NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the Pelicans worn their navy jerseys yet this season? Every game I see them in they're in the new red alts. I'm afraid in 5 years time they'll go the route the Nets did and drop the navy jersey for an accent-color-primary-road uniform

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Didn't Adidas and the league admit over the summer that the sleeved jerseys aren't selling well? Plus the players hate them. Why are they continuing to force this crap anyway?

$> Public Consensus. I'm sure Adidas is being paid hand over fist by the league for these jersey's or vice versa.

I was starting to think the same thing..Adidas NEEDS the NBA's consent. Obviously someone with a lot of power is overextendeding their power on this issue.

Remember the "new" NBA game ball several years ago.

newball_060628_250jd.jpg

After a few months and player complaints. They admit their mistakes THEN ditched it immediately for the old(current) versions. How come they haven't done the same is besides me?

The difference here is that the ball thing was a league-wide deal. Jersey's are done on a team-by-team basis. Adidas isn't giving anybody a sleeved jersey unless they sign off on it (sans Christmas and the All-Star game). If a player has an issue with wearing a sleeved jersey he needs to take it up with his team's management.

This was true until this happened:

Because their camo jersey has been changed to sleeved like all other pride jerseys.

Now it's only a matter of time before all teams wear their pride jersey and are forced into having sleeves in their uni set. And that's a shame. Not to mention the All-Star sleeved jerseys also being league-wide, albeit for a select few players in the league

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there is an image of the Bobcats jersey that would match these shorts? If not, someone mind doing a quick mockup?

bobcats_alt_shorts.png

asdasdas.jpg
This picture is fake but cool!! At least we can imagine how they would have looked.

Another note: According to the "catalog", we still have yet to see Pride unis from the Nets, Hawks, Suns, Heat, Warriors. Just anxiously awaiting the next sleeved abomination.

shado_logo.gif

they're basically primary logos as it is, b/c every media outlet has been instructed to use those logos for anything pertaining to the Jazz or Hawks. and i'm sure most, if not all, of marketing materials produced by the teams will feature those "alternate in name only" logos.

nonetheless, it's good to seem them everywhere. just feels right.

they're basically primary logos as it is, b/c every media outlet has been instructed to use those logos for anything pertaining to the Jazz or Hawks. and i'm sure most, if not all, of marketing materials produced by the teams will feature those "alternate in name only" logos.

nonetheless, it's good to seem them everywhere. just feels right.

Similarly, the Clippers seem to be phasing out the primary logo in favor of the home script wordmark, as evident from the team's ad campaigns, Twitter profile picture and broadcast graphics. It makes me think that a rebrand is on the horizon at some point.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Have the Pelicans worn their navy jerseys yet this season? Every game I see them in they're in the new red alts. I'm afraid in 5 years time they'll go the route the Nets did and drop the navy jersey for an accent-color-primary-road uniform

Ideally I would love at an eventual point for a potential gold uniform to replace the barren white uniforms.

GR30a5H.png

Archived