NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty interesting move by the Jazz, who wore navy at home against the Sixers (sorry, my phone's camera blows). There's only one other time that I can remember Utah wearing navy at home. It happened to be last year against Denver (who also happened to be wearing their away uniforms). Faaaaaaaaaaascinating.XMBdBnG.jpgv2uNRfE.jpg

I don't have specific dates, but the Jazz have worn their navy roads at least 1-2 per year when they introduced the set back in 2010.

Was looking up sky blue Chicago Bulls hats to buy when I stumbled on this hat. It says its for the Oklahoma City Redhawks(Minor League Baseball team and i believe they are the Dodgers now) but when I saw it I immediately said to myself this would be 100% better than OKC Thunder's logo. Has anyone else seen this? Sorry if late

img_2981.jpg

Edit: Found a 2nd version.

Oklahoma%20City%20RedHawks%20New%20Era%2

shado_logo.gif

when I saw it I immediately said to myself this would be 100% better than OKC Thunder's logo.

img_2981.jpg

And you would be 100% right, sir. In general, I'd say that would probably make a better secondary logo for an NBA team, but OKCs primary logo is so bad this could probably do just as good as their primary.

Was looking up sky blue Chicago Bulls hats to buy when I stumbled on this hat. It says its for the Oklahoma City Redhawks(Minor League Baseball team and i believe they are the Dodgers now) but when I saw it I immediately said to myself this would be 100% better than OKC Thunder's logo. Has anyone else seen this? Sorry if late

img_2981.jpg

It looks like it says COK

img_2981.jpg

Which is not a word.

It does however makeouf OKC...because you know that exactly what it is.

It looks nice in a vacuum, but why is the C bigger if it represents OKC? As opposed to, say, the Cougars of Kansas. Or the Oklahoma Cavalry. For whatever reason, when it's all for the same side of the team nickname, it bothers me if they are uneven.

Don't tell Gothamite -- :) -- but I have the same issue with NYCFC's monogram. The N seems so small compared to the Y and C.

Could just be personal preference, but the two baseball NYs look far superior to me. But they have decades of history behind them, too.

It looks nice in a vacuum, but why is the C bigger if it represents OKC. As opposed to, say, the Cougars of Kansas. Or the Oklahoma Cavalry. For whatever reason, when it's all for the same side of the team nickname, it bothers me if they are uneven.

Don't tell Gothamite -- :) -- but I have the same issue with NYCFC's monogram. The N seems so small compared to the Y and C.

Could just be personal preference, but the two baseball NYs look far superior to me. But they have decades of history behind them, too.

I feel the same about the NYCFC monogram. It's very awkward. Monograms are hard to do well!

As for that Redhawks hat, I'm impressed that a minor league team is so shamelessly producing fashion caps using other market teams' schemes. Would still rather wear that than anything with the Thunder logo.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I won't expect any of these teams to really change their unis except for Cleveland next year.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12153877

NBA Top-Selling Jersey List

LeBron James remained atop the NBA's best-selling jersey list but this time in his No. 23 Cavaliers jersey for the first time since 2004.

1. LeBron James, Cavaliers

2. Stephen Curry, Warriors

3. Kevin Durant, Thunder

4. Kobe Bryant, Lakers

5. Derrick Rose, Bulls

6. Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers

7. Carmelo Anthony, Knicks

8. Tim Duncan, Spurs

9. Dwyane Wade, Heat

10. Blake Griffin, Clippers

11. Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers

12. Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks

13. Chris Paul, Clippers

14. James Harden, Rockets

15. Anthony Davis, Pelicans

Top 5 sales - Overall Team merchandise

1. Cavaliers

2. Bulls

3. Warriors

4. Lakers

5. Spurs

shado_logo.gif

img_2981.jpg

Which is not a word.

OKC isn't a word either, what's your point?

It looks nice in a vacuum, but why is the C bigger if it represents OKC?

Think of the OK as one letter representing the "Oklahoma" in "Oklahoma City" and then it kind of takes the form of a traditional two-letter baseball monogram (duogram?). Kind of like how IJ is one letter in Dutch. I'm reaching here, I know.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know these are from last year, but can anybody shed light on the below Bobcats Light Blue shorts I found on ebay? I don't recall seeing anybody ever wear these (listed as team issued authentic);

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adidas-NBA-Authentic-Charlotte-Bobocats-team-issued-shorts-4XL-2-Length-/161554194982?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item259d616226

_1.jpg

I won't expect any of these teams to really change their unis except for Cleveland next year.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12153877

NBA Top-Selling Jersey List

LeBron James remained atop the NBA's best-selling jersey list but this time in his No. 23 Cavaliers jersey for the first time since 2004.

1. LeBron James, Cavaliers

2. Stephen Curry, Warriors

3. Kevin Durant, Thunder

4. Kobe Bryant, Lakers

5. Derrick Rose, Bulls

6. Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers

7. Carmelo Anthony, Knicks

8. Tim Duncan, Spurs

9. Dwyane Wade, Heat

10. Blake Griffin, Clippers

11. Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers

12. Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks

13. Chris Paul, Clippers

14. James Harden, Rockets

15. Anthony Davis, Pelicans

Top 5 sales - Overall Team merchandise

1. Cavaliers

2. Bulls

3. Warriors

4. Lakers

5. Spurs

I'm really astonished by how that awful jersey design sells, even though it's LeBron. I, as a Cavs fan, would never buy one of those jerseys. Now that the Cavs suck on the court lately, could as well get new unis so that there would be even something worth looking at.

I know these are from last year, but can anybody shed light on the below Bobcats Light Blue shorts I found on ebay? I don't recall seeing anybody ever wear these (listed as team issued authentic);

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adidas-NBA-Authentic-Charlotte-Bobocats-team-issued-shorts-4XL-2-Length-/161554194982?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item259d616226

_1.jpg

Rumoured alternate for the team. Never came through, and we've seen these shorts before on here.

img_2981.jpg

Which is not a word.

OKC isn't a word either, what's your point?

My point is you know exactly what it stands for. You didn't sit there and stare at your computer thinking "hmm, what does COK stand for?!"

Archived