaint, but it still just looks ... off.

Sleeves in general would at least be palatable if design aspects were at least incorporated into the overall uniform design, but every sleeve on every sleeved jersey has been a solid color with little thought put into them; there's not even cuff stripes on them.

Because of this, I'm convinced that sleeves will be prime real estate for ads in the future; this is why the NBA is pushing for them now. Why else were they on last year's Christmas uniforms? Why are they being forced onto the pride jerseys? It's all part of the testing process, fan reactions be damned.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there is an image of the Bobcats jersey that would match these shorts? If not, someone mind doing a quick mockup?

bobcats_alt_shorts.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there is an image of the Bobcats jersey that would match these shorts? If not, someone mind doing a quick mockup?

bobcats_alt_shorts.png

It would probably be a sawft blue in the vein of their last jersey's with Bobcats or Charlotte on the chest. Since they had Cats on the home jersey it would make sense to just have Bobcats.

bobcats_alt_shorts.png

It would probably be a sawft blue in the vein of their last jersey's with Bobcats or Charlotte on the chest. Since they had Cats on the home jersey it would make sense to just have Bobcats.

I had brought this up a couple years ago regarding these Bobcats shorts. Apparently according to the Adidas catalog the Bobcats had an alternate third jersey that they were going to unveil but never did when they got rights to the Hornets. I'm thinking these were the shorts to those unis. I will have to fine my old post to the eBay link which they were being sold on. Good find again.

Edit: found the link but images are gone. :-(

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151246463434

shado_logo.gif

Raptors are wearing throwbacks tonight.

And there will be sea of purple in ACC :notworthy:

10808736_791742564220860_1743424798_n.jp

B13z4JHIQAAdaXN.jpg

Toronto should've never dropped the purple in the first place.

Its also not too late to bring it back... (!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived