NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the color scheme for Charlotte, but the execution of the uniforms is so bland it ruins it for me.

I hate how blocky and generic the side panels are. There's no inspiration behind the design. The numbers are just as bad. Solid purple looks terrible on solid teal. All around horrendously done uniforms.

A shame because their rebrand, especially the logos, was so incredibly well done.

I love the color scheme for Charlotte, but the execution of the uniforms is so bland it ruins it for me.

I hate how blocky and generic the side panels are. There's no inspiration behind the design. The numbers are just as bad. Solid purple looks terrible on solid teal. All around horrendously done uniforms.

A shame because their rebrand, especially the logos, was so incredibly well done.

Couldn't disagree more with you.

I agree. It looks like they had separate firms design their logos and uniforms. The logos are all well done with sharp angles and the uniforms like you said are blocky and a little too vanilla. Just no cohesion with the rest of their branding which seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I agree. It looks like they had separate firms design their logos and uniforms. The logos are all well done with sharp angles and the uniforms like you said are blocky and a little too vanilla. Just no cohesion with the rest of their branding which seems like a missed opportunity to me.

They did. I think it was Rare who did the logos and Jordan Brand who did the uniforms.

They did. I think it was Rare who did the logos and Jordan Brand who did the uniforms.

Oh okay, that definitely makes sense. You sure it wasn't the other way around though, Jordan and Adidas collaborated?

Here we go..back from the dead. The Hornets uniform critiques.

Mummy.gif

To be fair its warranted for its potential but shortcomings on execution.

So if Hornets uniform criticism is warrented why bash it?
Dude haven't you noticed the pic? It's been bashed to death..for MONTHS!! From the reveal to before the season started. The horse has been dead, no need to do it again. Just saying. We already know. Just like bashing sleeve unis. Redundancy is not progress my friend.
shado_logo.gif

Here we go..back from the dead. The Hornets uniform critiques.

Mummy.gif

To be fair its warranted for its potential but shortcomings on execution.

So if Hornets uniform criticism is warrented why bash it?
Dude haven't you noticed the pic? It's been bashed to death..for MONTHS!! From the reveal to before the season started. The horse has been dead, no need to do it again. Just saying. We already know. Just like bashing sleeve unis. Redundancy is not progress my friend.
"Progress"? It's an internet message board dedicated to sports logos and uniforms. People are commenting on a sports uniform. Take it easy.

Here is the jersey with the shorts (via @philhecken, @lets0, and @conradburry on twitter). I really like it. It has some style to it compared to the blandness of the other unis.

B5Bsv6QCcAAku_f.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Wow..Good find ror97.!!

@Ice cap..only children complain about the same thing over and over and it doesn't faze em. There are over 120+ pages on this thread(20+ pages spent talking Hornets uni faults) AND the entire 2014-15 CHARLOTTE HORNETS uniform thread..

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92209-charlotte-hornets/

you missed the point. We discuss UNIFORMS..ok Got it.. but do we need to go back and complain about something SPECIFICALLY (one uniform) we did already. Its not that serious but exhausting when i rather talk about the color combination matchups and other unis like this new NETS uni.

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

shado_logo.gif

Here is the jersey with the shorts (via @philhecken, @lets0, and @conradburry on twitter). I really like it. It has some style to it compared to the blandness of the other unis.

B5Bsv6QCcAAku_f.jpg

Hm, really wish I could see the full upper of the jersey. The shorts look pretty solid. Sleeves for the jersey would be a shame though. Can't wait to see the full set in action, I like the idea this has at least.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived